BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176820 - 03/05/13 04:39 PM Could somebody give me some tips on my shot?
CGiamarusti Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 17/F/Chicago, Illinois
Here's me!I'm using a 14 lb Lane One Pink Panther. Thanks!

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#176837 - 03/06/13 07:19 AM Re: Could somebody give me some tips on my shot? [Re: CGiamarusti]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Your timing is late. You slide then pull the ball through.

Start your pushoff earlier to improve this.

When I slow it down, your hand is on top of the ball with your fingers on the side. Keep your hand behind the ball and fingers under the equator.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#176841 - 03/06/13 10:17 AM Re: Could somebody give me some tips on my shot? [Re: CGiamarusti]
56bird Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 43 Male, Malta NY
I don't disagree with the late timing comment, I personally don't mind seeing it based on having watched a lot of modern bowlers bowl really well with late timing. Diandra Asbaty comes immediately to mind (as was recently discussed in another thread), she would have neither her leverage at the line nor her titles and accomplishments without late timing. I can't tell if yours is caused by timing of the pushaway or if your feet are maybe a little fast/

I like the way you hold your position at the line until well after the ball is headed down lane, glad to see that. I mostly like what your balance arm does, although I'd rather see thumb-down, palm-back at the line (it is cut off sometimes in the video but it looks like palm-forward?)

It seems like your swing is a little too "inside-out". In other words the ball is way behind your body at the peak of the backswing. Some inside-out in the swing isn't bad, I'd suggest starting the ball a little more to the left to get your swing a little more in line with your target.

As Dennis said, you're topping the ball. I'm guilty of this myself and it's something I constantly work on. Especially with your ball speed your shot will stay on-line better if you can get more behind the ball. When I posted about my topping problem, one of the guys replied with the following article which I liked a lot. http://bowlingknowledge.info/images/stories/slowinski_march_article_09.pdf

Nice looking game though, heck of a lot better than I rolled the ball at your age. Keep up the good work!

#176842 - 03/06/13 10:42 AM Re: Could somebody give me some tips on my shot? [Re: CGiamarusti]
Dennis Michael Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
My point on the late timing is that it cuts the slide and lessens the push off into the release. You need to gain momentum with the push off leg into the release. This will also increase your ball speed and make it less susceptable to lane changes, which I'm sure you experience with slower speed.

Ball speed is picked up with your lower body movement, not your arm.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

#176843 - 03/06/13 10:56 AM Re: Could somebody give me some tips on my shot? [Re: CGiamarusti]
dgordon0408 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 17/M/Deltona Florida
just from my experience, late timing isnt bad as long as youre not pulling the ball down to get back in time. scott norton has insanely late timing but he throws the ball great, if i were you i would look for a good coach in your area and start there, you have a good foundation and a coach can help mold it
Storm Marvel Pearl @1500 polish
Roto Grip shatter @1500 polish
Storm Victory Road Pearl @ lite 4000
Brunswick versa max @ 1000

#176846 - 03/06/13 11:46 AM Re: Could somebody give me some tips on my shot? [Re: Dennis Michael]
56bird Offline
Touring Pro Contender

A/S/L: 43 Male, Malta NY
Originally Posted By: Dennis Michael
My point on the late timing is that it cuts the slide and lessens the push off into the release. You need to gain momentum with the push off leg into the release. This will also increase your ball speed and make it less susceptable to lane changes, which I'm sure you experience with slower speed.

Ball speed is picked up with your lower body movement, not your arm.

Yeah, the reason we buy "right handed" or "left handed" shoes (at least, the reason *I* buy them) is because with a rubber sole on the non-slide shoe, we can more effectively DRIVE into the slide. I don't focus on this too much because my speed is already a little high for my rev rate, but I think it would help you to get a more consistent roll to the pocket. Isolate the effort, as Dennis says you want to develop speed from the lower body not arm/shoulder.

#176857 - 03/06/13 04:07 PM Re: Could somebody give me some tips on my shot? [Re: CGiamarusti]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Watch this video and see why proper timing promotes good tempo which makes your shots more repeatable.

The ball is coming out away from your body in the push away, then it loops behind you in the back swing. Typically what causes this is the body is lined up square with the boards instead of square with your target line. Try lining up with your target line and walk toward your target, this should help keep the ball in tighter to your body.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

Save with these Holiday Gift Deals!!

Shop Amazon's Electronics Holiday Gift Guide - New Deals Every Day

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Winter V-league sign-ups extended to 12/30
by Richie V. - Today at 06:01 PM
Winter '15 V-league announcements & discussion
by Richie V. - Today at 05:57 PM
Fall '14 V-league post-mortem thread
by Richie V. - Today at 05:20 PM
Fall '14 Week 15 V-league results, final standings
by Richie V. - Today at 05:12 PM
Thumb Slug Question
by mmalsed - Today at 11:32 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Calvin Pistorio - 12/20/14 10:34 PM
Hey Sk8...
by champ - 12/20/14 03:40 PM
Looking for the versatile dry lane ball
by Mkirchie - 12/18/14 09:16 AM
Sign-ups open for Winter '15 V-league (Dec. 21)
by Richie V. - 12/16/14 02:53 PM
Anthony Pepe - is he destined for greatness?
by BIGHMW - 12/15/14 09:45 PM
Fall '14 Week 14 virtual league results
by Richie V. - 12/15/14 05:53 PM
New USBC Rules on balls For Thumbless bowlers
by FuriousSam - 12/15/14 01:25 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.