BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#187187 - 04/30/14 03:59 PM TheBigCat throwing the new Uproar
TheBigCat Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 63/M/Huntington Woods, MI.
mostly here so VDub can look at the ball...
brand new Uproar on a really easy house shot after a league had bowled on the lane. video is my 9 year-olds first attempt at making a movie...so...
I'm gabbing the whole time with the center's mechanic/lane man...who utters a brief expletive...beware.
(if anyone spots anything they think I can improve upon, please speak up...I'm always trying to get better. I know my 1st step is way too long, but I don't move the ball until my 2nd step starts, so might not be a big deal)

Rave
Dare Devil
Fanatic
Edge solid
Code Black
Fanatic SS
Scandal Pearl
Grudge
Mix (spare ball)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#187189 - 04/30/14 04:48 PM Re: TheBigCat throwing the new Uproar [Re: TheBigCat]
vdubtx Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 44/M/TX
Thanks BigCat. I don't think your cinematographer is going to win any awards. LOL

Equipment:
Roto Grip -
Haywire
Hyper Cell
Disturbed
Uproar
Roto Red Spare

Hammer -
First Blood

Storm -
Ride

Brunswick -
Nirvana

#187193 - 04/30/14 10:23 PM Re: TheBigCat throwing the new Uproar [Re: vdubtx]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: vdubtx
Thanks BigCat. I don't think your cinematographer is going to win any awards. LOL

LOL, I was thinking the same thing!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#187198 - 05/01/14 12:22 AM Re: TheBigCat throwing the new Uproar [Re: sk8shorty01]
TheBigCat Offline
Bracket Donor

Hey!
Stop it, you guys!
grin
He's in 4th grade, and I flipped him the camera and said "Here, make a movie of me bowling". That's the total of his cinematological (nice word, huh?) training. He's a good boy, gets 100% on all his schoolwork, and helps me with his little brother (when he's not beating him up, and making him cry).
I'd say his film making ability is about equal to his Dad's bowling ability.
rotfl
and...his work in the 6th frame is awe inspiring, and he did real well in the 5th and 7th, too.
usaribbon

Edited by TheBigCat (05/01/14 12:32 AM)
Edit Reason: added more smiley faces

Rave
Dare Devil
Fanatic
Edge solid
Code Black
Fanatic SS
Scandal Pearl
Grudge
Mix (spare ball)

#187200 - 05/01/14 07:04 AM Re: TheBigCat throwing the new Uproar [Re: TheBigCat]
SteveH Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
Better than watching through Google Glass on TV, just saying wink

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Roto Grip All Out Show Off
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#187201 - 05/01/14 09:01 AM Re: TheBigCat throwing the new Uproar [Re: TheBigCat]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: TheBigCat
Hey!
Stop it, you guys!
grin
He's in 4th grade, and I flipped him the camera and said "Here, make a movie of me bowling". That's the total of his cinematological (nice word, huh?) training. He's a good boy, gets 100% on all his schoolwork, and helps me with his little brother (when he's not beating him up, and making him cry).
I'd say his film making ability is about equal to his Dad's bowling ability.
rotfl
and...his work in the 6th frame is awe inspiring, and he did real well in the 5th and 7th, too.
usaribbon

Just giving you a hard time, no worries haha!

Just don't expect any Grammy's on the mantle smile
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#187203 - 05/01/14 09:25 AM Re: TheBigCat throwing the new Uproar [Re: sk8shorty01]
TheBigCat Offline
Bracket Donor

joking is a good thing.
ironically, my cousin, Don Was is a multi-Grammy award winner...but i think film-makers get Golden Globe's (or something), not Grammys.

while i have you on the phone, and since you're a Storm pro...what is the deal with the Uproar?
it's kind of billed as a dry lane, possibly short oil or sport shot ball. it's pretty much the opposite of that. but it's definitely not a heavy/long oil ball.
you can see my 'arsenal' in my sig., and avatar, and i can't figure out where the Uproar fits in with the rest of my stuff.

