BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#185135 - 02/14/14 05:45 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: General Pounder]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 32/M/AZ
Originally Posted By: General Pounder
I ordered my Fusion today. It is on back order so my fingers are crossed I get it within a week or so.

I don't pay that much attention to every new release, but I can say I've never heard of a new ball being on back order. Impressive!

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#185152 - 02/15/14 06:47 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
It did not take long for the IQ Tour Fusion to start popping up on the lanes, either. It's early to say, but I think this ball could match the success and longevity of the HyRoad.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#185161 - 02/15/14 09:58 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: Joe Bowler
It did not take long for the IQ Tour Fusion to start popping up on the lanes, either. It's early to say, but I think this ball could match the success and longevity of the HyRoad.

I was talking to someone last night and they mentioned they Hy-Road in the same context last night. They also said that Storm was another effort by Storm to replace the Hy-Road. While it might be, the Hy-Road is a really tough ball to live up to. I mean, it came out in Nov. of 08. That's just crazy considering how many bowling balls companies churn out now.

#185162 - 02/15/14 10:07 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: General Pounder]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Originally Posted By: General Pounder
...another effort by Storm to replace the Hy-Road. While it might be, the Hy-Road is a really tough ball to live up to. I mean, it came out in Nov. of 08. That's just crazy considering how many bowling balls companies churn out now.

I think for now they have embraced the idea that they can't really improve on the Hyroad in that slot. The Reign Supreme and Crossroad were both supposed to replace it, those balls are discontinued even if the Reign Supreme has been reincarnated in the Reign On.

Despite the same-name coverstock, I think the Hyroad and IQ Fusion are very different in performance characteristics and definitely different in price point, hopefully Storm realizes there is room for both in the product line.

#185169 - 02/15/14 01:17 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
They're definitely hard to find- I will probably wait a little before ordering one, as just about all my bases are covered at the moment. I really like the low to mid differential of some of their newer stuff- the IQ tours, the Byte, and the Zero Gravity to name a few. They're more controllable on flatter patterns, and more versatile on house shots. I'm not sure anything can match the run of the HyRoad, but look for these to hang around awhile.

Bowl up a Storm!

#185207 - 02/16/14 12:28 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: Fin09]
56bird Offline

When the first IQ Tour Edition was announced, I read the spec sheet and was unimpressed. Now I finally have one and yeah, I love it.

Honestly the whole series has me baffled. With the lower diff, you'd think the ball would have a weaker reaction but it just doesn't work that way.

I do wonder how similar the R2S versions (solid, hybrid, and pearl) are to that used in previous releases... is the R2S Pearl in the IQTP the same as that used in the original Reign? Is the R2S solid in the Tour Edition the same as that used in the Reign of Fire? I can tell with my eyes that the Fusion uses a different blend than the Hyroad, the Fusion appears to be just that, some of the R2S solid from the Tour Edition and some of the pearl from the IQTP, and it's not very blended at all. To my eyes the Hyroad is a lot more blended, it could almost just be a pearl ball just with less pearl in it.

Overthinking it won't change anything, in the end it is a ball series that just plain works, and imo it does justify the Master line price point even if it's using Thunder line coverstocks.

#185208 - 02/16/14 12:48 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
The R2S has evolved over the years- the HyRoad Pearl is a lot more aggressive than my old T-Road Pearl, which when compared side by side on paper, are identical. The Fusion is a different ratio of Pearl/solid material than the HyRoad, so the reaction reflects that.

Bowl up a Storm!

#185210 - 02/16/14 01:46 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: Fin09]
56bird Offline

Originally Posted By: Fin09
The R2S has evolved over the years- the HyRoad Pearl is a lot more aggressive than my old T-Road Pearl, which when compared side by side on paper, are identical. The Fusion is a different ratio of Pearl/solid material than the HyRoad, so the reaction reflects that.

Well, there ya go. I think it's also instructive that Storm had the Fringe in the hot line (basically a Frantic with an R2S pearl cover) which they replaced with the Freak'n which is the same thing. On the surface it screamed "marketing re-release" but I do believe it has a different pearl additive mixture that they came up with during testing. Kinda cool.

#185937 - 03/16/14 09:10 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
alanrayman Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 48/M/Long Island
I simply love this ball. Bought it to replace my Hyroad that I got everything I could out of.

Ball gets through the heads clean, seems to store a lot of energy and really makes a strong move into the pocket.

Used it for two weeks in league and have averaged 245. My current average is 218.

Didn't think I could replace the Hyroad, but I did.

#185941 - 03/17/14 12:06 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL
so, i'm getting a HyRoad, but maybe i should also get an IQ Tour Fusion to compliment that ball as well.

RR
Tilt: 15, AoR- 65, PAP: 4 3/4ovr, 3/4up,
Sp:15.5 avg
Alpha Crux-15#
Guru Mastr-15#
Sinister-15#
Grenade-16#
Quantum Violet-16#
Wht Dot-16#
MoRich Frenzy-15#
Multi wins/Top 5 Finshes-Scr&Hcp events

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by champ - 02/25/20 02:22 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - 02/24/20 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.