BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#182368 - 10/30/13 11:57 AM LM Perfect Review
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Review coming soon. I received notice today the LM Perfect is on its way and should arrive next week. I am hoping this ball with its lower RG and higher Diff will provide the "perfect" complement to my LM Big Bang SE. I really like the carry I have been getting with the pearl multi-particle cover on the Big Bang SE. I am hoping for similar results with the pearl particle Perfect. It would be great if LM/LF would provide comparison charts on their website. In the meantime, I found the following video for the Perfect. If anybody has rolled one, or seen it in action, I would be curious what you thought.

House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#182472 - 11/02/13 10:41 AM Re: LM Perfect Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Joe, I promised you a report of the Perfect rolled by a friend. He's a Power/Stroker righty. Normal line is 10-12, out to 4 at the break.

The ball allowed him to move farther inside and go over 4th arrow without any exertion to get the length, as the ball had plenty of length and finished very strong for him. He said the ball opened up the lane for a different look that he couldn't get with other balls.

Although, he strung many strikes during the night, he had a downfall by using this ball also for his spare shooting. Chopped a few spares which held his scores down. He shouldn't use this ball for spares as the back end on a stripped lane was just too severe for him.

Just an honest observation from what I saw. BTW, he shot 687, using this ball all night and moved 3 boards inside through the night. He said the ball held throughout carry down and ignored other lines that may have been grooved. A very true roll and consistent. But, that was on our 44', 30 unit league shot with an 8-1 spread. He said he would be hesitant to use it on other lighter oil shots.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#182480 - 11/02/13 02:54 PM Re: LM Perfect Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
Joe Bowler Offline

Thanks for the feedback, Dennis. Another review I read also described the LM Perfect as super clean up front, strong revving in the midlane, with a continuous smooth arc on the back. Sounds good to me. Below is how it compares according to LM's new Power Ratings.

Perfect - Length 16, Backend 15, Overall 16
Big Bang SE - Length 17, Backend 15, Overall 16
XD Platinum - Length 18, Backend 18, Overall 18

I expected the Perfect to have a little higher Backend and Overall numbers than the Big Bang SE with its higher Diff and the same cover as the higher-rated XD Platinum. But, I will have to wait a few more days for it to arrive to make my own assessment.

#182584 - 11/06/13 11:16 PM Re: LM Perfect Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
Joe Bowler Offline

Drilled up the LM Perfect today, and had a chance to roll it tonight. I switched from the Big Bang SE to the Perfect in the middle of the second game, and rolled 16 of 19 possible strikes with it through the end of the third game.

I started off playing the same line with the Perfect as the Big Bang SE, and there were signs I should tighten up the line, but the beauty of the Perfect was that it carried all of the light hits while I was still getting lined up.

As others have reported, I found the Perfect to be clean through the heads, revving up nicely in the midlane, and continuing with a smooth arc on the backend. It does not have seem to have the same traction through the pocket as the Big Bang SE. But, that is okay for a second/third game transition ball.

Overall, I give it two thumbs up. My initial test was with the out of box 1000/polished surface. I will probably hit it with 1200/2000 CAMI, and re-polish to see if I like that even better.

#182654 - 11/10/13 08:22 AM Re: LM Perfect Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
Joe Bowler Offline

I smoothed and re-polished the surface on the Perfect, and switched to it second and third game of league. This time, I was not so lucky and left a pocket 7-10 and 3-7-9 getting lined up again. For future use, I learned to anticipate with the same surface as the Big Bang SE, the Perfect hooks 1-2 boards less. I am a little surprised because the Perfect has a stronger core (lower RG, higher Diff). If I had to guess, I would say the particle in the Perfect coverstock is designed to increase skid, not traction...if particles can do that. Unlike the Big Bang SE, the Perfect really bounces around in the pocket. Frankly, it's not what I usually like to see. But, I did start game three with the first 10-in-a-row with the Perfect, so I am still trying to figure out where this ball fits in my arsenal. It may be limited to light to medium volume and a transition ball when my other equipment is burning up.

#182655 - 11/10/13 09:25 AM Re: LM Perfect Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
BOSStull Offline

A/S/L: 63/M /Georgia
10 in a row looks the Perfect will have a place on your arsenal.

Lane Masters has put a new meaning to a particle coverstock. You would think a particle cover is going to be by the old definition enhancing traction in oil but not anymore.
In describing the cover of your Big Bang SE from a quote on another forum "There is a load of the skid particle in this ball so dusting it won't hurt the fronts. The other 2 particles are light backend particles." particles are no longer just for traction.

The Perfect and the Xtreme Damage Platinum both have the Flex Molecular particle cover. With the XDP and Perfect considered MEDIUM oil balls I would think this is another case of SKID or backend particles. My Yeah Baby with the same core as XDP but with Diamond Particles is considered a Heavy Oil ball.

