BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#181809 - 10/06/13 03:47 PM Re: IQ Tour Edition [Re: sk8shorty01]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL
no i was unaware of the Alley Katz one. I'm going to the one in Ocala FL. it is next week. i was wrong about the date when i posted it. looking forward to going. I will see if he's there.

Any suggestions on what i should try and stuff like that? I am looking at the IQ Tour Pearl, the IQ Tour and maybe the new stuff being announced.

tell me, how do they do the ball layouts for these matchmakers so i know what i'm throwing?

rr
Tilt: 15, AoR- 65, PAP: 4 3/4ovr, 3/4up,
Sp:15.5 avg
Alpha Crux-15#
Guru Mastr-15#
Sinister-15#
Grenade-16#
Quantum Violet-16#
Wht Dot-16#
MoRich Frenzy-15#
Multi wins/Top 5 Finshes-Scr&Hcp events

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#181811 - 10/06/13 06:44 PM Re: IQ Tour Edition [Re: 56bird]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Originally Posted By: RickSchott
Originally Posted By: Joe Bowler
Suggestion for Storm: Using the same control core, combine the dark blue IQ Tour Edition (solid) and gold IQ Tour Pearl using R2S hybrid technology to create the new blue and gold IQ Tour Ultimate. It would likely become the benchmark ball of the future.

I like the ball reaction of the IQ Tour Edition so much already that I am considering replacing my current benchmark ball with it. A hybrid version would be an even better fit.

I like this plan A LOT although it might look a lot like a Defiant Soul where they forgot the green. Performance-wise, this ball would be for real. Remember the R2S Hybrid has been one of the most successful covers of all time (Hy-road et al)

<Edit to add> Hey, how about "Hy-Q"?

Or, "Introducing the Hy-IQ. That's one smart ball." Hehe, send the royalty checks to...
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#181815 - 10/06/13 08:31 PM Re: IQ Tour Edition [Re: Joe Bowler]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
I'm a little late to the conversation, but I can't say enough about the IQ Tour solid. I've thrown mine on everything from a 43' sport pattern to several THS conditions to a 37' Viper pattern. It's the most predictable ball in my bag, and hooks more than I thought it would. As far as scores go, I've shot 299, 300, 836 and 820 with it. I get a good strong arcing reaction that almost refuses to overreact if I get it to the dry a little too soon.
It does soak up oil (as do most Storm balls), so put it in the Revivor when the reaction starts to mellow. I keep mine at the OOB 4000 finish, and clean it after each use.

Bowl up a Storm!

#181819 - 10/07/13 05:34 AM Re: IQ Tour Edition [Re: Fin09]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
I went over to stormbowling website and filled out the "contact" form. Maybe if they get enough suggestions, they'll make the hybrid version smile

#181820 - 10/07/13 08:19 AM Re: IQ Tour Edition [Re: Joe Bowler]
NaSTI Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 33/M/Renton WA
I'm sad that my Iq Tour solid is dead. I got my grip/span rechecked by Ron Hoppe and had to get it fully plugged and re drilled. Well after de oiling it and resurfacing it, it still did not have the same reaction as brand new or before I had it plugged.

So I researched for a new benchmark ball and ended up getting the Track 505C2. Since having it for only 2 weeks. My last 3 series with it were 644, 722 and 657.

I'm not sure which I like more but I do remember really falling in love with the reaction of the Iq.

#181821 - 10/07/13 09:01 AM Re: IQ Tour Edition [Re: Joe Bowler]
Joe Bowler Offline

It's one thing to compare a ball's performance with brand new versus right before having it plugged, especially if the only change was to lengthen the span. I would take it back to your Pro Shop and find out what was done to resurface it and have them try again. See Storm's resurfacing instructions. http://stormbowling.com/tech-sheets/iqtouredition-techsheet.pdf

When I got my IQ Tour Edition, I was not thinking benchmark ball, but it sure does have that potential. I would think the modest Diff would make it ideally suited for power players. For us strokers, the Lights Out is already R2S Hybrid and has a slightly stronger but equally predictable core, the light bulb shaped Turbine (same as in the Natural series). If I was actually shopping for a benchmark ball, that would have been my first choice.

