BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177660 - 03/29/13 07:56 AM IQ Tour Pearl Video Ball Review
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Here you are, enjoy:

IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#177661 - 03/29/13 09:58 AM Re: IQ Tour Pearl Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Great video, Sk8. The volume was a bit low, though. I have seen a lot of the IQ Tour Pearl ball around at tournaments. It provides a nice smooth, even rolling ball reaction. The Stormtroopers are gonna love it.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#177662 - 03/29/13 10:11 AM Re: IQ Tour Pearl Video Ball Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe Bowler
Great video, Sk8. The volume was a bit low, though. I have seen a lot of the IQ Tour Pearl ball around at tournaments. It provides a nice smooth, even rolling ball reaction. The Stormtroopers are gonna love it.

On my side it sounds fine, might be that I have different speakers and I want to make sure it sounds good to everyone so time to investigate!

Was it the commentary volume that was down too low? I will have to look into it, wonder why considering all of my settings were the same... hmmm..
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#177663 - 03/29/13 10:29 AM Re: IQ Tour Pearl Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
Was it the commentary volume that was down too low?

Yes. Special effects volume sounded normal.
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#177664 - 03/29/13 10:47 AM Re: IQ Tour Pearl Video Ball Review [Re: Joe Bowler]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Same here, commentary is low. I listened on my old netbook, couldn't make much of it out... on my Ipad which has a stronger speaker I could hear it all right as long as the house was pretty quiet (somebody talks or the heat kicks on, I have to pause and wait).

Come to think of it I think your other videos I've seen were low-ish volume, you're kind of soft-spoken to begin with.

Good video. I don't have this ball but from what I've seen people love it, or hate it and sell it right away. I can only guess as to why that is.

#177665 - 03/29/13 10:52 AM Re: IQ Tour Pearl Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

huh, maybe I will have to re-render it out and increase the voice volume. Looks like my computer will be tied up for another 2 hours or so tonight while it renders again...

Oh well, at least it only takes me about 4 minutes to upload to Youtube now (new internet connection is giving me 60 down and 5 up).
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#177675 - 03/29/13 03:23 PM Re: IQ Tour Pearl Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
cgrimes Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 11/M/Kansas City, MO
Cool editing you have there. I mainly love seeing that ball as well as the Lucid mainly because Belmonte uses them a lot.
Storm Tropical Breeze
Storm Tropical Storm
High Game: 278
High Series: 654
House Average: 186
Sport Average: 155
Virtual League Average: 199 smile

#177676 - 03/29/13 03:50 PM Re: IQ Tour Pearl Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Thank you, I do all of the editing/effects myself so its good to hear people like what I am able to accomplish so far. I am still learning so each of my videos I try to add something small that teaches me something new.

I will be doing a few more reviews here shortly, here is the list (in no particular order):

IQ Tour
Lucid
Sync
Reign of Power

I am also almost done with the second episode of "Language of the Pins" so there are quite a few things going on with my channel right now that I hope can begin to gather some interest from the general bowling community.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

#177754 - 04/01/13 03:22 AM Re: IQ Tour Pearl Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
NaSTI Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 33/M/Renton WA
Awesome vid Sk8! Yeah the commentary volume was a bit on the low side for me as well. Im trying to complete my arsenal and looking to purchase another ball by the end of my league...which is a couple weeks from now. I already have an IQ Tour, Frantic and Natural Pearl. My first ball out of my bag is the IQ Tour. I can step down but I dont have anything to step up to from that. Possibly open to other ball manufacturers as well. From Storm, Im not quite sure if a good ball to step up to would be the Marvel Pearl, Lucid or the Sync. There are times when the lanes are just flooded and theIQ Tour goes too long. Should I take it down to 3000 or I would rather have a ball I can play my normal game and stand a bit more left feet and target, than the IQ Tour solid. Thx in advance!

#177760 - 04/01/13 09:20 AM Re: IQ Tour Pearl Video Ball Review [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

I think I would go for a more aggressive bowling ball as opposed to trying to change your benchmark ball to fit the nights when its really flooded. You would then be taking a ball you throw the most often and putting it into a hole that makes it where you would only use it on the rare occasion that there is too much oil out there.

As far as getting something more aggressive, the Sync would be a great choice, that ball really rolls well. It doesn't read nearly as early as its aggressive cover would suggest so it is still usable on the THS patterns.

I will be posting a Sync review video here shortly (maybe a week or two) so you can get a good idea of exactly what that ball is capable of.
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by champ - 02/25/20 02:22 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - 02/24/20 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.