BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#183584 - 12/27/13 02:56 PM Motiv Sting ball review and video. BEST BENCHMARK
mattyg3535 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 34/M/cocoa. Fl

Bowler Specs:
Right Handed
Ball weight 15lbs.
P.A.P. 4 1/2 right and 1/8th up
Ball Speed on monitor: 15.5 to 16mph
Rev Rate: 375+
Rotation: Med
Tilt: Med/High

Ball Layout:
70 X 4" X 65
Used O.O.B. Surface only. 1500 polished

Conditions:
Both High friction AMF and Med friction AMf Surfaces
39' medium oil house condition
41' light/medium oil house condition
32' PBA Wolf Pattern (durring South Regional Tournament)
Really broken down 39' house pattern.

Review:
Ok, this is what I was looking for to compliment my Primal Rage. I drilled it exactly the same as my Rage and kept the surfaces the same as well. I got exactly what I thought I would get. An earlier, more continuous version of my Rage. The super clean cover is wrapped around a super LOW RG core. This means all the energy is saved for end of the oil pattern. It just hooks so hard off the spot. Unlike the Rage, you do not have to worry about throwing it through the breakpoint. The Sting begs to be thrown hard! I have still not changed the cover and found it to be the best benchmark ball I have ever thrown. From 32' flood to a house shot that hasn't been oiled for days, you can find a way to use the Sing with a little versatility in your own ability. In contrast to the Rage, the Sting didn't kick the corner pins out as well but I didn't really need the help because it usually was a "10 in the pit" type of strike when it hit pocket. However, I would much rather use the Primal Rage when the lanes were wide open. The Sting was a bit too strong when the oil wasn't as fresh. You can use it but it meant moving way left and not giving up the pocket. That is generally not as fun as throwing the Redball at the ditch and watching the pins fly everywhere.

Conclusion:
The Sting is the ball you want first out of your bag! I recommend a Low RG drilling to go along with the Low RG core. Using a "pin down" layout will take full advantage of all the power the Sting has to offer. This is a must have for Motiv fans but should be a top contender if you are looking to add your first MOTIVated ball into your arsenal.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#183640 - 12/30/13 08:21 AM Re: Motiv Sting ball review and video. BEST BENCHMARK [Re: mattyg3535]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Well put together Matt, nice work!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - 11/12/19 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.