The old L/M apparently used these SKID and or backend particles with their last release in the High Standard 2.0 with a particle pearl cover named Molecular Particle. I have the HS2 and it has no traction in oil at all. It is the most SKID FLIP ball I have and it needs friction to be effective.

#182657 - 11/10/13 10:03 AM Re: LM Perfect Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
If this is real, could this be why my particle pearl XDamage has gotten an earlier read lately. The particles in my track are worn and won't skid any more?

It would be logical as it now reads the lanes earlier and grabs friction hard.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#182658 - 11/10/13 10:21 AM Re: LM Perfect Review [Re: BOSStull]
Joe Bowler Offline

Originally Posted By: BOSStull
10 in a row looks the Perfect will have a place on your arsenal.

Lane Masters has put a new meaning to a particle coverstock. You would think a particle cover is going to be by the old definition enhancing traction in oil but not anymore.
In describing the cover of your Big Bang SE from a quote on another forum "There is a load of the skid particle in this ball so dusting it won't hurt the fronts. The other 2 particles are light backend particles." particles are no longer just for traction.

The Perfect and the Xtreme Damage Platinum both have the Flex Molecular particle cover. With the XDP and Perfect considered MEDIUM oil balls I would think this is another case of SKID or backend particles. My Yeah Baby with the same core as XDP but with Diamond Particles is considered a Heavy Oil ball.

The old L/M apparently used these SKID and or backend particles with their last release in the High Standard 2.0 with a particle pearl cover named Molecular Particle. I have the HS2 and it has no traction in oil at all. It is the most SKID FLIP ball I have and it needs friction to be effective.

The 10 in a row were nail biters compared to the confidence rolling the Big Bang SE. My 11th shot was a little fast and left a 3-5-6 bucket (lefty). Another reviewer referred to the Perfect as being "skiddish". I think that fits. It's not meant as a knock on the ball, but to help better understand its roll characteristics. Having a ball that gets down the lane more easily will be useful at times (ex: wood lanes).

I purchased both the Big Bang SE and Perfect before Lane Masters put up their new website with the Power Ratings. I like both balls, but was surprised by their look, feel, and ball reaction. I agree with you that Lane Masters has certainly re-defined the meaning of "particle" ball. Consumers will need to be re-educated. The Power Ratings help. Providing information concerning the particle type (skid, backend, etc.) and load (light, med, heavy) would be even better.

In the meantime, I am considering the Lane Masters Advantage, with its asymmetrical core and much higher backend rating as the ball to better complement the Big Bang SE on the upside, now having the Perfect to complement it on the downside.

#182673 - 11/11/13 10:16 AM Re: LM Perfect Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
Joe Bowler Offline

After thinking some more about where the Perfect might fit in my arsenal, I realized I have not been getting much use out of my Natural Pearl. While it is a great ball on the right conditions, the Natural Pearl tends to be such a large step down from my other equipment, it has not gotten much use lately. This is especially true bowling in my PBAX league on the low friction Brunswick Pro Anvilane surface, and my house shot league where they do not strip the backends. That's what got me looking for a particle ball in the first place. Who knew there were skid particles? I didn't. So, I just ordered the Advantage, and hope it has more rather than less backend traction, like the Big Bang SE. If so, it will challenge my Raptor P7 for a spot in my bag. In the meantime, I am replacing my Natural Pearl with the Perfect hoping it gets more use as a light volume/transition ball. If possible, I would like to get my arsenal back down to 6 balls again.

#182822 - 11/18/13 08:19 AM Re: LM Perfect Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
Joe Bowler Offline

I might have been too quick to swap out my Natural Pearl for the Perfect. The major difference is on the pin deck. The Perfect covers more boards than the urethane ball but seems to have no traction on the backend. The other difference is when the lanes dry out, the urethane ball maintains its smooth, even roll whereas the pearl reactive ball starts to jump earlier. I have been testing the Perfect on a variety of conditions, including a tournament this past weekend, and left more than my fair share of corner pins and splits (3-7-9). The Perfect is nothing like the Big Bang SE, which drives the pins into the pit as hard as any ball I have ever rolled. I will be bowling on the Cheetah for the next two weeks in my PBAX league. If the Perfect does not show me something, it's headed back into the box. The Advantage should arrive today, and hopefully, that will be a better complement to the Big Bang SE, at least for my game.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Bowler turns 100
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 05:04 PM
Our Bowling Ally is now Chuckie Cheese
by djp1080 - 11/18/19 07:59 PM
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - 11/17/19 04:35 PM
Good morning everyone...
by djp1080 - 11/17/19 12:50 PM
Plastic or Urethane?
by Dennis Michael - 11/17/19 12:45 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.