BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#183663 - 12/30/13 07:21 PM Storm Reign On Video Ball Review
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Storm Reign On
50x3.5x60

The Reign On is definitely another winner from Storm Products in the Thunder Line. Being one of the most successful lines in Storm Product history, anything coming out within it is sure to be great for a wide variety of bowlers and the Reign On definitely didn't disappoint. The Reign of Power was one of the better balls I have owned recently and I couldn't wait to get my hands on the Hybrid version. The fact that they wrapped the extremely successful R2S Hybrid Coverstock (made famous by the Hyroad) to the already great C.A.M. Core made me even more excited as I was laying this one out!

My intent of the layout was to get the ball to read the mid lanes well and keep the ball from snapping down lane on shorter patterns. I expected the ball to be a little longer and have slightly more angle than its solid counterpart but this thing surprised me with just how well it could retain energy. I was able to play multiple angles and zones on the lane without giving up entry angle or hitting power. This thing started to move in the mid lane and just continued all the way through the pins everywhere. I have been able to use the Reign On in multiple conditions including some longer patterns (Scorpion) as well as the shorter patterns (Wolf) without issue.

The best part about this ball is that it is very easy to read as it transitions from skid through hook and into roll. The color pattern is contrasting enough to see the movement well but the cover/core combination just makes this ball behave for the bowler. Its controllable without sacrificing power or entry angle and that is something I always look for when building a benchmark ball for my arsenal.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#183671 - 12/31/13 09:06 AM Re: Storm Reign On Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Another quality video, Sk8.

I've really enjoyed a couple previous releases that were very similar to the Reign On, I have my personal best series on a sport shot with the Roto Grip Berserk and just last night I switched to my Reign Supreme for the 4th game and shot 266... two BAD shots in a row for 8/ each and all others 10 in the pit.

I can also add from my experience with the Reign Supreme, for those interested in a MOtion Hole ball, the Reign On (with proper specs) should be an excellent candidate.

#183673 - 12/31/13 09:35 AM Re: Storm Reign On Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Thanks for the kind words Rick, appreciate it!

This review took a little longer to get out than I would have liked but the Hyper Cell and Byte videos had to take precedence (more popular with bowlers).

Definitely can't wait until I get my hands on the IQ Tour Fusion and the Zero Gravity, only a few more days!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#183682 - 12/31/13 01:09 PM Re: Storm Reign On Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
SteveH Offline

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
I've seen so many ball videos, but none offer the excellent commentary and explanations that your do. Very much appreciated.

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Roto Grip All Out Show Off
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#183701 - 12/31/13 07:06 PM Re: Storm Reign On Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 63/M /Georgia
Nice video again SK8. Really interested in the Reign On. It very well may be my next purchase. I liked the ball comparisons in the video.

#183705 - 12/31/13 09:04 PM Re: Storm Reign On Video Ball Review [Re: BOSStull]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: SteveH
I've seen so many ball videos, but none offer the excellent commentary and explanations that your do. Very much appreciated.

Thank you very much for the kind words, glad my intentions to explain a ball rather than just show it are working well. If you ever have any input or suggestions I am always open to ideas!

Originally Posted By: BOSStull
Nice video again SK8. Really interested in the Reign On. It very well may be my next purchase. I liked the ball comparisons in the video.

You definitely won't be disappointed, this ball is really good. There aren't many bowling balls I have thrown that are as simple to read their ball motion any better than this one so its definitely a great benchmark choice.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#183714 - 12/31/13 10:58 PM Re: Storm Reign On Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 32/M/AZ
I really appreciate how you show shots with increased/decreased axis rotation. It shows just how versatile these balls can be.

Keep up the good work. Your videos are probably the best out there. I don't say that because you're our friend here, but because you go out of your way to show what these the equipment does, what compliments it, your thoughts on the layout, etc, etc. Most people just blare terrible music and throw strikes from the same line they use in every video.

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#183726 - 01/01/14 10:40 AM Re: Storm Reign On Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
SteveH Offline

A/S/L: 62/M/Burlington VT
I can't watch any more ball videos!! I just got my new Storm Byte. Last year it was the Lucid, followed by a RG Wrecker and Disturbed. There's only so many I can carry to league or fit in a locker!

I know for sure if I tried this new Reign On it would just screw up my whole life smile

High League game: 290
High League Series: 768
High Tournament Series 723
Arsenal so far: [all 15#]
Roto Grip Hustle Ink
Hy Road X
Roto Grip All Out Show Off
Storm Hy Road Pearl
Roto-Grip Disturbed
Storm Lucid
Roto-Grip Crown

#183750 - 01/01/14 11:27 PM Re: Storm Reign On Video Ball Review [Re: SteveH]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: SteveH
I can't watch any more ball videos!! I just got my new Storm Byte. Last year it was the Lucid, followed by a RG Wrecker and Disturbed. There's only so many I can carry to league or fit in a locker!
I know for sure if I tried this new Reign On it would just screw up my whole life smile

LOL, if it makes you feel any better I just ordered another three ball tournament tote (which makes five in my car!) and five bowling balls (two tour fusions, two zero gravity's and another IQ Tour).

This is on top of the Byte (second one) and Marvel Pearl I just got Christmas Eve.

What can I say, I go through a lot of equipment!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Arthritis?
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 09:43 PM
Friends made a dumb bet
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:50 PM
Difference between shammy & microfiber towel
by Dylan585 - 12/05/19 07:49 PM
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - 11/19/19 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.