BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176851 - 03/06/13 03:08 PM Two Handed Drilling (AWAY PINCH???)
mail777 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/turkey
Hi there..
i am two handed bowling(lenft hand).

i have problem with my finger holes.. i cant catch the ball i want..
i search for the osku's and Belmo's spec sheet and find that AWAY PINCH terminology..

maybe we can say forward pinch..
Osku has 7/8" and belmo has 1" away/forward) pinch..
and they have same right and left pinch..Osku has 1/2 and belmo has 1/16 (nearly flat..)

so what's your idea? i think to plug one of my ball and drill like belmo?
or 1" away pinch is too much?

i upload the spec sheets.. (i download them from Facebook..)

Thanks..

Attachments
belmo.jpg

osku.jpg

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#176876 - 03/07/13 08:16 AM Re: Two Handed Drilling (AWAY PINCH???) [Re: mail777]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Thanks for posting the spec sheets. Very interesting that both top two-handed bowlers have that much reverse (away from palm) pitch (not pinch, sorry) in their fingers. I thought 1/2-inch was a lot. Belmo I am less surprised since he has a conventional grip, and it would be hard to get his fingers out of the ball quick enough without it. But, it goes to show both bowlers are not lifting the ball at all to generate those high revs. They are just rolling it off their hands.

I am a little surprised neither bowler has any side pitch on their fingers, other than to drill parallel holes. Side pitch in the direction of the thumb would facilitate palming the ball.
House: 239
Sport: 198

16# IQ Tour Nano, IQ Tour Edition, Tank, HyperCell, Hy-Road, Hy-Road Pearl, Pitch Blk, Trop Brz, Mix, Ice

Advice is offered free, as-is, for info only, not a substitute for prof. assistance

#176891 - 03/07/13 04:47 PM Re: Two Handed Drilling (AWAY PINCH???) [Re: mail777]
mail777 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/turkey
So Joe..what do you think about away pitch?

i have fresh frantic now.. i think about to drill it like belmo's..
i also like to use semi-finger grip.. i feel more relax when my fingers are more in the ball..

but i think 1" can be too much.. what about 6/8 for first try?
if i dont feel good i can easly plug and redrill it..

or second plan..
i can just plug the old taboo and drill it like this way and brand new frantic wont be a experimental subject smile

what do you think?

#176892 - 03/07/13 05:18 PM Re: Two Handed Drilling (AWAY PINCH???) [Re: mail777]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
I think it is okay to start with Belmo's pitches, but in the long run, you have to find what works best for you. 1) The ball should feel comfortable balanced in your hand. 2) The ball should come off your hand clean. 3) There should not be any soreness or abrasion after bowling several games. I would be inclined to do my experimenting with the older ball.
House: 239
Sport: 198

16# IQ Tour Nano, IQ Tour Edition, Tank, HyperCell, Hy-Road, Hy-Road Pearl, Pitch Blk, Trop Brz, Mix, Ice

Advice is offered free, as-is, for info only, not a substitute for prof. assistance

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

It's never too early for a good deal!

Shop Amazon - Countdown to Black Friday

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Sign-ups open for Winter '15 V-league (Dec. 21)
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 08:39 PM
Check my span please
by Calvin Pistorio - Yesterday at 08:45 AM
Storm Crux Giveaway!
by sk8shorty01 - Yesterday at 07:18 AM
Breaking out of a slump
by SteveH - 11/26/14 11:52 PM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Richie V. - 11/25/14 09:03 PM
New Hammer release tomorrow!!
by Dave800 - 11/24/14 11:19 PM
2015-16 PBA Tour ESPN Television Schedule
by BIGHMW - 11/24/14 09:28 PM
Fall '14 Week 11 virtual league results
by Richie V. - 11/24/14 05:21 PM
Brunswick Product Preview
by BOSStull - 11/24/14 01:37 PM
My Hyroad solid was solid today
by Rocket Jr - 11/24/14 12:18 PM
Fall '14 virtual league announcements & discussion
by BOSStull - 11/22/14 04:53 PM
New Sinister Layout matching up well on 42' THS
by BOSStull - 11/22/14 09:23 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.