BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184134 - 01/14/14 07:59 PM Re: Japan Cup [Re: Fin09]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 63/M /Georgia
I was wondering what kind of ball that was.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#184266 - 01/18/14 03:47 PM Re: Japan Cup [Re: wronghander]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Originally Posted By: svengali
PBA goes up against NFL Football because that's the time slot that ESPN will give. To Fin's point though I think it would be a good idea for the PBA to start looking at televising more of the international events and perhaps even look into holding the WSOB overseas if that's going to bring in more sponsorship money. I believe at least some of the US based PBA players do travel to other foreign events such as the Brunswick Euro Challenge.

I think it's about time the PBA look into other network options and get one that will put them at a more decent spot where they can grab more viewers, something like a more favorable time slot on either NBCSN or even FOX Sports 1. NBC HAS done the PBA before, back in the 80s/90s they hosted the PBA Fall Tour and I think that either NBCUniversal or NewsCorp would put it at a better (and perhaps more-profiting for sponsors) timeslot for viewers who are sick and tired of having to compromise their PBA fandom in favor of "The Big Game" every Sunday.

Hey, it's either that or suggest that Kelly Kulick pose for Playboy or Penthouse, or maybe have the same thing that Cindy Margolis did in her glory days in the 90s (perhaps a kellykulick.com), or put out a certain type of videotape like Tonya Harding did, or Chris Barnes could maybe get arrested for DUI, or suggest to Sean Rash that he should pull a Tiger Woods and cheat on his wife.

Anything to draw attention to our great sport even if it means doing the lowest of the low at a personal level is probably the only option that the PBA has, it's either that, or for the PBA to cease operations altogether.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#184269 - 01/18/14 05:46 PM Re: Japan Cup [Re: Fin09]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
Subscribe to Xtra frame- the more of us who do, the better chance the tour has of surviving. They've explored every network there is- it's not like Fox executives are just sitting by the phone waiting to offer the PBA some nine figure deal to show the tour.

Bowl up a Storm!

#184277 - 01/18/14 10:47 PM Re: Japan Cup [Re: Fin09]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
The PBA might do better to just publish directly on YouTube with advertising turned on. At least then they can see how many hits each show receives, and earn a few dollars from the advertising.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#184279 - 01/18/14 11:04 PM Re: Japan Cup [Re: Fin09]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
Originally Posted By: Fin09
Subscribe to Xtra frame- the more of us who do, the better chance the tour has of surviving. They've explored every network there is- it's not like Fox executives are just sitting by the phone waiting to offer the PBA some nine figure deal to show the tour.

I would if I didn't have to pay an exorbitant sum every month just to watch the guys (and gals) on Tour, not when I can simply wait until it gets uploaded onto YouTube instead. Hey, the PBA CAN do more in order to generate fan interest, their partnership with High 5 Gear and them offering those awesome Replica PBA player jerseys and PBA League team jerseys so we can show our pride in being bowlers/bowling fans by wearing either Pete Weber, Belmo or Mike Fagan's name (I picked 3 Storm Staffers on purpose and I am a Storm kinda guy smile ) or maybe represent the NYC WTT Kingpins, Dallas Strikers, or even the Silver Lake Atom Splitters (I am a Chris Hardwick fan and have watched his All-Star Celebrity Bowling events on his official YouTube site ("Nerdist") ) on our backs and bringing awareness of our favorite players on Tour as well as that of the Tour as well is a big part of it.

Another idea would be to explore some halfway decent sponsors like they now have with Barbasol and now with HotelPlanner.com, and not be content with those annoying "As Seen On TV" ads I have seen the PBA resort itself to for the past couple of years. After all I don't want to tune onto the PBA Tag Away Classic, the PBA WaxVac Open or the USBC Masters presented by Ye Olde Brooklyn Lantern. We want real, non-bowling-related sponsors thank you, like they had just 5-6 short years ago, Ace Hardware, Discover Card, Denny's, Golden Corral, Uniroyal, Pepsi, Budweiser and Motel 6 just to name a few of them, but because of the incompetence of both ESPN (by sticking us against the NFL every Sunday) and the PBA itself, it's totally their own faults. I hardly even watch the Tour anymore because we already know who won, plus, nobody's watching anyways, mostly due to the fact that none of the events are LIVE anymore, they're taped weeks in advance and with plenty of spoilers on bowling-related sites other then this one.

There is a whole lotta work they have to do, to regain the viewers they lost (including myself) over the past 10 years.

Hey kids, remember when the PBA guaranteed at minimum of $40,000 to the winner of a standard event, and at least $100,000 to the champion in each of the 4 majors? Now they don't even mention anything about the prize money, let alone the amount the winner's check is, it's almost too embarrassing to mention, but the PBA has nobody to blame but themselves, remember when they even expected us to market the TOC on its return to ABC for them just a few years back rather then buy commercial airtime on primetime ABC shows to do it instead? Guess what that did, absolutely nothing, plain and simple, nothing. The telecast bombed with embarrassing Nielsen ratings results and I am not referring to the 299-100 drubbing that Major Mika put on (now PBA Champion) Tom Daugherty in the semi-final match of that show.
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#184308 - 01/19/14 08:10 PM Re: Japan Cup [Re: Fin09]
Vic44 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/ Male/ Colorado Springs CO
Option. Start the televised season in early December after college football is done. Play Saturdays then... Only start playing Sundays after the Super Bowl. Seems simple.. good for what was mentioned before. Do NOT compete against the NFL for any sort of ratings.

Career HG: 300 (3)
Career HS: 772
Career High Avg(09-10) 217.
15-16 Avg: 189

Last year? Not pretty. No high scores worth posting from 15-16. But good times ahead. smile

#184310 - 01/19/14 08:13 PM Re: Japan Cup [Re: Fin09]
Vic44 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 51/ Male/ Colorado Springs CO
Andd... Go Niners. smile (Yikes, one half to go)

Career HG: 300 (3)
Career HS: 772
Career High Avg(09-10) 217.
15-16 Avg: 189

Last year? Not pretty. No high scores worth posting from 15-16. But good times ahead. smile

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.