BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#183254 - 12/11/13 08:23 PM PBA League Challenge and Chris Barnes' pants
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 48/M/Port Townsend, WA
I wondered how many of you like the format where the captains of each of the 8 teams in the PBA League take on each other in competition scenarios like "bowling blind", in which basically throwing a shot past a curtain set up 15 feet from the foul line, and most recently, throwing as many strikes as one can in 1 minute 30 seconds, and I can't wait to find out what the next challenge is this coming Sunday.

BTW, Is it me or is Chris Barnes actually wearing neon green pants with that sharp-looking new 2013-14 purple/green Silver Lake Atom Splitters PBA League jersey from High 5 Gear? I bought myself a pair of Hollister by Abercrombie & Fitch slim fit pants (they were the only ones I could find on eBay that looked like them) in that same neon green because of Chris wearing his..... shades of Guppy Troup's old wardrobe perhaps??? smile YIKES!!!
Where the fans come FIRST!!!

www.BIGHMW.com

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#183255 - 12/11/13 08:36 PM Re: PBA League Challenge and Chris Barnes' pants [Re: BIGHMW]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

Here you go, "Bowling Blind" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJwcx_cTIcQ at 10:06 you'll see Chris Barnes' outfit, really sharp!!! I Love the purple/neon green combo, SHARP!!! smile I can't wait for the PBA League jerseys to be available soon for all of us to get from High 5 Gear's website (www.high5gear.com), and unlike when Gemini did them, I will get all 8 of them just not all 8 at once

www.BIGHMW.com

#183256 - 12/11/13 09:25 PM Re: PBA League Challenge and Chris Barnes' pants [Re: BIGHMW]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 32/M/AZ
I'm on the fence. I do enjoy seeing these guys let their hair down and have some fun, and no bad can come of that, but I also think with the way they have it formatted, it takes away from the competition. I don't have any suggestions on how to do it better, and I do like that it exists, so I'd say overall, I'm in favor of it.

I'm also a history buff, and anything related to history, I love. And I love that they made a nod to the exhibition bowlers like Ned Day and Andy Varipapa with the shot from behind the curtain. There's lots of footage of those guys doing that shot in exhibitions, so its fun to see a new generation carrying on the "tradition."

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#183260 - 12/11/13 11:02 PM Re: PBA League Challenge and Chris Barnes' pants [Re: BIGHMW]
vgnano420 Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 25/m/mi
Barnes is a tool, does anyone know if he is from Cali or likes to surf? He was tossing up the hang loose gesture like a teenager. Not trying to start an argument just my opinion, but it was funny to hear about your man crush.

Hang loose

If Bowling is a Sport, I'm an Athlete!

#183263 - 12/12/13 12:14 AM Re: PBA League Challenge and Chris Barnes' pants [Re: vgnano420]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

Originally Posted By: vgnano420
Barnes is a tool, does anyone know if he is from Cali or likes to surf? He was tossing up the hang loose gesture like a teenager. Not trying to start an argument just my opinion, but it was funny to hear about your man crush.

Hang loose

I believe that the "Hang Loose" sign is for his two sons, they probably taught Chris about it and how cool it is when you do it, hey, I am 47 years old and I also have somewhat of a youthful enthusiasm going for me and sometimes let that inner "cool dude" inside me come out in public.

As I have always said, age is only a mere chronological number, it's what you are inside you that really counts, that is what I preach about when talking to people about youthful enthusiasm, I may be age 47, but yet I do things that normally only people in their 20's or early 30's would be doing.

www.BIGHMW.com

#183265 - 12/12/13 02:46 AM Re: PBA League Challenge and Chris Barnes' pants [Re: BIGHMW]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Originally Posted By: BIGHMW
Originally Posted By: vgnano420
Hang loose

I believe that the "Hang Loose" sign is for his two sons, they probably taught Chris about it and how cool it is when you do it, hey, I am 47 years old and I also have somewhat of a youthful enthusiasm going for me and sometimes let that inner "cool dude" inside me come out in public.
As I have always said, age is only a mere chronological number, it's what you are inside you that really counts, that is what I preach about when talking to people about youthful enthusiasm, I may be age 47, but yet I do things that normally only people in their 20's or early 30's would be doing.

Yeah, it started when his wife was pregnant and she couldn't be there while he bowled, just wanted to let her know he was thinking of her, continued on with the boys. As a pro athlete in a minor sport, the money is tough and they are on the road as much as other sports making a small fraction of what others make. Wish some money would find it's way into the sport at all levels.

The "trick shots" are ok, I'd rather see another match like a women's final or a hall of fame challenge, or something like that, but I get that they want to promote their league. I DVR it anyways since it's on opposite the NFL and just skip the slow parts anyways.

I am not a fan of any jersey, rather see them just go back to polo's with their name, but I'm sure the sponsor's like the possibility a lot more.

Barnes' pants were bad but Belmo also looked weird in khakis and a jersey.

#183267 - 12/12/13 08:07 AM Re: PBA League Challenge and Chris Barnes' pants [Re: BIGHMW]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
See I am the opposite of you B-Hammer, I actually love the jerseys the guys wear as compared to the polo's.

I really like the fact that each player (not including the PBA League jerseys) gets to have a hand in designing his (or her) own jersey. Kind of a little sneak peak into their personality.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#183272 - 12/12/13 04:51 PM Re: PBA League Challenge and Chris Barnes' pants [Re: sk8shorty01]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
See I am the opposite of you B-Hammer, I actually love the jerseys the guys wear as compared to the polo's.
I really like the fact that each player (not including the PBA League jerseys) gets to have a hand in designing his (or her) own jersey. Kind of a little sneak peak into their personality.

I can see that, some designs are better then others. Like a few of the PDW designs, the newer belmo design is good too. Really didn't like the Barnes family design or the WRWJ with the horseshoes and bowling pins.

#183274 - 12/12/13 07:55 PM Re: PBA League Challenge and Chris Barnes' pants [Re: B-Hammer]
BIGHMW Offline
Team USA Contender

Originally Posted By: B-Hammer
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01

I can see that, some designs are better then others. Like a few of the PDW designs, the newer belmo design is good too. Really didn't like the Barnes family design or the WRWJ with the horseshoes and bowling pins.

I actually enjoy the fact that we can buy many of the player's jerseys (and hopefully soon the PBA League jerseys) directly from High 5 Gear (you can get them through http://www.high5gear.com/pba-pro-replica-jerseys.html), but with me being more partisan toward Storm staffers, I dig Osku Palermaa's new shirt, with the clever smiley face inside the "O" in "Osku Palermaa" on the back, and how 'bout PDW's new dragon shirt, to quote WWE Superstar, The Miz, "AAAAAAAWESOME!!!", I also like Mike Fagan's argyle shirt as well as the new one from Andres Gomez, if I had to pick 4 those would be my four. It's too bad I'm not really a "free agent", otherwise I'd throw Chris Barnes' new Columbia 300 shirt in there as well. Heck, they're all great, and well worth the asking price of $110.00 each.

www.BIGHMW.com

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
End of Days
by steveA - 10/16/19 06:00 PM
Resurface is always a thrilling topic
by BOSStull - 10/04/19 06:17 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.