BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178219 - 04/17/13 06:16 PM Re: Storm Reign Of Power [Re: Deano79]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
I went with a 4 x 4 x 1 drilling. Not sure what that translates to on a dual angle. Looks like a taller drill angle with a midrange Val angle.

Bowl up a Storm!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#178249 - 04/19/13 06:15 PM Re: Storm Reign Of Power [Re: Deano79]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

Threw my Reign of Power 2 balls in practice, it checked up REALLY early, put it away. I have no business throwing a 1000 grit ball on 2nd shift league conditions, but I wanted to see what it would do. I got my answer. It will be with me for tournaments, especially nationals, but not at league anymore.

Bowl up a Storm!

#178382 - 04/27/13 01:12 AM Re: Storm Reign Of Power [Re: Deano79]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

Broke down tonight and polished my Reign of Power. Even if I end up taking some of the shine back off, it won't go all the way back to 1000, that's for sure. Now I just have to wait until I and throw it.

Bowl up a Storm!

#178464 - 05/03/13 10:10 AM Re: Storm Reign Of Power [Re: Deano79]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

Got the chance to throw the shined up Reign of Power last night. Second shift league, 4 lefties on the pair, including myself. Ball is drilled 4x4x1 with a small hole on the val, a couple of inches below my PAP.
Got lined up pretty quickly in practice, standing 26, hitting 13 at the arrows, going out to about 8. Ball revved up nice, made a nice pronounced move, and faced up really well. Went front 8 first game, hit a little transition, left a 3-9,picked it up, moved a board to my left, then went to the fill ball where I left a solid 7 for 277. Ended up moving a little further left, took a piece of tape out of the thumb, and shot 258 the 2nd game. Had to chase the oil back in a little the third game, as carry started to get squirrelly, but threw the last 4 for 223, so 758 first night out.
With the OOB 1000 finish, this shell is really aggressive. I put some Storm Step 2 polish on it to get it to read the friction correctly, and it did just that on the 41' THS pattern. I was a little hesitant to shine it, as I was hoping to use it at nationals with the OOB finish, but the only time I can get use out of that much surface is on a long, heavy pattern such as the Shark, and the patterns out there aren't quite that long. Plus, I'm bringing my Sync in case I need an aggressive shell. This one will fit in nicely.

Edited by Fin09 (05/03/13 10:11 AM)

Bowl up a Storm!

#178465 - 05/03/13 12:44 PM Re: Storm Reign Of Power [Re: Deano79]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Good to hear!

Hoping to get my video stuff up soon so you guys can see what the ball looks like on the lanes (for those that don't have it) but I think I might do the Lights Out review first being that we are getting close to its public release.

Glad you liked the ROP after you shined it up a little.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 09/23/20 09:16 PM
Bowled a few games at South Point in Las Vegas
by goobee - 09/03/20 04:38 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.