it came in handy last night. because i don't like carrying a lot of balls to league (lazy), and was picking up a new Low Flare, and last week the lanes were playing real long i needed to bring my dull Oath with me...so...i had only the Uproar, Fusion, Oath and Low Flare with me.
i was playing a good zone with the Fusion, around 13 out to 5, but by game 3, that track got burned up, and i had to slide left just a little. just moving from 13 in to about 17, the Fusion couldn't make the final turn. (i've found, and a lot of other guys, too, that the Fusion isn't all that great when you move inside. i didn't want to move all that deep (i still had a good zone going), so, no Oath. i tried the Uproar right where i was with the Fusion, and the Uproar made the last flip with no problem, and i went pretty big with it...buncha strikes.
so...what the heck is the Uproar? it reacts violently to dry...so no good on dry lanes. it likes to cover boards, so no good on burnt/sport conditions where i'm trying to narrow the strip of lane that i'm playing. no good on oil, because it's just not made to read heavy oil.
i thought it might be a ball down from my IQs, but it out-hooks them, especially the last 10 feet...and if i get the ball right just a tiny bit too early, it makes a sudden left turn.
it's great for moving just a few boards in when the IQs don't make the final flip, but other than that, given all the other balls i have, i'm not seeing it getting a lot of lane time.

Have you thrown it? What have you seen or heard about it? What do you think about it, and what is it best at?
Thx!!!
smile
TBC (Mark)

Rave
Dare Devil
Fanatic
Edge solid
Code Black
Fanatic SS
Scandal Pearl
Grudge
Mix (spare ball)

#187204 - 05/01/14 09:42 AM Re: TheBigCat throwing the new Uproar [Re: TheBigCat]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
I liked the video. The dramatic part was you go to the lines to roll a few, all relaxed, and suddenly you have the first six...on camera...and you realize this could be a real keepsake. Crap, 7 pin! Still a good game. smile

Not a staffer here, but my teammate rolls an Uproar. He used to have a Wrecker. He liked to use the Wrecker when there was defined hold and defined friction and he could get deep inside. The Wrecker would skid through the oil, saving all its energy to make a sharp turn on the backend. Unfortunately, it had a tendency to leave 10 pins (righty) on light hits. The Uproar is just a little stronger and carries a little better.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#187205 - 05/01/14 09:42 AM Re: TheBigCat throwing the new Uproar [Re: TheBigCat]
sk8shorty01 Offline

For me the Uproar is long and smooth.

It does come off the spot hard when it hits friction but I have not thrown any of them that were flippy.

What layout did you go with on yours? Do you know the Dual Angle or Pin Buffer numbers?

For me the Uproar was a ball down off the Asylum. Its pretty much a Wrecker (which gets crazy angular for me) in strength with a more smooth transition at the break.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#187207 - 05/01/14 09:55 AM Re: TheBigCat throwing the new Uproar [Re: sk8shorty01]
TheBigCat Offline
Bracket Donor

Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
For me the Uproar is long and smooth.

It does come off the spot hard when it hits friction but I have not thrown any of them that were flippy.

What layout did you go with on yours? Do you know the Dual Angle or Pin Buffer numbers?

For me the Uproar was a ball down off the Asylum. Its pretty much a Wrecker (which gets crazy angular for me) in strength with a more smooth transition at the break.

i'm getting the crazy angular thing with the Uproar. my Pro Shop guy thinks that will smooth out when it gets a few games on it, and soaks up a little oil. he's almost always right, so i'll just use it when i want a little more back-end than whatever i'm throwing, but don't want something so big that it forces me way inside. i'll give it some time, and see what happens.
Thanks, guys!!!
i really appreciate you guys that take the time to answer questions, and help people out. i've gone from a 190something to a 220something in a few years (unusual at my age, 60) and i've done it without changing anything physically...just by asking questions of better bowlers, and increasing my knowledge...so...thanks, again.

Rave
Dare Devil
Fanatic
Edge solid
Code Black
Fanatic SS
Scandal Pearl
Grudge
Mix (spare ball)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 11:01 AM
USBC Rule 12
by BOSStull - 09/22/19 10:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.