BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184286 - 01/19/14 09:33 AM Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Here is my review of the IQ Tour Fusion all, hope you enjoy!

IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#184289 - 01/19/14 10:49 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Nice. Tempting to just get one of these and lay it out the same as my IQTP. I keep the IQTP at 500 Siaair, 800 scotchbrite (light gray pad), 1500 polish (high shine)... I could probably get the extra traction I'm looking for on the fresh by keeping some surface on the Fusion.. Say, 500/2000 or 1000/4000.

I do find it surprising how close this ball is to the Marvel Pearl, kinda calls into question "what I thought I knew" about the Storm/Roto coverstocks.

My oiler is a Defiant Soul with a strong, modified double thumb layout, which I tend to keep at 500/2500neat. Whether I get this or the Asylum, it would tend to be the next step down from that ball. Right now I'm using a Berserk at 500/1500neat and it's "ok" in that slot. THS lineup would tend to look like Defiant Soul, Asylum/Fusion, IQTP (or Roto Shout if I thought the house might get quite dry), plastic. What do you think?

PS GREAT video, as always!

Edited by RickSchott (01/19/14 10:51 AM)

#184295 - 01/19/14 01:13 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
+1 for the video, Sk8. I was a bit surprised the difference between the IQ Tour Fusion and IQ Tour Pearl is more than expected. Would you say the IQ Tour Fusion is closer in reaction to the IQ Tour Edition (solid)?

Attachments
IQ Tour Comparison.jpg

House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#184309 - 01/19/14 08:12 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

First, thank you both for the kind words!

As for Rick and your arsenal question, I think either would fill the roll you are wanting it just depends on whether you would like to see a more arc type reaction or a little more length and "pop" down lane.

Joe, I think it definitely fits in between the two rather well, the Tour Pearl was just re-finished so it might need a game or two in order to cut into that polished cover to get it reacting a little stronger (more like brand new) or it could also be that the ball has a lot of games on it and is not performing as well as it did right out of the gate. I don't feel its lost any performance so I doubt thats the case, I just wanted to throw that out there to let you know because it has been used a lot.

I think if you gave me another game or so with the Tour Pearl I would have probably been another 2-1 left with it because the cover would have had a little less fresh polish on it. I would guess it will typically be a 4-2 move in from the pearl to the Fusion and probably another 2-1 or so from the Fusion to the IQ Tour.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#184329 - 01/20/14 08:46 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
Joe, I think it definitely fits in between the two rather well, the Tour Pearl was just re-finished so it might need a game or two in order to cut into that polished cover to get it reacting a little stronger (more like brand new) or it could also be that the ball has a lot of games on it and is not performing as well as it did right out of the gate. I don't feel its lost any performance so I doubt thats the case, I just wanted to throw that out there to let you know because it has been used a lot.

I think if you gave me another game or so with the Tour Pearl I would have probably been another 2-1 left with it because the cover would have had a little less fresh polish on it. I would guess it will typically be a 4-2 move in from the pearl to the Fusion and probably another 2-1 or so from the Fusion to the IQ Tour.

Thanks Sk8, that helps clarify. I am thinking the IQ Tour Fusion will be a good, eventual replacement for my IQ Tour Edition (solid). Once the lanes open up, it should have a little more length and kick on the backend than the solid.

Btw, I probably use the solid as much as I see others using the pearl, and it is holding up very well. It just had its first major resurface, and it looks like new. I hope Storm continues the full IQ Tour line. I just might find a place in my arsenal for the pearl, too.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#184370 - 01/21/14 12:36 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

For me the Fusion is definitely rolling really well on a lot of conditions. Between the two layouts I can get through fresh and a second shift league without moving too drastically inside so they have been a great one two punch as the night progresses.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#184437 - 01/22/14 11:08 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
I really like the way the IQ Tour Pearl and the Fusion look but I can't get away from what I have. All of the stuff I have in my bag works. I have steps up and down where I need them. One of these days, I am going to have to replace my Hy-Road. When I do, if this is still around, this is something that will be on my short list.

#184441 - 01/22/14 11:37 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: General Pounder]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: General Pounder
I really like the way the IQ Tour Pearl and the Fusion look but I can't get away from what I have. All of the stuff I have in my bag works. I have steps up and down where I need them. One of these days, I am going to have to replace my Hy-Road. When I do, if this is still around, this is something that will be on my short list.

Just buy another bag wink lol...
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#184477 - 01/23/14 11:25 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Nice Sk8. I'm a big guy and can carry around my (2) 3 ball bags but adding another bag would be problematic. For me, I like having steps up and down in my equipment but not having too many choices. One of the guys on my team has a contract with Storm. Very good bowler but I think that a lot of times, he bowls with what is new instead of what works on the condition. We all do it. He also has a lot more choices which can cause the confusion.

#184478 - 01/23/14 11:35 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

I have (4) 3 ball bags that I carry in to league nights (takes two trips) and yes I agree it does make it much more difficult to decipher when making ball changes but at times I am glad I have those "in between" choices.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by champ - 02/25/20 02:22 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - 02/24/20 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.