BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#179080 - 06/17/13 09:06 AM Re: Latest practice video 6-8-13 [Re: JBenny]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Originally Posted By: JBenny
I would recommend trying to finish palm up.. Try to feel the pads of your fingers "rolling" the ball.. ... Its hard to do, but necessary for improvement

Agreed. I think it's a combination of feeling like the ball is "way out" during my swing like Ray Ray suggested, and this.

I'm reminded of my back-up ball... I start in a suitcase-type grip but turn clockwise at release to achieve rotation. Even though my palm is up during my back-up release, I get a pretty decent lefty hook out of it. Hurts my fingers though.

Will try to implement these suggestions and get some video to see if I actually DO it, thanks for the suggestions guys.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#179433 - 06/30/13 11:23 PM Re: Latest practice video 6-8-13 [Re: 56bird]
BrandonRyan Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 29/M/Ocala, FL
I am no pro, or coach, so please take my advice as you will.

Your best shots, as most for everyone, happened when everything was in sync. In your first video I saw five shots in particular, where your head didn't move at the foul line, your sliding leg stayed bent, and "continued to slide through the foul line". Your aid foot stayed to the ground, and didn't 'kick' as you say. You also laid the ball early and came out of it nicely.

Almost 100% of your oops shots, you rushed your approach and "popped" upwards at the foul line because your back swing was behind in your approach, so i could see you force your down swing to catch up, thus making you pop up at the foul line.

I think overall your fundamentals are great, you can tweak areas here and there, I would say focus more on mark hitting, and further getting your entire approach in sync, before i going changing hand position and ball release. Your ball is rolling great, and breaking where you need or want it to.

When you stay down and continue to "slide through the foul line" those are your money shots, and when you looked most comfortable.

BOL!

#179436 - 07/01/13 09:09 AM Re: Latest practice video 6-8-13 [Re: BrandonRyan]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL
thanks brandon, i have another video i posted on 6/25 that has changes i took from advice on this board. I started my left foot forward and lined up according to the way others lined up with the board in my stance is between my feet. before I was starting with my right foot forward and beginning my approach with my left foot. I still do that now, but, when i tried to keep my slide long, it was harder to do because i had to speed up my footwork. I threw several 240's and 230+ games in practice yesterday because i was bowling with friends who wanted to keep score. my longest strike string was 6 with a solid 8 pin on the 7th shot.

I will be posting more vids out here as soon as i can get a decent camera which i'm sure will help in evaluations.

here are the videos from 6/25. I want to point out, I don't turn the ball in my backswing out but in reverse. My hand position ends up at the same 4:30 position but i turn my hand 'in' during my armswing and back at release. When i turn my hand out in my backswing, my accuracy suffers and i spray the ball more. so it looks like i top the ball, however, if you could see my release (can't with this camera on a stop/pause) you would see my hand position and release matches others.

here is one of the videos and you can just catch what i'm talking about if you watch my wrist:

R/R
Tilt: 15, AoR- 65, PAP: 4 3/4ovr, 3/4up,
Sp:15.5 avg
Alpha Crux-15#
Guru Mastr-15#
Sinister-15#
Grenade-16#
Quantum Violet-16#
Wht Dot-16#
MoRich Frenzy-15#
Multi wins/Top 5 Finshes-Scr&Hcp events

#179437 - 07/01/13 11:40 AM Re: Latest practice video 6-8-13 [Re: rrb6699 (RayRay)]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Originally Posted By: rrb6699 (RayRay)
R/R

Um, RayRay?

I think his comments were meant for my video.

<giggles>

And yeah, timing (and synch) is EVERYTHING for me. Thanks for the comments Brandon.

#179438 - 07/01/13 02:26 PM Re: Latest practice video 6-8-13 [Re: 56bird]
rrb6699 (RayRay) Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: Single/male/FL
woops my bad! I was confused since i also had a video on 6/8.

good advice at any rate right?

haha

R/R
Tilt: 15, AoR- 65, PAP: 4 3/4ovr, 3/4up,
Sp:15.5 avg
Alpha Crux-15#
Guru Mastr-15#
Sinister-15#
Grenade-16#
Quantum Violet-16#
Wht Dot-16#
MoRich Frenzy-15#
Multi wins/Top 5 Finshes-Scr&Hcp events

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by djp1080 - 10/17/20 08:32 PM
Undercover Boss Bowlero
by BOSStull - 10/12/20 07:16 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.