For this season I had two goals:
1. pick up all non-10-pin single-pin spares
2. crack the top 10 in average for my local association (Washington, DC area)
Goal #1 is accomplished: This season I bowled 288 games across several leagues and in 2 houses. I had 661 single-pin leaves, and picked up 586 of those. The 75 single-pin spares that I missed were all the 10 pin. That is, I spared any single-pin that was NOT a 10-pin.
* the 75 10-pins that I missed means I missed one about every 4 games. Expecting an average of 11 pins given up each time I missed one, I figure missing those cost me around 2-3 pins on my season average. Something to button down next year.
* I did actually miss 3 non-10-pin single pins in the local association tournament. That was frustrating, but my goals were for league so technically that didn't count
Speaking of next year, I have these goals for league:
1. Spare all my non-10-pin single pins
2. Conversion rate on 10-pins at 90% or higher
3. 95% strike percentage after a spare or open
4. Convert all 2-pin leaves that aren't splits or washouts
800s: 836, 814, 802, 822
300s: 13 total
Stan Soaper: 219
Men's Automotive: 220