BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#195324 - 10/03/16 04:08 PM Rules for suspending player from league
LindaDelcamp Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 63/Female/Michigan
I'm rather new to bowling on a league and don't really know all the rules. I bowl on a ladies league and recently there was an incident where one of the ladies was kicked out of the league I assume for physical behavior (she hit another person, her daughter, on another team). My question is that on our weekly score sheets right in front of her last game is the letter (i). Can anyone tell me what that is suppose to mean? I know the letter (a) is absent bowler and (blk) I think means blind bowler, but I haven't any idea what the letter (i) means.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#195327 - 10/03/16 04:38 PM Re: Rules for suspending player from league [Re: LindaDelcamp]
82Boat69 Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 70/M/California
It's more than likely a code for 'Indefinite Suspension'. There are many forms of suspension and until a ruling comes down from USBC, the person's status is probably 'Indefinite Suspension'.

Fighting on the lanes, even between family members, is bad form. Strangely, if you ask me, USBC is very lenient with respect to suspensions and will usually work with the league officers if they don't want a person to be suspended forever.

It's not uncommon. I was in a league meeting where the president of the league became so infuriated at a person he called him out. The person he called out was in a wheelchair and told the president come and get it :-) I've also seen 2 people who had too much to drink wrestling on the approaches and then yucking it up a week later. I've personally been threaten because I wouldn't sell half-n-half tickets.

If you go to bowl.com and send an email to USBC, they can probably give you the low down on all the codes you may see on a recap.

#195366 - 10/06/16 05:11 AM Re: Rules for suspending player from league [Re: LindaDelcamp]
wbw910 Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 47/M/Tx
Originally Posted By: LindaDelcamp
I'm rather new to bowling on a league and don't really know all the rules. I bowl on a ladies league and recently there was an incident where one of the ladies was kicked out of the league I assume for physical behavior (she hit another person, her daughter, on another team). My question is that on our weekly score sheets right in front of her last game is the letter (i). Can anyone tell me what that is suppose to mean? I know the letter (a) is absent bowler and (blk) I think means blind bowler, but I haven't any idea what the letter (i) means.

It probably is for indefinite. First your league officers have to vote,if approved,it goes to the local association who will investigate,then vote if it's appropriate. If the league really wants this bowler out,the easiest way is to have the proprietor; ban them from the place

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:42 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/21/18 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.