BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#186772 - 04/13/14 12:21 AM Bowling Associations-your thoughts...
Edy13 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 40+/M/Ohio
I'm interested in everyone's take on the various bowling associations, besides the PBA, that may be out there and if they are worth joining, especially for someone brand new to the sport.

Thanks

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#186776 - 04/13/14 07:55 AM Re: Bowling Associations-your thoughts... [Re: Edy13]
Calvin Pistorio Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: 32/m/maryland
This really depends on what your intentions are for bowling. If you decide to start league bowling there is a good chance the league you bowl will be USBC certified, which is the national governing body for the sport of bowling. If a league is certified and you decide to join the league you have join USBC. It's probably about $20 for a year memebership. Some areas are more(not much) or less based on what the State and Local associations charge to join, which yes you have to join those as well to bowl a league in that state or local association. There are other smaller bowling associations in certain areas as well as some tournament clubs.

Now you can find unsanctioned leagues, but they can make their own rules and if something was to go wrong like an officer taking off with the prize fund, it would be much more difficult to deal with.
HS:763

#186784 - 04/13/14 03:27 PM Re: Bowling Associations-your thoughts... [Re: Calvin Pistorio]
Edy13 Offline
Bantam

A/S/L: 40+/M/Ohio
Originally Posted By: Calvin Pistorio
This really depends on what your intentions are for bowling.

I'm probably going to check out the leagues after I feel comfortable with it all. So, I guess I will be joining eventually.
Thanks for the information...

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Richie V. - 10/18/18 04:06 PM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.