BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184584 - 01/26/14 08:22 AM Add Bowling Revs By Adding Lag
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
From bowlingball . com
Add Bowling Revs By Adding Lag

If you are a player with less revs than most “Power” players, but more than “Stroker” type players and you want to add revs to your game, then add swing lag.

Just as we hear about the golf swing, instructors recommend adding lag in the downswing to increase distance. The key is in the retaining of wrist lag so the unhinging of the wrists just prior to impact with the golf ball will add distance.

In bowling, we can add power (more revs) by adding lag in the forward swing.

Adding lag in the forward swing requires a couple of arm and hand action moves so you get into position to uncoil your wrist as your thumb exits the bowling ball producing an increase in your rev-rate.

The first point to focus is the beginning of the downswing. The 1st 12 inches of the downswing should begin by allowing gravity to smoothly let the ball drop into the downswing from the top of your backswing without using arm or hand force.

The next move is to pull your bowling ball forward toward your shoulder, which will cause your bowling elbow to break slightly, while your bowling hand scoops under the bottom of the ball. This happens while swinging the ball in a forward motion into release zone at the bottom of your forward swing cycle.

Scooping the bowling ball gets your hand under the ball. The elbow bends slightly to accommodate your wrist scooping under the ball.

Your wrist will then be fully loaded to uncoil at the moment your thumb exits the ball. As your wrist uncoils, your fingers apply a snapping action, as you continue to follow through. The result is increased ball revolutions and increased overall power.

Two handed bowlers use this technique to the maximum extent and thereby gain maximum revs.

Adding lag in the bowling swing means to scoop your ball by cupping your wrist on the downswing and allowing your elbow to bend so your hand can get under the bowling ball.

When you release the lag, your wrist unhinges quickly as your thumb leaves the ball. So you can apply decisive finger action on the ball which is what creates increased revs.

Caution must be taken to practice this difficult maneuver. It is advised to learn to add bowling lag while using the services of an experienced bowling instructor to prevent injury and to learn a proper technique.

Becoming a power player is not for everyone. There are as many, or more, successful players today using fewer revs than do power players. The modern bowling ball technology allows players using adequate revs to be formidable in competition.

If you want to add revs to your game, add some bowling lag.
High series 810
Current ave. 213

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#184597 - 01/26/14 03:17 PM Re: Add Bowling Revs By Adding Lag [Re: spr3wr]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL
ive added lag a different way. I also use this technique when my game is off or im having timing issues. I wait an extra step before starting my swing. the out-of-phase timing causes my 4th step out of 5 to hesitate slightly before I start - or can start my slide.

the ball counters my weight and acts like a slingshot effect increasing my armswing speed and ball revs. its not for everyone but has gotten me out of aome jams where I felt my day needed something to change.

to me it feels like you feel in a one step drill, only you are using a full aporoach. in fact it was the only way I found to get that same one-step feel in a full approach.

if you try it let me know what you think.

rr
Tilt: 15, Ax Rot: 65, PAP: 5+/- over, 0 down; Speed: 15-18.5 avg
Angl:
NVS-15#
Cherry Bomb-15#
Arch:
Quantum Violet-16#
Spare:
MH Rubber
Multiple wins/Top 10 Finishes-Scr&Hdcp tournaments.

#187905 - 07/26/14 07:57 AM Re: Add Bowling Revs By Adding Lag [Re: spr3wr]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 58/M /Georgia
Originally Posted By: spr3wr
From bowlingball . com

If you are a player with less revs than most “Power” players, but more than “Stroker” type players and you want to add revs to your game, then add swing lag.

spr3wr , do you have any PICS or videos on adding lag?

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Lane transition and changing balls
by spr3wr - Today at 04:39 PM
Please comment/critique my game!
by spr3wr - Today at 03:14 PM
Brunswick sold
by mmalsed - Today at 11:34 AM
No interest in PBA Experience Leagues
by Dennis Michael - Today at 10:06 AM
Summer Leagues 2014 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 10:34 PM
Sign-up for Fall '14 V-league open (close 8/17)
by Richie V. - 07/29/14 02:30 PM
Tournaments 2013-2014
by Joe Bowler - 07/28/14 11:54 PM
The Sinister Unfolds
by SteveH - 07/26/14 12:58 PM
2013-2014 Honor Scores
by BOSStull - 07/26/14 08:46 AM
by BOSStull - 07/26/14 07:57 AM
Very Strange Ball Track Problem
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/14 02:05 PM
Resurfacing the Storm Byte
by djp1080 - 07/23/14 11:55 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.