BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176898 - 03/07/13 08:28 PM Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Video
NaSTI Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 33/M/Renton WA
Just like the title says, I finally uploaded a video of my approach and delivery. Please critique me! Thx guys/gals.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#176902 - 03/07/13 09:30 PM Re: Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Video [Re: NaSTI]
56bird Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 43 Male, Malta NY
This video is private?

#176907 - 03/08/13 01:39 AM Re: Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Video [Re: NaSTI]
NaSTI Offline
Action Bowler

No it shouldnt be. I dont know how to even do that, lol.

#176913 - 03/08/13 05:50 AM Re: Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Video [Re: NaSTI]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
You are doing way too much work and not getting very much out of it. For instance your grip is way too tight, you are putting a death grip on the ball which causes your swing to be robotic and forced. If you have to squeeze the ball to hang onto it, then you need to start by fixing the fit of your ball so it hangs onto you instead of you having to hang onto it. The reason this is an issue is if you have to squeeze to hang onto it, you also then have to let the ball go instead of it just coming off at the bottom of the swing naturally.

Read these articles:

http://www.bowl4fun.com/ron/btm03_files/btm3.htm

http://www.bowl4fun.com/ron/btm04_files/btm4.htm

http://www.bowl4fun.com/ron/btm05_files/btm5.htm

#176915 - 03/08/13 08:17 AM Re: Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Video [Re: NaSTI]
56bird Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 43 Male, Malta NY
Yeah it showed up as private on my Ipad, seems fine on the pc <shrugs>

#176920 - 03/08/13 10:54 AM Re: Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Video [Re: NaSTI]
NaSTI Offline
Action Bowler

Coach Jim, wow really? I dont even squeeze the ball at all. Actually I like to fine tune my thumb hole w/tape so that I put my thumb in and not put any pressure at all, to the point where it doesnt fall off and I have no thumb pressure to hold onto the ball. Should I work on my push away and try a more free arm swing? But I am confused since I try not to grip the ball at all..sigh

#176924 - 03/08/13 03:44 PM Re: Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Video [Re: NaSTI]
NaSTI Offline
Action Bowler

Heres another. Trying out my new Storm Natural Pearl

#176928 - 03/08/13 08:38 PM Re: Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Video [Re: NaSTI]
lcpounds Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 43/M/St. Louis
NasTI,

From the couple of times I watched your video:

-your setup seems good
-your back swing seems abbreviated (too short) based on the rest of your body's movement; almost like you force it to stop and muscle the ball forward before the back swing can reach the top.
-the ball is in what I know to be the "groove" (an imaginary line from your shoulder to your hand. As you come close to your release point, it looks like your hand is rotating too far around the ball which may rob you of rev and power and the ball is no longer in the "grove".
-your left arm (I had to watch several times to notice exactly what your arm is doing) seems to whip backwards parallel to the ground, this seems to indicate you are forcing things versus letting them happen naturally
-this one I fight often and have gotten better with...you seem to take a total of a 5 step approach, however, you have a shuffle in there that I think might be throwing off your timing

Overall I think you seem to be consistent with the technique you've developed...I only critique to be helpful....so please don't take it the wrong way. : )
Storm IQ Tour Pearl
Storm Tropical Breeze
Columbia 300 Eruption
Columbia 300 Momentum
Hammer Wrachet

#176929 - 03/08/13 08:53 PM Re: Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Video [Re: NaSTI]
Eternal Bowler Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 16/M/OH
While I'm probably not skilled or qualified enough to give you any tips/criticisms on your approach, I do notice something that really got my attention. You appear to have little to no slide on your last step. I think that maybe if you add some slide, it will allow you to drive into the shot more effectively and perhaps gain consistency. It may also help your bowling longevity, so to speak. Those are just my two cents, though.

HG: 190
HS: 516 (143-183-190)

Taking my game to the next level every step of the way.
Bowling regularly for 2+ years.

http://www.youtube.com/eternalbowler

#176954 - 03/09/13 08:59 PM Re: Any suggestions and feedback is appreciated. Video [Re: NaSTI]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
I agree with it looks like your not letting the ball swing freely (in the down swing and release point). And I think this is connected to the short 3rd step you take. This causes you to get ahead of the swing. When your ahead of the swing the only thing your arm can do is to help (pull) the shot.

Your body shows your not relax until the ball is off your hand. Your up to high not a great knee bend until the ball is released.

Micheal Haugen Jr. also plants and you can see is lower at this point (his 3rd step is longer).

Home work.
1- It looks like you push the ball outside of your right foot in the pushaway.In the pushaway, place the ball over your right foot.

2- Take a longer 3rd step (think like your going to kick something).

High series 810
Current ave. 213

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Need some help with my release
by SubaruWRX - Today at 07:41 PM
Lane transition and changing balls
by spr3wr - Today at 05:38 PM
Fall '14 virtual league announcements & discussion
by FuriousSam - Today at 03:37 PM
Resurfacing my ball.
by VFF57 - Today at 03:08 PM
Ball Weight
by mmalsed - Today at 02:58 PM
Generic weight block (Core)
by MiggityMatt - Today at 02:17 PM
Hard Knocks' Preview: Bowling with WRs
by BOSStull - Today at 11:23 AM
Proper Thumb Pitch for a Semi-Roller convert?
by Joe Bowler - Today at 06:22 AM
Shoes - Brunswick versus Dexter?
by SubaruWRX - Yesterday at 11:46 PM
Ebonite Cyclone
by SubaruWRX - Yesterday at 11:42 PM
Trying to get back into it!
by SubaruWRX - Yesterday at 05:56 PM
Subs wanted for fall virtual league
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 10:23 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.