BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176887 - 03/07/13 01:17 PM Ball Giveaway Video?
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 29/M/Merritt Island, FL
Alright everyone,

As I finish up the last couple videos for my second episode of "Language of the Pins - Adjustment Series" I got to thinking about all the ball review stuff I have still on my plate and came up with, what I think, would be a good idea.

The idea would be that I would do a ball giveaway (ball of the winners choice) chosen at random since I have had some good support from this site as well as Youtube. Now I have a few thoughts on how I would run this but wanted some input.

The thought was that I could put all the subscriber names into a hat but I want to make sure someone that actually watches my videos is the one that wins the ball so I have to weed out the old subscribers that no longer venture to Youtube. My thought is that I would put out a ball review (lets say on the Sync) and in order to be entered you would have to be a subscriber and you would have to "Like" the video so that I know you are currently still paying attention enough to know whether or not you won.

Does this sound cheesy? Any input? Any other ideas on how I could accomplish this? Let me know what you guys think and I will start thinking about when I want to run this giveaway. I have 70 subscribers right now so I am thinking maybe at 100 (or possibly 75 if it takes to long).

Any help?

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 4
Career 800 series - 4
High Scratch Series - 823

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#176893 - 03/07/13 05:32 PM Re: Ball Giveaway Video? [Re: sk8shorty01]
General Pounder Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 38/M/Midlothian, IL
Sounds like a good idea to me. I would like a free ball smile

I am not a subscriber but I soon will be.

#176894 - 03/07/13 05:49 PM Re: Ball Giveaway Video? [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion

And just thought I would throw this out there, keep in mind the "any ball you want" will be from the Storm or Roto Grip ball lines, I can't do all the companies this time around.

If I can get enough interest (via people sharing on Facebook, likes, etc.) after this go around the goal will be to run them relatively often although the amount of people in the pool will kind of determine that.

So this is just the feeler video attempt. I would love to run one of these giveaways monthly but considering it is coming out of my own pocket that might get difficult unless the response is pretty big. Either way, thats the goal and one day we will get there.

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 4
Career 800 series - 4

#176901 - 03/07/13 09:28 PM Re: Ball Giveaway Video? [Re: sk8shorty01]
RickSchott Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 43 Male, Malta NY
I subscribed. A shot at free gear is always cool, but you had me at "hello".
High Sanctioned Series 803, High Sanctioned Game 299

#176908 - 03/08/13 01:42 AM Re: Ball Giveaway Video? [Re: sk8shorty01]
NoThumbNoProblem Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 25/m/Denver
I'm planning on subscribing and am really interested in the language of the pins segments. Everybody loves free stuff, so I'm sure this will be a hit. For all that I have the "I want it now!" mentality, 100 subscribers makes sense. With the people on the forum AND a chance for a free ball I'm sure you won't have trouble reaching 100.

#176909 - 03/08/13 01:50 AM Re: Ball Giveaway Video? [Re: sk8shorty01]
mail777 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/turkey
Hi there..

First of all if you put a link first messege we can easily enter and subscribe..

And in my idea you have good reviews but whats your specialities or differences to enter your review.. think me as a random guy on youtube..

My suggestions:

1. You must find a specific name for your reviews.. because when i enter youtube and search Storm bowling ball review i cant see you from the crowd.. you must have a difference to click your review. I think this comes from a different headline..

2. I dont know if you can select the searching screen.. but the screen that i see on search screen is like the commercial for anything.. you must choose it carefully..

3. You have a good visual thing lightening and metal door etc.. it is good but you must find your special thing for review.. maybe slowmotion (2 balls compare with extreme slow motion.. you can easily make it with canom 7d -i am phptographer)

Thats all for now..

#176918 - 03/08/13 09:52 AM Re: Ball Giveaway Video? [Re: mail777]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion

Originally Posted By: mail777
Hi there..
First of all if you put a link first messege we can easily enter and subscribe..
And in my idea you have good reviews but whats your specialities or differences to enter your review.. think me as a random guy on youtube..
My suggestions:
1. You must find a specific name for your reviews.. because when i enter youtube and search Storm bowling ball review i cant see you from the crowd.. you must have a difference to click your review. I think this comes from a different headline..
2. I dont know if you can select the searching screen.. but the screen that i see on search screen is like the commercial for anything.. you must choose it carefully..
3. You have a good visual thing lightening and metal door etc.. it is good but you must find your special thing for review.. maybe slowmotion (2 balls compare with extreme slow motion.. you can easily make it with canom 7d -i am phptographer)
Thats all for now..

Thank you for the ideas, for those that are interested my channel name is sk8sbowlingreviews and you can find it at the following link:

www.youtube.com/sk8sbowlingreviews

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 4
Career 800 series - 4

#176919 - 03/08/13 10:48 AM Re: Ball Giveaway Video? [Re: sk8shorty01]
General Pounder Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 38/M/Midlothian, IL
Subscribed...

#176925 - 03/08/13 05:57 PM Re: Ball Giveaway Video? [Re: sk8shorty01]
mmalsed Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 43/M/Riverside, CA
Heck, I subscribed even withOUT a contest to bribe me! laugh I think I was in the first 10 subscribers.

16# IQ Tour Pearl/16# Siege/16# Marvel S/15#White Dot

"Gotta kick at the darkness 'till it bleeds daylight"

#176988 - 03/11/13 08:40 AM Re: Ball Giveaway Video? [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion

Appreciate the support so far from all of you, now its just time to actually make the video.

I have come up with what the video will be and how the drawing is going to work' let me know what you think. I am going to show two different bowling balls in the video (where you cannot see logos) and ask for you all to guess what bowling balls they are.

The "rules" will be:

- You must be a Subscriber to enter.
- Your name will be placed "in the hat" once for liking the video.
- Your name will be placed "in the hat" five additional times for each correct guess on the ball shown in the video (2x5=max 10)

What do you guys think?

My thoughts would be that the contest will be roughly 2 weeks, does that sound like a good time frame? Too long? Too short?

Thanks again everyone!

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 4
Career 800 series - 4

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Trying to get back into it!
by SubaruWRX - Yesterday at 07:30 PM
Fall '14 virtual league announcements & discussion
by SteveH - Yesterday at 05:09 PM
Up to five bowlers needed to fill virtual league
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 03:05 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 03:03 PM
need some coaching
by mmalsed - Yesterday at 12:46 PM
Summer Leagues 2014 thread
by svengali - Yesterday at 12:07 PM
Leagues that simply aren't social :(
by MDLee3 - 08/21/14 10:43 PM
Brunswick sold
by Richie V. - 08/21/14 09:27 PM
what will become of AMF
by Richie V. - 08/21/14 09:21 PM
Ball Damage and a Question
by Mkirchie - 08/21/14 02:04 PM
Confused I have been at this
by Rick S - 08/20/14 06:59 PM
Quiet Eye
by Doogie - 08/20/14 09:04 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.