BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179303 - 06/24/13 03:48 PM CBS Sports Network
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Is this a standard channel for anyone or is it a secondary tier for most providers?

Comcast/Xfinity it's available but extra.

For those that have seen the broadcast how has it compared to the ESPN broadcasts? I know Dave Ryan is back and there are three new oil patterns, but not much other then that.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#179305 - 06/24/13 04:20 PM Re: CBS Sports Network [Re: B-Hammer]
Mkirchie Offline
Hall of Famer Contender

A/S/L: 38/M/New Jersey
I have Cablevision in my part of NJ and I do have it as a standard channel. The broadcasts to me have been very similar to ESPN's, not too much of a difference. The camera angles might be slightly different, at least I thought so during the Badger tournament.

While we are talking about the telecasts, whether it is ESPN or CBSSN, I feel that they spend too much time for interviews, etc. I miss the old ABC days when 4 games only took 1.5 hours, not 2 hours.

Mark

#179322 - 06/25/13 10:49 AM Re: CBS Sports Network [Re: B-Hammer]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 52/M/Virginia Beach, VA
2 hr telecasts make for a lot of fast forwarding on my DVR. The new patterns have resulted in a few new faces making the show. The tour vets know exactly how to play the old patterns, so I'm sure the playing field got leveled a little with the new patterns.
CBSSports is normally not a basic cable channel- if you subscribe to a sports package, you most likely get it. Golf Channel, Speed Channel, Tennis Channel, and I believe others like NBCSports, maybe MLB, and I guess CBSSports are in certain sports packages. PBA just signed a 5 yr deal with ESPN to continue the telecasts, and it looks like they will have more events, with 36 hrs of coverage, which is more than the 23-24 or so they have now. I just hope it's not 12 hrs of filler interviews added to what they are already showing, and it's a larger number of shows.

Bowl up a Storm!

#179441 - 07/01/13 03:55 PM Re: CBS Sports Network [Re: B-Hammer]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
For those of us who don't get the channel, or missed the broadcast, there is:
http://www.youtube.com/bowlingvideos4all
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#179839 - 07/28/13 10:52 PM Re: CBS Sports Network [Re: B-Hammer]
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I switched to Verizon last year and it costs an extra $10 per month to get the package with CBSSports. The other channels with it are all garbage. Not really worth it to me.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Creative Bowling Solutions Power Finger Grips
by 82Boat69 - Yesterday at 08:35 PM
Last Online 10 days ago
by Dennis Michael - Yesterday at 04:45 AM
2019 Summer Leagues
by wronghander - 06/17/19 10:58 PM
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by wronghander - 05/26/19 11:58 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.