BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#178144 - 04/14/13 11:32 PM Coach/Youth tournament
Smooth Stroker Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 45/M/Long Island
I was fighting with myself as to where to put this post. I really didn't want to start my own thread. kind of bashful. Also, this tournament didn't post any results yet. I will get noticed in an email. I was in this tournament with three kids. I coach two of them and the third usually bowls with the bigger kids. I prefer to coach the younger kids. younger kids are fresh and aren't full of bad habits yet.

I bowled in a house that I'm not used to bowling in. I pulled out my Marvel Pearl. I had no idea what the conditions were. During practice, the lanes seemed to be hooking a lot in the backend. I tried the Marvel Pearl for a few frames and gave up quickly. I struck in the first frame on a Jersey strike ( I wonder what they call those in Jersey? ) Next frame was a washout. I then ran to the car and got my Natural out of the trunk. I figured the ball was made for just such a condition. I used the next few frames getting lined up. I started standing on 32 going over 15 at the arrows. Not enough backend. Soft 10 pin spare. Next shot I move over to 30 and 13. I leave a 4 pin spare. I move over to 25 and I go over 10 at the arrows. Keep my head nice and steady. No muscling. Solid release every time. Thumb nice and straight. What a difference. I got a 5 bagger then 10 pin spare 10 pin in the tenth frame for a 225.

Second game still with my Natural in the same spot. I was lined up and my mechanics were good. I got the first 7 strikes then left the 6-7-10 split. Struck in the ninth, 10 pin spare, strike for a 245.

Still in the same spot with my Natural. Started with a strike. Then got a 10 pin spare. Three bagger then I chopped the 6-10. Another three bagger to set up the tenth. I got the first strike in the tenth, then a blow out 7 pin spare for a 235. I was very proud of my 705 series. I jumped from swinging the ball over the 4th arrow to going very straight, for me, over the second arrow with my Natural.

I made all of my 10 pins and this was my 3rd straight 700 series, even though I'm not bowling in a league right now. I'm feeling very good about my bowling now.

IQ Tour Fusion
IQ Tour anniversary edition
Lights Out
Natural

USBC level 1 certified coach

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2019 USBC Open Championship's Las Vegas
by wronghander - 05/23/19 02:15 AM
2019 Summer Leagues
by Dennis Michael - 05/17/19 09:17 PM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Dennis Michael - 05/13/19 02:12 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2019 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.