BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185705 - 03/07/14 04:24 PM Re: PBA League - Season 2 - what do you think of it? [Re: BIGHMW]
Doogie Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 37/M/Lincoln, NE
I personally am not a fan of the baker competition for the PBA teams. How many leagues actually bowl baker format?

To me it would be nice to see the two 5 person teams roll a 3 game set just like most league members do.
Storm: Supernatural

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#185707 - 03/07/14 04:47 PM Re: PBA League - Season 2 - what do you think of it? [Re: Doogie]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Quote:
To me it would be nice to see the two 5 person teams roll a 3 game set just like most league members do.

+1. We were talking about that in league the other night.
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#185710 - 03/07/14 06:20 PM Re: PBA League - Season 2 - what do you think of it? [Re: VFF57]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 63/M /Georgia
Originally Posted By: VFF57
Quote:

+1. We were talking about that in league the other night.

My preference also and use the Peterson Point system.

#185713 - 03/07/14 09:08 PM Re: PBA League - Season 2 - what do you think of it? [Re: BOSStull]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Quote:
use the Peterson Point system.

Yep that's it.
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#185718 - 03/08/14 04:13 AM Re: PBA League - Season 2 - what do you think of it? [Re: BIGHMW]
steveA Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 58/male uk
Interesting line of thought getting the bowling on the History channel, go for it, all those other programmes mentioned I get to see in the UK. Bowling on the TV, comes up occasionally but also gets dropped just as fast, ESPN shows football (soccer)over here and I'd love to match some tenpin action.
Hear bowling has been picked up by Australian TV views in a big way, maybe they've got the answer, Belmo might even be aware of it.

#185720 - 03/08/14 06:10 AM Re: PBA League - Season 2 - what do you think of it? [Re: BIGHMW]
Joe Bowler Offline

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
5 bowlers x 3 games baker-style is still only 3 games. 5 bowlers x 3 full games would be 15 games. That would require a lot of air time and might be beyond the limit of today's viewer's attention span.

It would be a big win to get bowling onto the History (or another) channel. Perhaps a segment, the Science of Bowling, on the Discovery channel? Short term, I think the PBA would be wise to focus on internet only, build its base, and go back to TV only if/when it's profitable for the PBA.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#185722 - 03/08/14 06:42 AM Re: PBA League - Season 2 - what do you think of it? [Re: BIGHMW]
BOSStull Offline

A/S/L: 63/M /Georgia
Even the Baker Style 5X3 would be better than what they have now.

But I would prefer the 5X3full games.The Peterson Point System would create 5 single matchups along with the team event.

A real PBA fan will watch 15 games. A channel surfer is not going to stay there long anyway. Attracting new viewers? Good luck on that!

#185727 - 03/08/14 01:05 PM Re: PBA League - Season 2 - what do you think of it? [Re: steveA]
SteveH Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
You made me think Infomercial, in a good way.

Some targeted ads with Internet follow-up. Makes me think of Storm. I've watched, and fallen asleep, during Norm Duke's presentations. I don;t relate well to lectures, I need to see it. In that vein, ball makers need to sell stuff, lane centers need bowlers, the PBA needs viewers.

Integrate this with PBA professionals, seed the need.

Originally Posted By: steveA
Interesting line of thought getting the bowling on the History channel, go for it, all those other programmes mentioned I get to see in the UK. Bowling on the TV, comes up occasionally but also gets dropped just as fast, ESPN shows football (soccer)over here and I'd love to match some tenpin action.
Hear bowling has been picked up by Australian TV views in a big way, maybe they've got the answer, Belmo might even be aware of it.

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Roto Grip All Out Show Off
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#185729 - 03/08/14 03:15 PM Re: PBA League - Season 2 - what do you think of it? [Re: Joe Bowler]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Originally Posted By: Joe Bowler
5 bowlers x 3 games baker-style is still only 3 games. 5 bowlers x 3 full games would be 15 games. That would require a lot of air time and might be beyond the limit of today's viewer's attention span.
It would be a big win to get bowling onto the History (or another) channel. Perhaps a segment, the Science of Bowling, on the Discovery channel? Short term, I think the PBA would be wise to focus on internet only, build its base, and go back to TV only if/when it's profitable for the PBA.

They don't have to use just a pair, could have matches going on 10 lanes and the camera follows the good games or exciting events, like golf.

I like the history channel/documentary style idea, not sure how they keep it fresh, but if done right I could see it working. They can do a pretty good job of making labor jobs interesting.

#185731 - 03/08/14 04:07 PM Re: PBA League - Season 2 - what do you think of it? [Re: B-Hammer]
Joe Bowler Offline

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Originally Posted By: B-Hammer
They don't have to use just a pair, could have matches going on 10 lanes and the camera follows the good games or exciting events, like golf.

That could work. But, it would require a larger, more coordinated camera crew. Remember, profitability is currently an issue. Plus, I think the view from a distance would not have the same team feel. I think for the PBA LEAGUE, below is more of the atmosphere to be shooting for, to get viewers thinking how great it would be to be part of a TEAM like that. That's the human element, the connection. It's what makes the PBA league different from other PBA individual competition.

Of course, to get the pros off their benches and on their feet to cheer every teammate's shot like that, and the general viewing puble to take league bowling seriously as a sport, it might require more than a trophy and bragging rights.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.