BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187819 - 07/16/14 07:35 AM Two years or no competitive action
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD
Decided if I ever got back into the game I would make changes...

Better to bowl like me instead of like Son of Jor-El for those who are still around and remember. Have at it...

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#187829 - 07/17/14 07:20 PM Re: Two years or no competitive action [Re: GunsTariq]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I don't know what your ball speed is but it seems to fluctuate because you drop the ball by your side and pull the ball into your backswing. Then you seem to want to slow the ball down in your delivery. If your missing your target, I would guess that would be the reason. The best bowlers don't muscle the ball. The ball falls freely into the downswing with the weight of the ball creating the momentum. I don't know what the others will say but I would say a hinged push away or an old fashioned push away would help you create a more muscle free swing and better accuracy. My two cents

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#187849 - 07/19/14 11:01 AM Re: Two years or no competitive action [Re: Smooth Stroker]
GunsTariq Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 25/M/Gwynn Oak, MD
Originally Posted By: Smooth Stroker
I don't know what your ball speed is but it seems to fluctuate because you drop the ball by your side and pull the ball into your backswing. Then you seem to want to slow the ball down in your delivery. If your missing your target, I would guess that would be the reason. The best bowlers don't muscle the ball. The ball falls freely into the downswing with the weight of the ball creating the momentum. I don't know what the others will say but I would say a hinged push away or an old fashioned push away would help you create a more muscle free swing and better accuracy. My two cents

You're right on that. I use the modern hinge technique but I do hinge and pull. One thing I look to fix if I ever take bowling serious again.

Like it or not, bad strikes keep continues strings.

#187850 - 07/19/14 11:41 AM Re: Two years or no competitive action [Re: GunsTariq]
SteveH Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
What a fantastically smooth motion though. Definitely a better starting point than my own smile

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Roto Grip All Out Show Off
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#187939 - 08/01/14 09:26 AM Re: Two years or no competitive action [Re: GunsTariq]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
http://s943.photobucket.com/user/spr3wr/media/guns_zps76dac9ad.png.html

When dropping the ball into the swing as your right foot plants the ball should be over your Right knee.

http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/stories/058_bji.pdf

and you need a 2nd crossover step (red oval).

Think low and long after the release.Don't bend the elbow after the release.

http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/stories/why_long_low_follow.pdf
High series 810
Current ave. 213

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by SteveH - 09/17/19 11:06 AM
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 09/12/19 12:24 AM
USBC Rule 12
by Dennis Michael - 09/10/19 07:26 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Mkirchie - 09/03/19 03:33 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.