BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#190540 - 02/22/15 01:45 AM Weeks from hell regarding balls!
Odie8654 Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 55/F/California
Hey Gang, unfortunately it's been an incredibly difficult three weeks of bowling as my IT broke a few weeks back and we have been trying to get a stable fit for my hand with permanent thumb inserts. It gets sooooooo close but I can still tell enough of a difference that after having the EXACT same feel for alll four balls for so long, it just drives me insane! Plus for some reason, the balls are just not staying on my hand, so now I'm gripping the balls so tight I can't release consistently! Tore thumb, he fixed the issue, now I go in after dropping my average 4 pins In Two weeks, I'm in tears becuz my back and neck and hand (major back, neck surgeries 2014) hurt so bad I'm crying. So finally making a mold of thumb hole, so tried one and loved it! Can't wait for Monday to try them all and them being the same!!!!! Been an emotional roller coaster!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#190545 - 02/22/15 09:48 AM Re: Weeks from hell regarding balls! [Re: Odie8654]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
Glad you found a fix. Why didn't you get another IT?
High series 810
Current ave. 213

#190549 - 02/22/15 12:59 PM Re: Weeks from hell regarding balls! [Re: Odie8654]
Odie8654 Offline
Junior Master

Spr3wr,

Howdy, I had sooooooo much trouble with the darn thing breaking during competition! Three major breaks in as many yrs! Frustrated with the darn thing. Loved the feel! Everyone I know has had great success with theirs, it's Murphy's law that I'd be the one to have all the trouble of course!

Hopefully the thumb mold gives me the exact thing on each thumb, that's what they tell me anyway! The sample ball was wonderful, felt like an extension of my hand again, so we will see!! I get them tomorrow.

What part of Michigan are u from/in? I was raised a Yupper (upper Michigan), not a Troll ( lower, below the bridge! Heehee). Most people I know from Michigan are trolls!

#190559 - 02/23/15 07:40 AM Re: Weeks from hell regarding balls! [Re: Odie8654]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
Good luck with the thumb mold .Yes I'm a Troll, live in Burton born in flint lol.
High series 810
Current ave. 213

#190572 - 02/23/15 10:04 PM Re: Weeks from hell regarding balls! [Re: spr3wr]
Odie8654 Offline
Junior Master

Spr3wr, Everyone says theirs are great, I'm the only jinxed one! Heehee actually thot I was getting a mold after the IT, but miscommunication from the other Pro Shop guy. No biggie. But anyway, got the balks back today from my guy!!! Wow!!!!! Every ball is exactly the same!!!! it's amazing, If I closed my eyes I couldn't tell you which ball I was putting my hand into! It's crqzy!!!! Now gotta relax and get out of the three week bad routine and let the ball swing easy! Hope I get back on track quick!! Can't afford to drop my average anymore!!!

Wow, a true Troll!!! Lol I loved the U.P. it was so beautiful where I lived! Except for the black bear that used to chase me EVERYTIME he found me!!!! Surprised I'm not a track star!!

Thanks for write back!! I'm so anxious to bowl Wednesday now!!

Edited by Odie8654 (02/23/15 10:09 PM)

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.