BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190742 - 03/04/15 09:19 PM Randy Pedersen
iwanttoimprove Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 58/M/Illinois
I think I'm spelling Randy's last name right. I was just wondering what you all think of him as a color commentator. I personally think he is one of the best color commentators that I've heard on any sport broadcast I've heard.

Not only is he knowledgeable, but he's not afraid to say what is on his mind. However, sometimes when he gets talking about the oil patterns and some other things from the bowling lexicon, I have trouble totally understanding him (it goes over my head). Like when he explains the oil patterns each week, sometimes I understand, and sometimes I don't fully understand. I think part of the problem there, though, is that he doesn't have a lot of time to explain it.

And, I hate to speak badly of anyone, but I'm glad he now has a different partner. I really couldn't hardly take Rob Stone. For one thing, I didn't like the hambone reference, which he was doing his best to change the four bagger to. Heck, I even like calling it a 4 bagger better.

I didn't mind the Yahtzee for 5 strikes, as I kind of thought most people know what a Yahtzee is, and at least it makes sense. But Hambone didn't make sense. Even Turkey makes sense. I looked it up one time, and it had something to do with bowling's more primitive days when I think they were even using wooden balls, and if a bowler got a turkey, which I think was rare in those days, he really got a real turkey!!!

But Rob Stone just seemed to me to try to be funny, and kind of took away from the PBA and bowling being regarded as a serious sport.

But, I really like Pedersen. I was just watching the match in the arena where some guy in yellow was doing something that was bugging him and may have caused him to lose to Norm Duke by one pin. He was really yelling at the guy. I don't think Norm knew what to do while his tirade went on. But, I still like him regardless. And, Norm is my favorite.

Boy, you can tell that I'm currently bedridden, with the questions I'm asking. But, will be bowling soon.

Oh, and if anyone didn't already know (or care), Mr. Stone voluntarily moved on to Fox in 2011 to head their soccer telecasts. He was originally a college Soccer player.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by wronghander - Yesterday at 11:58 PM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 05/17/19 09:17 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/13/19 02:12 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.