BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#192086 - 09/07/15 05:30 PM New core technology - Columbia Swerve
Dave800 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Burbs of Milwaukee
video release
https://youtu.be/XVS4hhsYIbU

this ball is something special at the pins IMO
Its a medium to medium strong piece
Hammer rebel
Severe Delirium
Gamebreaker2
Gamebreaker2 Phenom Pearl
Track Kinetic
Hammer Phobia
Columbia sideswipe solid
Track Legion solid

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#192092 - 09/08/15 12:41 PM Re: New core technology - Columbia Swerve [Re: Dave800]
BowlerBill Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 55/m/Ca
Interesting video. Do you have one of these balls? I just might have to pick one up if it works as good as they say it is.

HS 805 (250, 300, 255) (non-sanctioned)
746 (267, 257, 222) (sanctioned)

#192098 - 09/08/15 07:34 PM Re: New core technology - Columbia Swerve [Re: Dave800]
Dave800 Offline
Virtual League Champion

I do have one, its a keeper for me.
I watch my ball to see what it does when it encounters the friction.
that gives me information on what i did right or wrong
I also watch my ball go through the pins, and you can definitely tell by watching this go through the pins
I was on a high volume, medium sport pattern last week with it and it was very predictable and strong in the correct part of the lane
Carry was very good

with any ball, you cant be afraid to alter the surface to fit your needs, I happen to be able to use it at its OBB finish which is 2000 dull, after 5 or 6 shots, its lane shined up anyways
Hammer rebel
Severe Delirium
Gamebreaker2
Track Kinetic
Hammer Phobia
Columbia sideswipe solid
Track Legion solid

#192106 - 09/09/15 02:46 PM Re: New core technology - Columbia Swerve [Re: Dave800]
BowlerBill Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 55/m/Ca
Well, I ordered one. I might get it on Thursday. I'll report back on how it works.

HS 805 (250, 300, 255) (non-sanctioned)
746 (267, 257, 222) (sanctioned)

#192113 - 09/09/15 09:27 PM Re: New core technology - Columbia Swerve [Re: Dave800]
Dave800 Offline
Virtual League Champion

I don't think it available until 9-15-15
if you trust your Pro Shop, they should ask you what conditions you want this piece for.
if its a normal house shot, you must learn to move your feet and target once the lane pattern starts to go away
also, all balls really, require maintenance, make sure you get a decent cleaner and clean after every use
these dull balls soak up the oil like a sponge
you may need to get it baked in 40-50 games depending on how oily your place is
ans surface adjustments are common these days, so don't be afraid to go and see your shop if its to much or to little
its a normal and easy adjustment
ball surface is the single most influential thing that affects ball motion
Hammer rebel
Severe Delirium
Gamebreaker2
Track Kinetic
Hammer Phobia
Columbia sideswipe solid
Track Legion solid

#192124 - 09/10/15 12:50 PM Re: New core technology - Columbia Swerve [Re: Dave800]
djp1080 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 72/m/IL
They've added some enhancement to the core material as stated in the video. I'm thinking that this is similar to the concept of Storm's mention of coefficient of restitution for some of their equipment like the Hy-Road. Not sure what other models have a high COR. Looks interesting...

#192142 - 09/11/15 10:07 AM Re: New core technology - Columbia Swerve [Re: djp1080]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Originally Posted By: djp1080
They've added some enhancement to the core material as stated in the video. I'm thinking that this is similar to the concept of Storm's mention of coefficient of restitution for some of their equipment like the Hy-Road. Not sure what other models have a high COR. Looks interesting...

Yeah, Hyroads get this by not having outer core filter, seems that C300 is messing with outer core additives. Why not?

The weight block is fairly unremarkable, sort of typical RG and Diff numbers for a top shelf ball, with a lower mass bias that makes the ball act like a symmetric core.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.