BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#189718 - 12/30/14 04:19 AM Inside line re-visited
spdarr Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 44/M/Malaysia
After these years, finally I had the gut to play the inside line during a tournament.. when the lanes are difficult to handle on the outside. However, I was wondering why:
1. the ball was reading the lane quite early...I was trying to send the ball to board 9 at the break-point. Was it because the launch angle, target arrow or the speed was too slow?
2. I can still get some strikes with ringing tens (top vs bottom video), even though the entry angle is small?
3. should I keep playing this way? Is this sustainable?
How do I adjust?.. advice please, thanks guys

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#189720 - 12/31/14 01:16 PM Re: Inside line re-visited [Re: spdarr]
Dylan585 Offline
2X Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 20/m/ny
I would imagine you would leave quite a bit of ten pins throwing like hat. It is sustainable but I would imagine you would have a lot less miss

High game: 288 (2 times now!)
High series: 710
Average: 197

Bag: Original Burgandy Hammer, Genesis the judge, motiv Forza gt, motiv Arctic sniper

#189724 - 12/31/14 11:00 PM Re: Inside line re-visited [Re: Dylan585]
spdarr Offline
Junior Master

I agree.. and I used the throw only when its difficult to control, like in game 4-6 in trios or foursome team games. Just trying to hit the pocket.
There's no downlane markers.. I stood at 33-35 and target the middle arrow, where does it hit at 40ft?

#189725 - 01/01/15 11:06 AM Re: Inside line re-visited [Re: spdarr]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
your rev rate looks a bit low for that line, that's why you are leaving the weak tens. You need to start more behind the ball to create more revolutions. Maybe slow the speed down even more to create more turn. That is a very tight line your playing. To play that tight, you need more revs. Your ball is deflecting too much.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#189726 - 01/01/15 11:12 AM Re: Inside line re-visited [Re: spdarr]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
Where the ball hits at 40 ft depends on where your sliding and how close to your slide foot the release is. Also the ball speed, axis rotation, and rev rate will all play a role in where the ball turns. A higher rev rate will want to turn earlier. more axis rotation will want to turn later. Lower speeds will want to turn earlier. Higher speeds will want to turn later. Then there's ball surface. Of course duller balls will turn earlier. Shinier balls will turn later. Make sure you are facing the target and not the lane. Draw a line on the lane of the path you would like the ball to take. Stay behind the ball as long as possible.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#189728 - 01/01/15 11:36 AM Re: Inside line re-visited [Re: spdarr]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
I agree with Smooth. I have more revs and that line is out of my reach even on a house shot unless it's totally fried for the same reasons. You might be better off moving out a little and swinging the ball to create area for yourself. That should help get the ball to drive better through the pins and take out the nasty ten pins. During practice it's a good line to experiment with for inside comfort building.
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#189729 - 01/01/15 01:04 PM Re: Inside line re-visited [Re: spdarr]
SteveH Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
I can't do that line, except during kids birthday party burnt lanes. Not enough revs to have the angle to the pocket. I can get away with it with the Crux for awhile, but nothing else. Leaving the ten pins will tire you out more quickly than playing further right and throwing faster ever will.

Just have to find your A game, and try to stick as close to that for as long as you can.

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Roto Grip All Out Show Off
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#189745 - 01/02/15 03:11 AM Re: Inside line re-visited [Re: SteveH]
spdarr Offline
Junior Master

I appreciated all the advices.. I'd stay between 1st and 3rd arrow most of the time as my A game. That day in the last game the urge to move was so bad when I got splits in the 4th, 5th & 6th frames. I then played straight in the middle and striked home. That time I just want to avoid unmakeable spares. Never thought it worked nut

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 09/12/19 12:24 AM
USBC Rule 12
by Dennis Michael - 09/10/19 07:26 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Mkirchie - 09/03/19 03:33 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.