BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#195793 - 11/02/16 11:11 AM Not Another full roller question
W9JAB Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 66/m/Il.
Not Another full roller question, But a question for the full roller.

Nord, I’m sure you track a “full roller” but comparing your release to other full rollers I see a big difference in styles.

Hardwick and Hale work the side of the ball, with the fingers were you work the top, You look like your dragging a block of ice to the fowl line, nelson compared to them, who use more of a classic style.

So the question is to be a “full roller” is it release or track? undecided

JOE

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#195794 - 11/02/16 11:20 AM Re: Not Another full roller question [Re: W9JAB]
82Boat69 Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 71/M/California
I vote for PAP. All full rollers have the same PAP.

#195797 - 11/02/16 04:44 PM Re: Not Another full roller question [Re: W9JAB]
82Boat69 Offline

Here's a question. If the preferred release technique these days is to unhinge the wrist at the bottom of the swing, aren't we all working the top of the ball more than in the past?

I wouldn't recommend a Samsonite delivery, but doesn't unhinging create more tilt which allows more RPM's with less effort?

I have a PAP of 6-3/16 over and my last flare lines are way off the fingers and thumb if I unhinge but are much closer if I keep my wrist firm and go up the back.

#195865 - 11/11/16 09:43 AM Re: Not Another full roller question [Re: W9JAB]
W9JAB Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 66/m/Il.

livid What is that terrible thumping noise?

The full roller on the next lane! nelson

#195866 - 11/11/16 09:57 AM Re: Not Another full roller question [Re: W9JAB]
82Boat69 Offline

For those of us who converted from full-roller to 3/4 roller, that thumping wasn't just irritating to the people on other lanes. It drove me nuts for about 9 months. It would come and go.

I bowl in a senior scratch league where nobody wants to adjust to the lanes. They would rather blame the lanes than the inconsistencies in their own game.

Many, almost immediately, believe the lanes are different. Sometimes the lanes are different, but everyone knows those pairs. I think an unwillingness to recognize their own limitations keeps many older bowlers from being their best. They would rather complain than practice.

#195869 - 11/11/16 10:29 AM Re: Not Another full roller question [Re: 82Boat69]
82Boat69 Offline

I'm also 6-3/16 over and down 3/8. Unhinging at the bottom works, but maybe 'unhinging' and 'bottom' needs to be defined :-) For me, 'bottom' is too late. Just before the bottom is where it works for me. 'Unhinge' does not mean breaking my wrist. It's more of a soft ultra-relaxed feel. In fact, I almost feel like I'm dropping the ball.

Letting my arm fall totally relaxed until that point is the most difficult. If I do it right it's kind of like a bullwhip effect and generates a lot of rev's without much effort.

If you can find a slow-mo video of New Wei Fen from Singapore, she does it really well. If you watch her right arm and hand after she releases, it whips out in front and a little left but it doesn't seem she tried that much.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - Today at 04:35 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by Dennis Michael - Today at 01:00 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - Today at 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - Today at 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.