BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179233 - 06/22/13 04:54 PM Critiques Please: My Latest Bowling Videos
charliexx Offline
Bracket Donor

A/S/L: 37/Male/Riyadh Saudi Arabia
During practice, trying to bend and get behind the ball more

Storm Natural / Invasion
Roto Grip Berserk / Defiant Soul
All 14.3lbs - and not even a Storm staffer yet :-)

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#179238 - 06/22/13 09:00 PM Re: Critiques Please: My Latest Bowling Videos [Re: charliexx]
champ Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 30/M/AZ
You're showing great progress.

The first couple things that stand out to me are that your approach is awfully short, and your ball doesn't fit. Scoot back on the approach and create some more power with your legs. Also check your bowling ball to see if it needs some tape. You drop the ball on that shot, and you're cutting your backswing short, likely because you're squeezing the ball when it starts to fall off. Snug up the thumbhole, and see if that helps you stay behind and under the ball without dropping it and cutting off your wing.

Keep up the good work.

#179243 - 06/22/13 11:59 PM Re: Critiques Please: My Latest Bowling Videos [Re: champ]
djp1080 Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: 71/m/IL
One thing I noticed (besides the low back swing) is you're not balanced at the line. Your non-bowling arm is not being used to your advantage to keep you stable at the delivery of the ball to the lane. It appears you fall away slightly to the right at the end which may affect your accuracy.

#179271 - 06/24/13 08:25 AM Re: Critiques Please: My Latest Bowling Videos [Re: charliexx]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Here is my take:

Both of the other two comments do point out issues in your game (well done champ and djp), both point out the low back swing for sure, and it was also mentioned that you lost the ball off your hand as well as you didn't keep your balance at the line and you fell off the shot.

Now, what I think the big issue is:

You are taking a 5 step approach, which is fine, but in a 5 step you should be putting the ball into the swing on the second step (first step with right foot). Right now you move the ball an entire step late, which causes you to cut your backswing off to help get your closer to proper timing (accounts for the low backswing) and also means you have to pull the ball from the top of your backswing down to your release to bring that timing even closer to true (accounts for the ball dropping and falling off the shot). Chances are you do need tape, 90% of bowlers that I have ever worked with needed more tape than they were using and were just too scared that the ball would hang up on their hand.

So, move the ball as if it were tied to your right foot, when that foot moves the ball has to move as well. By moving it late it is causing you to cut your backswing off and pull the ball through your release meaning that you drop the ball and also fall off balance at the line because of the lack of a relaxed swing.

I think once you get the timing in order you will notice a huge improvement in your game almost immediately.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/16/18 09:27 PM
Help with grip/ Thumb Position
by 82Boat69 - 07/15/18 08:11 PM
End of Days
by Dennis Michael - 07/15/18 07:34 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by Richie V. - 07/10/18 12:19 PM
what will become of AMF
by Dennis Michael - 07/09/18 07:13 AM
I'll try again
by Dennis Michael - 07/06/18 12:32 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by 6_ball_man - 07/06/18 08:44 AM
Bowling ball colors
by BOSStull - 07/04/18 10:28 AM
Tiered Tape...
by BOSStull - 06/30/18 11:33 AM
no one on for 5 days
by steveA - 06/22/18 04:31 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.