BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#177241 - 03/17/13 06:06 PM My Northeast Amateur Tournament debut
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
I had been a regular of the People's Tournament when they come to Westgate Lanes, but I bowled the Northeast Amateur Tournament there for the first time today, and I think it's going to become my monthly tournament of choice. I'll link my blog post about my day, which includes the link to the BowlSK sheet:

http://tenthboard.net/2013/03/17/my-nat-debut/

I'll add that my last two tournament experiences have definitely been positive. I think I do better in tournaments right now because I can focus more. I might think of trying to find a different team to bowl with in the fall, perhaps in the more competitive Wednesday night league.
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#177250 - 03/18/13 03:40 AM Re: My Northeast Amateur Tournament debut [Re: Richie V.]
SmilingBowler Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/PA
Strong first game. Too bad your ball was on the nose or cutting across the nose in the third. When mine does that, I take one half step up, keep my mark and speed and it usually finds the pocket. I'm a righty stroker. I'm not sure of your style. Glad you got into a tourney and I liked your site.

Personally, I'm looking forward to States for the first time and may get in a local no-tap tourney to get the feel for tourney style play beforehand. Its my goal to create a website in the next year as well and plan to link to all the sites I'm on and all the profiles I have. As always, I wish you continued success. (: .)

#179570 - 07/15/13 02:53 PM Re: My Northeast Amateur Tournament debut [Re: Richie V.]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 35/M/NH
Bumping this up cause I made my debut in the NAT in the doubles event at Brunswick Zone in Lowell, MA. Didn't really bowl all that well, 524 for the 3 games relying mostly on spares to even get that score. My partner somewhat struggled as well but bowled 13 pins higher than me and even with us both getting over 100 pins of handicap for the 3 games we weren't even close to making the cut. Bowled the early shift which had 30 teams but according to the NAT's Facebook page apparently they got 65 teams total for this event (I'm assuming that number includes re-entries).

Looking forward to bowling the next event on August 4 which will be singles also at BZ Lowell. The tournament director also indicated that they will be announcing the September-December sites for the NAT soon as well. If you're in New England and you're looking for a tournament to bowl in, I highly recommend the NAT.

#179580 - 07/16/13 02:10 PM Re: My Northeast Amateur Tournament debut [Re: Richie V.]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
Hey svengali...I might have entered, but I didn't have a doubles partner, and I'm conserving my cash for my brackets setup project (I'll be filling in for the guy who runs brackets on Monday night here when he can't make it), but that part is almost done.

As for the fall/winter dates, they should be at least be at Westgate Lanes, though I did see they also have a commitment from Bowlmor AMF Taunton Lanes, which is also in my association, so I'm going to try to make that tournament, as well. smile
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

#179922 - 08/02/13 04:33 PM Re: My Northeast Amateur Tournament debut [Re: Richie V.]
wronghander Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 35/M/NH
Got a sneak peak at the fall/winter schedule.

Sept 8 - AMF Auburn, MA
Sept 22 - AMF Cranston, RI
Oct 6 - Spare Time Manchester, NH
Oct 27 - Town Line Malden, MA
Nov 3 - AMF Auburn, MA (Doubles)
Nov 24 - AMF Cranston, RI
Dec 8 - Town Line Malden, MA

I guess the Taunton stop will be happening next year, unless they decided to move it to Cranston instead. I would expect they'd be at Westgate in the spring.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 12:46 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.