BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#191069 - 03/29/15 06:57 PM PBA League - Quarterfinals - Week 1 - REVIEW
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
#DoubleCheese #PBALeague #MaineEvent #BaysideBowl

What do you think of today's action of these two best-of-2 rounds?

NYC WTT Kingpins vs. Brooklyn Styles

and

Silver Lake Atom Splitters vs. Philadelphia Hitmen

DOU-BLE CHEESE! DOU-BLE CHEESE! DOU-BLE CHEESE!

UH-OH, Blackout on Belmo!!! smile
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#191074 - 03/29/15 09:08 PM Re: PBA League - Quarterfinals - Week 1 - REVIEW [Re: BIGHMW]
SteveH Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
I had it on DVR. Gotta love the simplicity, and stupidity of Comcast. Who could guess it would go over, and it would end, Prematurely?

Time to cut the cord.

Oh, the bowling. My God what a great atmosphere. The bowling was funny actually.

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Roto Grip All Out Show Off
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#191075 - 03/29/15 10:27 PM Re: PBA League - Quarterfinals - Week 1 - REVIEW [Re: SteveH]
Mkirchie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/New Jersey
I was fortunate enough that when I set it to record on my DVR, I saw that a Women's NCAA tournament game had run into the time slot of the next show, so I set it for a bunch of extra time just in case. Otherwise, I would have set it to normal time and missed the end also.

As for the bowling, I found it to be entertaining and a fun change of pace. Also, I'm going to be a little less annoyed at myself for missing single pin spares, I've never seen anything like that.

Mark

#191076 - 03/29/15 10:46 PM Re: PBA League - Quarterfinals - Week 1 - REVIEW [Re: BIGHMW]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

Yeah, I mean the crowd at 12-lane Bayside Bowl was AWESOME, and I believe the players were ill-prepared for this somewhat over-the-top enthusiasm the fans in the great state of Maine have been waiting to show since the PBA started in 1958, but then after the first commercial break, everyone settled down and then we saw the great talent that these great players truly have.

BTW, I moved to a new bowling center this past season, a small 16-lane center, Laurel Lanes in Port Angeles, WA, 45 miles from Port Townsend, WA, and it compares to that center as far as the characteristics of it are concerned, it really is tight quarters in both of those centers, and even before that, between 1989 and 1996, I bowled over at our old 12-lane bowling center we used to have here in Port Townsend, Key City Lanes (it closed down in 1999), and it was small too, so I've got to get back the feeling I lost back in 2002 in my rookie season at (40 lanes) All-Star Lanes of bowling in really small centers, in other words, I've gotta work on that faulty tunnel-vision you've gotta have for such small venues like this one was.

They should hold more TV finals in smaller venues like this every once in a while, it allows for the fans to REALLY get into it, and for them to let the players (and the PBA) truly appreciate the support that they have for them. Close interaction makes for a great atmosphere for both players and fans alike. smile

www.BIGHMW.com

#191079 - 03/29/15 11:03 PM Re: PBA League - Quarterfinals - Week 1 - REVIEW [Re: BIGHMW]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

Originally Posted By: BIGHMW
They should hold more TV finals in smaller venues like this every once in a while, it allows for the fans to REALLY get into it, and for them to let the players (and the PBA) truly appreciate the support that they have for them. Close interaction makes for a great atmosphere for both players and fans alike. smile

Can you imagine the PBA League competition being held at smaller venues across the country every year, who knows, perhaps maybe one of these years it would be held over at the 8-lane (?) Detroit Athletic Club or maybe perhaps the VIP Lanes section at Red Rock Lanes in Vegas, those are distinct possibilities, you never know!!! smile

www.BIGHMW.com

#191080 - 03/29/15 11:13 PM Re: PBA League - Quarterfinals - Week 1 - REVIEW [Re: BIGHMW]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 33/M/NH
Was nice to see the enthusiasm from the crowd. They were really into it. The PBA was correct to come to New England. There's definitely the novelty aspect of it and this is an area where they could grow the game. Hope they come back here. Would prefer that they hold it in a bigger venue next time though since tickets were pretty much impossible to come by and there were a lot more people who would have liked to attend one of the shows.

#191082 - 03/29/15 11:56 PM Re: PBA League - Quarterfinals - Week 1 - REVIEW [Re: BIGHMW]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

I love the crowd when someone left a spare to shoot at, they started to chant, "Pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!"

...and how about Major Mika making a 2-8-10 split, by driving the 2-pin into the 10-pin and having either the 10 or 2-pin kick back into the 8-pin and take it out, unbelievable shot!!! I was about ready to call it 7-and-8-out or 9-out and an open frame and then I hear the crowd cheering and see Mika givin' 'em all high 5's left and right, as they showed the replay of him making it.

www.BIGHMW.com

#191085 - 03/30/15 05:39 AM Re: PBA League - Quarterfinals - Week 1 - REVIEW [Re: BIGHMW]
SteveH Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
That will be a bigger venue at some point, they're expanding it to 20 lanes.

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Roto Grip All Out Show Off
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#191089 - 03/30/15 01:39 PM Re: PBA League - Quarterfinals - Week 1 - REVIEW [Re: Mkirchie]
djp1080 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 71/m/IL
This was an enjoyable event to watch for sure. It was a big surprise to see so many missed spares, but I really enjoyed Mika's 2-8-10 split conversion. Tough loss for Pete Weber vs Parker Bohn though. He couldn't have lost to a better guy.
Being an older guy I still miss the competition from years ago when they'd bowl one on one for a three game series on TV with Whispering Joe Wilson, but this show was a good one... smile

#191106 - 03/31/15 07:14 PM Re: PBA League - Quarterfinals - Week 1 - REVIEW [Re: djp1080]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

Now you can watch it all for yourself!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cNrXd25mDE

www.BIGHMW.com

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 05/17/19 09:17 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/13/19 02:12 AM
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by dalion - 04/29/19 11:19 AM
Help with spare shooting
by Dennis Michael - 04/22/19 07:27 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.