Over the weekend, I had a chance to roll the IQ Tour Edition on the Earl Anthony pattern and compare it head-to-head with some of my other equipment. The solid cover is definitely stronger than my pearl and hybrid equipment, and the core somewhere in the middle. It was okay, but not overly impressive. For a change, my pearl and hybrid equipment had sufficient backend on the Brunswick Pro Anvilane surface. Where I believe the IQ Tour will excel is when there is less friction (ex: Wolf), and I need help from the ball to bring it back to the pocket. I may wind up comparing the IQ Tour with the Big Bang SE to see which gets the slot in my bag.

#181824 - 10/07/13 12:38 PM Re: IQ Tour Edition [Re: rrb6699 (RayRay)]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Originally Posted By: rrb6699 (RayRay)
no i was unaware of the Alley Katz one. I'm going to the one in Ocala FL. it is next week. i was wrong about the date when i posted it. looking forward to going. I will see if he's there.
Any suggestions on what i should try and stuff like that? I am looking at the IQ Tour Pearl, the IQ Tour and maybe the new stuff being announced.
tell me, how do they do the ball layouts for these matchmakers so i know what i'm throwing?
rr

Sorry to hijack the thread but just a quick answer and I will get back on topic, promise!

They are drilled pin up above the bridge and cg in the center of the palm. They have a few different lengths in each weight, S, M, L, XL so you should be able to find something reasonably close.

Try everything, thats one thing most people don't do and they are wasting money. Most people grab one ball and will throw it the entire session unless we (as staffers) tell them to try this ball.

Go in expecting to throw everything and get an idea of what they all do, thats what you are going for after all!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#181827 - 10/07/13 04:43 PM Re: IQ Tour Edition [Re: sk8shorty01]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Pretty quick reply.

Storm Technical Staff <[email protected]>

1:30 PM (2 hours ago)

to rcschott

"Hi Rick,

Definitely a good idea and I will pass it along to the design team.

Thank you,"

If it gets made and they say something to me, I will give credit where it is due.

#181835 - 10/07/13 08:58 PM Re: IQ Tour Edition [Re: Fin09]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL
hey fin,
i see you are in my old stomping grounds in va bch. not knowing your specs how do you have that ball layout? i'm torn between the IQ tour solid and IQ tour pro. the matchmaker clinic may give me an idea knowing your layout vs. what i throw there. most likely they will be on a tophat 39' pattern that day after talking to the lane man unless the Pro Shop or storm requests differently.
glad that ball is so good for [email protected]!

rr
Tilt: 15, AoR- 65, PAP: 4 3/4ovr, 3/4up,
Sp:15.5 avg
Alpha Crux-15#
Guru Mastr-15#
Sinister-15#
Grenade-16#
Quantum Violet-16#
Wht Dot-16#
MoRich Frenzy-15#
Multi wins/Top 5 Finshes-Scr&Hcp events

#181837 - 10/08/13 12:21 AM Re: IQ Tour Edition [Re: Joe Bowler]
Joe Bowler Offline

Had a great look with the IQ Tour Edition on the Earl Anthony pattern in my PBAX league tonight. Rolled an 888 series (4 games), and won the last high game pot with a 258. I started the first game with my Ascent Pearl standing 14, looking 4. Once the oil pushed down the lane a bit, I switched to the IQ Tour, bumped in 1-1/2 boards with my feed, and enjoyed the best ball reaction to date in this PBAX league on Brunswick Pro Anvilane. That's two of three major tests passed for the IQ Tour Edition. Next is the over-under top hat.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Major News in the Industry
by Mkirchie - Yesterday at 07:42 AM
Plastic or Urethane?
by LindaDelcamp - 11/12/19 03:19 PM
Good morning everyone...
by Mkirchie - 11/10/19 09:52 PM
What is the best ball to get?
by djp1080 - 11/10/19 09:02 PM
Which fork on the Hy-Road should I take?
by Mkirchie - 11/02/19 07:05 AM
End of Days
by BOSStull - 11/02/19 06:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.