BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187519 - 06/01/14 09:45 AM PBA Experience Leagues
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 63/M /Georgia
Well I signed up for the PBA Experience League. I am somewhat disappointed in the league. Only six teams. We voted on whether to sanction or not and I was the only one to vote YES. I almost left then, but I stayed and played. I wanted to bowl the patterns. It is good time to see what balls that I have works best with the different PBA patterns. I need to thin my arsenal down so a few balls are getting one last look on the different patterns.

First week I averaged 193 on Viper. Not so bad considering I treated this as a practice and experimented with my arsenal and lane play.

Best results was throwing up the 8 board with my New Standard. The TRACK 714Cs and the BUZZ PE did not perform well.

Next week the Yeah Baby, Terminator Resurrection, and High Standard 2.0 will all get a look on this pattern.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#187520 - 06/01/14 11:29 AM Re: PBA Experience Leagues [Re: BOSStull]
BowlerBill Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 55/m/Ca
You will find this league to be the most challenging you have joined, especially when they put down the long oil patterns. We are bowling on the Shark in the league I signed up for. Scores are very low. Our next pattern is Viper but that's 6 weeks away. Your results on Viper are encouraging.

Did they tell you what patterns they will put down and how long you will bowl on them?

Good luck.

HS 805 (250, 300, 255) (non-sanctioned)
746 (267, 257, 222) (sanctioned)

#187521 - 06/01/14 12:52 PM Re: PBA Experience Leagues [Re: BOSStull]
BOSStull Offline

BowlerBill we are bowling 5 patterns 2 weeks a piece. They include the Bear, Badger, Shark, Scorpion, and Viper. I was looking forward to a short pattern but I am very disappointed that the Cheetah or the Wolf is not going to be offered. Having the perfect ball in the HORNET for short patterns and it is going to stay at home. I will be lobbying next week for a short pattern with the league.

#187522 - 06/01/14 01:55 PM Re: PBA Experience Leagues [Re: BOSStull]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
We move from the Shark to the Viper this week. There is no logic as to which pattern is coming next. And, they haven't listed the patterns we will have.

This is disconcerting as most bowlers will have to bring certain equipment for certain patterns. And, if the bowlers don't know that in advance, they can't prepare.

We've heard nothing regarding the Bear of Wolf, etc. Don't know if they are even putting them down.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#187527 - 06/02/14 12:30 PM Re: PBA Experience Leagues [Re: BOSStull]
BowlerBill Offline
Team USA Contender

Originally Posted By: BOSStull
BowlerBill we are bowling 5 patterns 2 weeks a piece. They include the Bear, Badger, Shark, Scorpion, and Viper. I was looking forward to a short pattern but I am very disappointed that the Cheetah or the Wolf is not going to be offered. Having the perfect ball in the HORNET for short patterns and it is going to stay at home. I will be lobbying next week for a short pattern with the league.

That is a tough league. 2 weeks isn't long enough to learn how to play each pattern. It looks like they will be putting you on all of the hardest patterns, which won't be much fun. I hope they listen and bring in the Cheetah or Wolf.

#187528 - 06/02/14 12:44 PM Re: PBA Experience Leagues [Re: Dennis Michael]
BowlerBill Offline
Team USA Contender

Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
We move from the Shark to the Viper this week. There is no logic as to which pattern is coming next. And, they haven't listed the patterns we will have.

This is disconcerting as most bowlers will have to bring certain equipment for certain patterns. And, if the bowlers don't know that in advance, they can't prepare.

We've heard nothing regarding the Bear of Wolf, etc. Don't know if they are even putting them down.

Wow, no advance notification on what they are putting down? That's brutal. You'll need to bring 8 balls to cover all the bases or try to make something work.

These are the reasons PBA experience leagues aren't getting more popular. In my opinion, they house should tell you in advance what they are putting out and when. They should also provide a printout of the pattern and some information on how to play it. Good luck.

#187569 - 06/09/14 12:38 PM Re: PBA Experience Leagues [Re: BOSStull]
cgeorg Offline

A/S/L: Pittsburgh, Pa
Quick thread hijack - does anyone know if graphs of the newest versions of these PBA lane patterns are available anywhere? They have changed a lot since I last bowled on them - I have Shark, Badger, and Scorpion all coming up in my summer league. Looking around online hasn't turned anything up.

Good to still see some familiar names here.

That my boy... that's pro quality.

#187570 - 06/09/14 01:36 PM Re: PBA Experience Leagues [Re: BOSStull]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 35/M/NH
I did find one for Badger (http://www.epicbowling.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/pba-badger-oil.png). Shark has not changed as far as I know. It wasn't used at all in the last WSOB. I have not been able to find a pattern graph of the 47' Scorpoin.

If anyone is bowling on Carmen Salvino, Mark Roth, or Dck Weber, check out this site -> http://www.ebtbowling.com/oil_patterns/oil_patterns.html Scroll down and you can find the 3 pattern graphs for those. My league is bowling on Carmen Salvino tonight. Practiced it on Saturday, not easy at all. A lot of OOB to the outside.

#187660 - 06/21/14 03:10 PM Re: PBA Experience Leagues [Re: BOSStull]
BOSStull Offline

What I am finding out that in this PBA Experience league all the info out there is just a stating point. Nothing really prepares you for a first time experience. The league voted not to sanction so I have not been bowling for an average but instead I am treating it as practice sessions. I get a chance to play what's in my 6 ball bag and see what works best for the given patterns. So far without getting into details I really only needed 1 ball plus the spare for the Viper and the Chameleon. I may be thinning my arsenal after this. The New Standard just outperformed everything I had. The NS with a sheen surface on the Viper but worked just as well on the Chameleon after dulling it down to 800.

Next week is on Cheetah so there is a short pattern. Can't wait to use my Hornet.

#187663 - 06/21/14 04:38 PM Re: PBA Experience Leagues [Re: BOSStull]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 35/M/NH
Originally Posted By: BOSStull
What I am finding out that in this PBA Experience league all the info out there is just a stating point. Nothing really prepares you for a first time experience.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the PBA changed the length of Viper, Chameleon, and Scorpion, so most of the info out there for those patterns is with the old distance and likely not much help.

That said I practiced on Chameleon today and I basically used the guidelines for Shark since it is the same 43' length that Chameleon is now. Managed 199,189,189,202 for the 4 games I bowled, with better spare shooting would have been over 800. Played the pattern very direct aiming over the second arrow from left to right with minimal hook and slower speed which seemed to work pretty well. Basically playing the hold that a longer pattern provides. Some of the better righties in the league were also practicing on the shot and they were playing the trck area with some success. They also had to keep their angles pretty tight however. Swinging the ball resulted in it not making it back to the pocket.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plugging balance holes
by djp1080 - Today at 05:21 PM
This is a damned shame
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 11:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.