BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#18383 - 09/27/04 01:58 PM getting there....on time
dbtweety Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 46/M/MN
had a horrendous night last night. bowled a life hight 541 series in practice on saturday incl a 207. last night however i couldn't get my ball to come across the 2nd arrow. i throw a mostly straight ball and had been starting 5 boards to the right center and bringing it on over the 2nd arrown. last night however my timing was such that the further i moved to the right the further the ball went to the right. i made an adjustment in the 26 frame where instead of handing the ball forward i just kind of gave it a little push and let it fall. my last four frames i came right into the pocket with a ton of revs and power. i'm not sure if this got the ball there quicker or slower? any of you pros know if this happens again how to correct it...hopefully a little sooner than 26 frames....

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#18384 - 09/28/04 04:29 AM Re: getting there....on time
Coach04 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: Male/Texas
Without actually seeing you bowl it is difficult to say what the exact cause is. It could be timing, it could be drift, it could be balance, it could be shoulder placement, etc. etc.

Basically for timing you just have to keep your mind inside the ball. Let the ball dictate the approach, and let the feet do what ever it takes to keep up.

The place where we put our focus, will dictate everything else. If we put our focus on the target, then the swing, the feet, everything else suffers, because the target doesn't care when we get there, or how. If we focus on the motion of the ball, everything else will follow the ball's motion, then just a split second before delivery shift focus to the target.

Watching the ball go all the way down the lane till it falls off the pindeck is critical. That ball is shouting information about what it is reading off the lane. We have to be prepared to receive the information and process it. It also tells us plenty from the time it contacts the first pin, until it falls off the back. That path through the pins and the deflection off the pins, are the encyclopedia of bowling.

It is common to bowl great games when your practicing. Nothing is at stake, no one is counting on you, there is no stress or tention in the muscles. But until you can replicate that feeling in league play, the scores will always be lower in league.

If you ever need to check your timing during play, just check where your sliding foot is, when the ball reaches the top of the backswing. At the moment the ball stops going up and seems to "float weightless" for a split second, you should be going into the slide. If your on time there, nothing else matters as far as timing goes. This is the proper leveraged position for delivery.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.