BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185955 - 03/17/14 01:38 PM A great video showing hand positions at release
saabbowler Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 30/Male/St. Louis, MO

Edited by Community Manager (03/17/14 02:50 PM)

The Arsenal:

Ball 1: 14# Brunswick Vapor Zone (Medium Oil)
Ball 2: 14# Track 714C (Heavy Oil/Long Oil)
Ball 3: 14# Brunswick Avalanche Slide (Dry)
Ball 4: 14# Columbia White Dot (Spare)

HGS: 258
HSS: 695

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#185958 - 03/17/14 03:26 PM Re: A great video showing hand positions at release [Re: saabbowler]
SteveH Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
I can't duplicate those releases without the ball !

No wonder I suck LOL

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Roto Grip All Out Show Off
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#185978 - 03/18/14 05:33 AM Re: A great video showing hand positions at release [Re: saabbowler]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
I noticed many of these bowlers have their pinkie finger folded at the release. If anyone used this, can you tell what the ball reaction difference is with or without it?
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#185980 - 03/18/14 07:04 AM Re: A great video showing hand positions at release [Re: saabbowler]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I always thought it was the little push you gave with the pinkie but I don't see them doing that. I tried it for a practice and my hand hurt like crazy. Stopped that immediately. When I tried it, I saw no difference.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#185983 - 03/18/14 09:08 AM Re: A great video showing hand positions at release [Re: saabbowler]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

Smooth, seems that it would stretch the hand a little and put more pressure on the fingers. But, I'd bet it hurts. Think I will try it for a couple of rolls in practice.

But, that's my broken finger from years ago, and it has trouble bending at the second knuckle. Once it is bent, it stays there. I have to push it back into place.

#185994 - 03/18/14 02:18 PM Re: A great video showing hand positions at release [Re: Dennis Michael]
greggas Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: m/columbus, ohio
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
I noticed many of these bowlers have their pinkie finger folded at the release. If anyone used this, can you tell what the ball reaction difference is with or without it?

I didn't know I tucked my pinkie until I saw a close-up of my release. I don't know if it has a function, or if it's just something some bowlers do. I don't even know if I do it all the time.

USBC# 1840-6702

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLwkXynB73M4IevAEa6TchkZSAeBr50Hs

"2 wrongs don't make a right,...... but 3 lefts do"

#185999 - 03/18/14 04:01 PM Re: A great video showing hand positions at release [Re: saabbowler]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

I tried it this morning in practice. It felt really uncomfortable for me. No pain, just seemed out of place.

I didn't see any difference in ball reaction either.

#186018 - 03/19/14 12:44 AM Re: A great video showing hand positions at release [Re: saabbowler]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
For our next trick let's try curling the little finger under and spread our index finger wide. To curl your little finger just bend it at the first joint so the ball will be next to the finger nail. This can be a little painful the first few times you try it. But most people don't have a problem with it after a while. Now when you roll your next ball it will tend to go longer
down the lane but come back strongly on the back end. Some people have a hard time with this one with pain in the hand or fingers. If that happens to you then don't keep doing it.

http://www.bowl4fun.com/ron/tip11.htm

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by SteveH - Today at 11:06 AM
Leading with the ring finger...
by djp1080 - 09/12/19 12:24 AM
USBC Rule 12
by Dennis Michael - 09/10/19 07:26 AM
USBC General Playing Rule 18 Change
by Mkirchie - 09/03/19 03:33 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.