BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182499 - 11/03/13 12:18 PM Re: PBA WORLD SERIES OF BOWLING V [Re: rrb6699 (RayRay)]
BOSStull Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 63/M /Georgia
Originally Posted By: rrb6699 (RayRay)
i believe the tournaments would now list it as another pattern like "Chameleon Visible" or something like that for each visible pattern.
rr

Add multiple colors of oil to really make it a real Chameleon pattern that will change colors as the oil is carried down.. LOL

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#182508 - 11/03/13 04:35 PM Re: PBA WORLD SERIES OF BOWLING V [Re: BOSStull]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 32/M/AZ
Does the RPI Finals count as a national tour title?

USBC Open personal bests: 226/602/1690
USBC Open career average: 174.66 (45 Games)

See you in Reno 2020!

#182523 - 11/04/13 02:06 PM Re: PBA WORLD SERIES OF BOWLING V [Re: BOSStull]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
As far as the visible oil making scores go up in your THS league I highly doubt most bowlers will average any different. Maybe your top 2-3 guys would understand but other than that the rest of the league will have no idea what to do with the information.

Think about it like this, you can tell most league bowlers to move inside more because their ball is hooking too early and the typical answer is "well I always look at the second arrow", I highly doubt visible oil will change most people.

It will be interesting to see how the TV show goes, I can tell you from getting to see Dom Barrett's equipment after the block it does make the IQ Tour Pearl look completely green after a little bit from it picking up the blue tinted oil.

Definitely excited to see the show and see what happens as equipment tracks up the lane.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#182524 - 11/04/13 03:39 PM Re: PBA WORLD SERIES OF BOWLING V [Re: BOSStull]
Joe Bowler Offline

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
With visible oil, recreational bowlers will be more concerned about the transition to their clothes than the lanes. crying
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#182546 - 11/05/13 12:23 PM Re: PBA WORLD SERIES OF BOWLING V [Re: sk8shorty01]
General Pounder Offline
3x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 40/M/Midlothian, IL
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
As far as the visible oil making scores go up in your THS league I highly doubt most bowlers will average any different. Maybe your top 2-3 guys would understand but other than that the rest of the league will have no idea what to do with the information.

Think about it like this, you can tell most league bowlers to move inside more because their ball is hooking too early and the typical answer is "well I always look at the second arrow", I highly doubt visible oil will change most people.

It will be interesting to see how the TV show goes, I can tell you from getting to see Dom Barrett's equipment after the block it does make the IQ Tour Pearl look completely green after a little bit from it picking up the blue tinted oil.

Definitely excited to see the show and see what happens as equipment tracks up the lane.

I posted on the USBC Group on Facebook a lot of what you said. This isn't an everyday thing, this is a tournament thing. I think that it would be a great teaching tool for JR leagues as well as coaches. If you can show bowlers what happens and then have then aim at different spots so they can see where the oil it and how your ball reacts in relation, win-win. I don't see this ever catching traction as a normal league thing.

#182565 - 11/06/13 10:13 AM Re: PBA WORLD SERIES OF BOWLING V [Re: BOSStull]
Doogie Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 37/M/Lincoln, NE
I like the idea for coaching purposes. You could see the ball track after a while and see how consistent, or not, your ball path is.

Of coure even knowing how variable the path is the question is how to fix it.

If brunswick commericalizes this I wonder what the cost differental would be from it to the normal oil? That will be the biggest factor in how this product would get used.
Storm: Supernatural

#182633 - 11/09/13 04:32 AM Re: PBA WORLD SERIES OF BOWLING V [Re: BOSStull]
Joe Bowler Offline

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
A few things I will be interested to see is if areas with higher volume appear a darker blue, if individual boards/arrows are still clearly visible for targeting purposes, and if the color remains on the ball after wiping it off. Also, this should prove one way or the other if carrydown does/does not still exist. In the past few years, it's been a popular notion that it does not. We'll see.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#182792 - 11/17/13 12:29 AM Re: PBA WORLD SERIES OF BOWLING V [Re: BOSStull]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL
i like it. it's possible to have multi-tinted oil. think about it if the application down lane were one color and the application back to front lane were another color and the combined colors would result in a mix that would be reddish or brown for any areas oiled twice by the machine. load up the colored oil and mix it up for contrast! this way you could see and differentiate between the lower volume unit application and higher volume units application on any pattern!
that is how to do it! And remember we thought of it here first!
RayRay

Edited by rrb6699 (RayRay) (11/17/13 12:44 AM)
Tilt: 15, AoR- 65, PAP: 4 3/4ovr, 3/4up,
Sp:15.5 avg
Alpha Crux-15#
Guru Mastr-15#
Sinister-15#
Grenade-16#
Quantum Violet-16#
Wht Dot-16#
MoRich Frenzy-15#
Multi wins/Top 5 Finshes-Scr&Hcp events

#182793 - 11/17/13 12:43 AM Re: PBA WORLD SERIES OF BOWLING V [Re: Joe Bowler]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL

that reminds me of Rodney Dangerfield's putter in Caddyshack. Pretty cool. You could have terminator-like apps on google glass that would analyze the oil pattern with the UV dye and then project all playable lines based on your bowler specs and ball choices taken into account. sort of like a wearable instant Blueprint software as part of a total package that all comes together to line you up. It would analyze every shot to give you instant stats back and recommend adjustments.

wow. i see the beginnings of all this assembly of pieces of the puzzle.

RR

Originally Posted By: Joe Bowler
Originally Posted By: rrb6699 (RayRay)
I think that throws one of my inventions out the window, Joe. One thing i was working on was a set of glasses to show what you see in the dyed oil picture as visible.

Instead, how about a Google Glass app that calculates and overlays the actual lane with an image of the desired ball trajectory? You could call it BPS for Bowler Positioning System. That would be mighty cool, although probably not allowed in competition. cool
Tilt: 15, AoR- 65, PAP: 4 3/4ovr, 3/4up,
Sp:15.5 avg
Alpha Crux-15#
Guru Mastr-15#
Sinister-15#
Grenade-16#
Quantum Violet-16#
Wht Dot-16#
MoRich Frenzy-15#
Multi wins/Top 5 Finshes-Scr&Hcp events

#183065 - 12/01/13 02:57 PM Re: PBA WORLD SERIES OF BOWLING V [Re: BOSStull]
SouthShoreBowler Offline
Junior Master

A/S/L: 42/M/Righty (for now)
Wes Malott wins the Cheetah Championship! Gotta give him credit. He struggled on that left lane in his first match. Then, he figures it out just in time to beat Guerrero (and got a little lucky she couldn't carry the 10-pin). Then he steamrolls Weber and Bohn III. All this while dealing with a knee injury.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 4 minutes 40 seconds ago
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by Dennis Michael - Today at 01:00 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - Today at 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - Today at 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.