BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185959 - 03/17/14 04:40 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
champ Online   content
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 32/M/AZ
The Fusions have taken over my PBAX league, and were rolling pretty well at Nationals as well. They're a great ball on the tougher stuff. I haven't seen too many pop up in my leagues yet, and I'm somewhat surprised by that.

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#185960 - 03/17/14 05:03 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: rrb6699 (RayRay)]
TheBigCat Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 63/M/Huntington Woods, MI.
Originally Posted By: rrb6699 (RayRay)
so, i'm getting a HyRoad, but maybe i should also get an IQ Tour Fusion to compliment that ball as well.

RR

that wouldn't be bad, but here's another idea.
i've had every ball in this thread, and a lot depends on how many balls you have, what they are, and how much different you want them to be from each other.
since the Fusion came out, i've been 'tearin' 'em up with the combo of IQ solid, and IQ Fusion. the solid starts up earlier, so has a milder back-end than the Fusion. i start with the solid, and when the heads dry up, and the solid starts to 'burn up' (roll out...weak 10) i go to the longer, later breaking Fusion and hardly have to move or change targets at all.
they're all good, you can't go wrong with any of them...but you need a plan...exactly what you need your stuff to do, and when...otherwise you wind up with a $1,000 arsenal that doesn't really make strategic sense.

Rave
Dare Devil
Fanatic
Edge solid
Code Black
Fanatic SS
Scandal Pearl
Grudge
Mix (spare ball)

#185961 - 03/17/14 05:15 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: rrb6699 (RayRay)]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Originally Posted By: rrb6699 (RayRay)
so, i'm getting a HyRoad, but maybe i should also get an IQ Tour Fusion to compliment that ball as well.

RR

These days for the heavy-volume THS I bowl on, I bring a plastic ball, a gold ball, a Tour Edition and a Defiant Soul in case of flood. One day they will be bone-dry and I will wish I had something with more separation from the Tour Edition but it hasn't happened at this house yet.

#185962 - 03/17/14 05:32 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: 56bird]
TheBigCat Offline
Bracket Donor

[/quote]

These days for the heavy-volume THS I bowl on, I bring a plastic ball, a gold ball, a Tour Edition and a Defiant Soul in case of flood. One day they will be bone-dry and I will wish I had something with more separation from the Tour Edition but it hasn't happened at this house yet. [/quote]

if you're not using the Mass Eruption much, you could polish it way up, and it might get you through bone dry...even though its a pretty 'big' ball. just a thought.
if you want a great ball dedicated to 'bone-dry', the Hammer Arson Low Flare is the best i've ever seen...and i've seen them all (and have thrown most).
wink

Edited by TheBigCat (03/17/14 05:33 PM)
Edit Reason: attempt at clarity

Rave
Dare Devil
Fanatic
Edge solid
Code Black
Fanatic SS
Scandal Pearl
Grudge
Mix (spare ball)

#185966 - 03/17/14 06:28 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
SteveH Offline

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
They ought to label the balls for each house they're made for wink

SAHARA DESERT LANES = List States and Centers here.

Heavy oil tough shot = List the 12 centers left here

LOL

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Roto Grip All Out Show Off
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#185970 - 03/17/14 10:31 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: TheBigCat]
56bird Offline

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Originally Posted By: TheBigCat

if you're not using the Mass Eruption much, you could polish it way up, and it might get you through bone dry...even though its a pretty 'big' ball. just a thought.
if you want a great ball dedicated to 'bone-dry', the Hammer Arson Low Flare is the best i've ever seen...and i've seen them all (and have thrown most).
wink

Kinda veering off topic here but I have a Roto Grip Shout that I like a lot on dry lanes or anything where I need to limit motion. I just never need it at this particular house, they are not stingy with oil and I'm trying to resist balling-down every time I leave a 4-pin (or trip one). Move in and chase the oil! I've admired the Low Flare from afar though, cool ball indeed.

#186865 - 04/16/14 06:24 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
SteveH Offline

Just getting back to ball choices for my woman. Full roller, now has an IQ Tour solid. Hits the pocket consistently now, but the IQ Tour seems to lose power to the pocket on our drier lanes.

I toyed around with replacing it with a Zero Gravity, but I think the Fusion would be a better fit for her. Basically what she needs is more Snap to the pocket.

It's taken me awhile to evaluate since she can get frustrated and start hammering the ball downline straight. Hard to analyze when the speed goes from 12 to 15 LOL

I'm just wondering if the Fusion is that ball. Goes longer but more snap to the pocket. She only wants to carry one ball, so the extra versatility would be nice as well.

Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#186867 - 04/16/14 07:10 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: SteveH]
TheBigCat Offline
Bracket Donor

Originally Posted By: SteveH
Just getting back to ball choices for my woman. Full roller, now has an IQ Tour solid. Hits the pocket consistently now, but the IQ Tour seems to lose power to the pocket on our drier lanes.

I toyed around with replacing it with a Zero Gravity, but I think the Fusion would be a better fit for her. Basically what she needs is more Snap to the pocket.

It's taken me awhile to evaluate since she can get frustrated and start hammering the ball downline straight. Hard to analyze when the speed goes from 12 to 15 LOL

I'm just wondering if the Fusion is that ball. Goes longer but more snap to the pocket. She only wants to carry one ball, so the extra versatility would be nice as well.

i only bring 2 balls to league. IQ solid, and IQ Fusion.
i usually start with the solid, then when the lanes start to dry up, and the solid burns up and loses some energy at the pins, i go to the Fusion. it goes longer, and has more back-end.

Rave
Dare Devil
Fanatic
Edge solid
Code Black
Fanatic SS
Scandal Pearl
Grudge
Mix (spare ball)

#186869 - 04/16/14 07:41 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: SteveH]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Originally Posted By: SteveH

From what I have seen in league and tournaments, if ever there was a one ball only solution, it would be the IQ Tour Fusion. The R2S Hybrid coverstock is likely the most versatile and best selling coverstock ever made, and matches up well with the Centripetal Control core in the IQ Tour series.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#186872 - 04/16/14 10:16 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
SteveH Offline

I fully understand what you guys are saying. Someone else told me that because she's a full roller, that the Byte would be better. Also, bear in mind that the lanes we both bowl on have thinner oil, and Friday nights dries out quick.

I'd have thought the Fusion would match up better myself. I wish we had demos around here, would make life so much easier.

The Zero Gravity was also recommended, but I just don't think our version of Fresh Oil is worthy of that ball.

Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by champ - 02/25/20 02:22 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - 02/24/20 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.