BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#196631 - 02/05/17 03:43 PM owling Blog
RGR Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 62/m/Ontario
Okay it has been a few weeks since having my first pro lesson. I will do a catch up on what has happened. The first few weeks were good no 600s but good, 596, 582, 550, 585 then 488 and then a struggle for a 520. I was wondering what happened. So on my practise day decided to really look and see what I was doing maybe different. After throwing a few frames that I wasn't happy about. I stood there, took my first step, there it was, I was not getting that ball out there in front of me. It was only about half way out. We worked on that I would get that ball out there and he would take it from me, he would stand in front. Practised that a few times. Then what I did not mention is the relaxed arm swing. Actually having the whole weight of the ball on my left arm, I'm right handed, and then when you release the ball with your left let the ball fall like a pendulum. In doing that it actually caused me to have a slightly higher back swing, I worried about the higher back swing, I don't remember what was said but it was not to worry about as long as it doesn't cause pain or uncomfortable which it is not. Actually without me realising it I started to put my ball weight back on to my right arm, which was another problem that I changed. One of my big problems was as the foul line, felt rushed. Supposed to be there just before the ball which I was not. I was told you have to wait for it. The higher back swing actually for me created that wait for it moment. Things started to come back. I know when you practise your not supposed to look at the score but that 7 bagger looked good. The next week in league play I shot a 567, I was around the pocket a lot, also a lot of ten pins but on the good part I made every one, a few splits, but all in all it did not feel like a struggle it felt good. So that's where I'm at.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#196632 - 02/05/17 04:05 PM Re: Bowling Blog [Re: RGR]
djp1080 Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 70/m/IL
Great news RGR!
Sounds like the coaching gave you an upper hand on things thanks to your wife. You're thinking about what's going on while you're bowling and know what should be done. That's great! Keep up the good work... Congrats!

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by BOSStull - 56 minutes 30 seconds ago
Hybrid Ball?
by BOSStull - Today at 05:26 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2017-18 thread
by goobee - Yesterday at 07:21 PM
What a Disparity
by goobee - Yesterday at 07:08 PM
Track My Roll Product
by Dennis Michael - 09/20/17 01:49 PM
Lane Machine Breakdowns
by Dennis Michael - 09/20/17 01:31 PM
PRODIGY BOWLERS TOUR -- 09-16-2017 "BOWLAPALOOZA"
by W9JAB - 09/20/17 11:20 AM
Slow speed and weak release - matching up...
by mmalsed - 09/19/17 12:16 PM
Riverside Lanes, Laughlin, Nv?
by BowlerBill - 09/18/17 12:08 AM
Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh BOY!!!
by 6_ball_man - 09/15/17 01:41 PM
Help with unknown Rhino
by jeff bruce - 09/12/17 12:40 PM
Reactive Balls are designed to be throw hard!
by nord - 09/09/17 11:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2017 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.