BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#184649 - 01/27/14 10:28 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: rrb6699 (RayRay)]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Originally Posted By: rrb6699 (RayRay)
sorry couldn't edit my last post. i was wondering if the Defiant Soul is stronger than the Hypercell also.

RR

IMO (and Roto Grip and I seem to differ on this), the Hypercell is "stronger". I think the Microbite solid is overall more aggressive than the Microbite hybrid, diff and int diff are in the ballpark. The fellas over at bowlingballdotcom seem to be on my side with this, given the significantly higher "perfect scale" rating the Hyper Cell gets.

Some might argue that a lower RG ball like the Soul might "like" to start up earlier and thus have the potential to cover more boards overall, but if you're looking for long and strong, you shouldn't care about this even if you think it is true...

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#184660 - 01/28/14 07:40 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01

Ray Ray,

I don't actually have a Hyper Cell in my bag because I am not able to throw Roto-Grip equipment in competition. The Hyper Cell is quite versatile and aggressive but I think because it has such a strong cover its going to struggle to some degree on lighter volume patterns unless you change the surface on the ball. I do not think the IQ Tour Fusion will have that problem as you move up in volume, or drop in volume, its just a great benchmark ball all around.

If I had to go to league with only one bowling ball, right now, it would be my Fusion. I can't promise it will always be that way but for now its the perfect benchmark ball for me.

Thanks Sk8. I understand the Rep thing. I asked because i knew you tested the ball and i dont know a lot of people who threw a Hypercell yet. On the IQTF, i like that ball too and may make it a benchmark. are you still using the higher drilling angles and lower VAL or Equiv Storm layout or more balanced.

what is your ball speed also?

RR
Tilt: 15, AoR- 65, PAP: 4 3/4ovr, 3/4up,
Sp:15.5 avg
Alpha Crux-15#
Guru Mastr-15#
Sinister-15#
Grenade-16#
Quantum Violet-16#
Wht Dot-16#
MoRich Frenzy-15#
Multi wins/Top 5 Finshes-Scr&Hcp events

#184668 - 01/28/14 10:29 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
I have two Fusions and I have them laid out as follows:

75x4.75x40 (this is longer and more angular)
65x2.5x30 (this is a low Rg Layout, early move and continuous)

My ball speed off my hand is about 17.5, on the monitors it reads 15.2 or there about.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#184684 - 01/28/14 09:44 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL
Ok, we're not far off. i've been at about 15 on the monitors. I've been thinking about using 16# on these balls. Reason being is the extra weight does compensate for my speed range, plus, i can throw it harder and hardly notice the weight for speed changes. I tend to get too much movement with my wrist making it harder for me with light balls to be consistent.

I have thought though i could go way up in speed if i went to a 14lb ball with an aggressive core and cover. i would still get deflection and could probably throw it 18+ easily. i was thinking there may be times when a lighter ball would work when you need the speed instead of roll to move the pins better.

thoughts?

RR

#184696 - 01/29/14 08:40 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: rrb6699 (RayRay)]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: rrb6699 (RayRay)
I have thought though i could go way up in speed if i went to a 14lb ball with an aggressive core and cover. i would still get deflection and could probably throw it 18+ easily. i was thinking there may be times when a lighter ball would work when you need the speed instead of roll to move the pins better.
thoughts?
RR

The weight of the ball shouldn't be changing your speeds because the speed comes from your legs and approach, not from your arm and you swing. If your creating speed with your arm you are doing it with muscle in your swing, everything should happen by how high you start with the ball and how quickly you walk to the line.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#184703 - 01/29/14 12:56 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Saw this ball in action last night. Smooth through the heads, strong backend reaction, great finish through the pindeck. If I was looking for a step-up from my Hy-Road, I would definitely get one.

#184756 - 01/31/14 08:17 AM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Only four days until the official release of one of the best bowling balls you will ever throw!

Plus it happens to smell pretty awesome too lol.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#184769 - 01/31/14 01:45 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
General Pounder Offline

I'm curious on what you think of the Zero Gravity.

#184844 - 02/02/14 10:09 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: General Pounder]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: General Pounder
I'm curious on what you think of the Zero Gravity.

For me, it is the closest thing I have thrown to the original Virtual Gravity (I really like it).

I think a lot of people are going to enjoy throwing both of these two after they hit the public release date.

I am editing the Zero Gravity review now so hoping to have it out before the weekend of the eighth (02/08).
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#185132 - 02/14/14 03:53 PM Re: Storm IQ Tour Fusion Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
General Pounder Offline

I ordered my Fusion today. It is on back order so my fingers are crossed I get it within a week or so.

Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by champ - 02/25/20 02:22 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - 02/24/20 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Plugging balance holes
by Dennis Michael - 01/29/20 01:20 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.