BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176853 - 03/06/13 03:42 PM New video
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50/male/Arlington, Va
I think I got it. This is updated video, I've made changes to my game. Please provide feedback good and bad welcome.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#176855 - 03/06/13 04:00 PM Re: New video [Re: Gohokies]
mail777 Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/turkey
i can say 2 thing..
first your motivation was broke with the 7th frame.. you change your routine and begin to think "it will be superb if i will shoot 300..." your moves begin to loose their dinamic shape.. how can i say if you carefully look your shoots after 7th frame you begin to throw the ball not to let it go..

and second dont offend but you must wear relax clothes smile

#176858 - 03/06/13 04:08 PM Re: New video [Re: mail777]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

Your right on with that in the moment I thought I was doing everything the same every frame, but I agree the shots after the 7th aren't the same. I think The 5 th and 6 th I started to lose it. Instead of focusing on what I was practicing i got caught up in the moment and then got nervous and then deflated. Probably would have been better if I had not started hot because I was practicing not really shooting for score. If I started with a spare I might have focused Better for all 12 shots.

#176859 - 03/06/13 04:13 PM Re: New video [Re: Gohokies]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
LOL I am so used to videos with 20 shots, all of them strikes, I didn't think about you being on a string, I figured it was edited like everyone else laugh

I am going to paste my response to your video that I sent you on email so others can see what I saw:

There is only one issue I can see from this angle, and it is the inconsistency of your push away, sometimes it starts off to the right which causes the ball to swing inside of your head at the top of the swing which causes the ball to cut across the front of your body at the release and go inside of the target. Concentrate on starting the ball toward your target and break point.

The next issue I see is you aren't projecting the ball to the target on your spares, try reaching down and through the lead pin you are aiming at on your spares. I see your elbow is bending short on your spares, reach down and through, low and long and get the ball to the pins, don't let it hook early.

#176861 - 03/06/13 05:37 PM Re: New video [Re: CoachJim]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Originally Posted By: CoachJim
LOL I am so used to videos with 20 shots, all of them strikes, I didn't think about you being on a string, I figured it was edited like everyone else laugh

Heyyyy, by editing my videos I can fit 34 shots into less than half the time of the above video. Please ignore my maxim spare ball rolling back on the return as I make those shots :P

#176862 - 03/06/13 06:07 PM Re: New video [Re: 56bird]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

The first 1:30 of the video is all you need to watch. Those were 3 shots I really focused on what I was trying to do. As the strikes built I started to slip into old habits because I stopped focusing on practice and got caught up in the moment. I usually tape entire games and watch them myself. For future videos I post I will make them shorter.

#176864 - 03/06/13 06:31 PM Re: New video [Re: Gohokies]
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Originally Posted By: Gohokies
For future videos I post I will make them shorter.
Not on my account I hope, I was just making a joke about edited videos (including and especially mine).

#176865 - 03/06/13 06:50 PM Re: New video [Re: 56bird]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

No your comment was fine. Just wanted to focus those who may make suggestions on my style to the first 3 shots because they represented what I was really trying to work on. The later strikes I was getting tense and pulled the shot because of the nerves of the string and then the later shots stunk because I was bummed the string was over.

#176866 - 03/06/13 07:12 PM Re: New video [Re: Gohokies]
Gohokies Offline
Virtual League Champion

Does anyone have any thoughts why my ball tracks so high sometimes clipping the thumb hole. I was very happy with the reaction on the first few shots in the video but 2 of them clipped the thumb hole. Should I not worry about that. Could it be the ball layout.

#176873 - 03/07/13 12:41 AM Re: New video [Re: Gohokies]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
Originally Posted By: Gohokies
Does anyone have any thoughts why my ball tracks so high sometimes clipping the thumb hole. I was very happy with the reaction on the first few shots in the video but 2 of them clipped the thumb hole. Should I not worry about that. Could it be the ball layout.

If you want to lower your track you need to increase your tilt ( horizontal movement of your hand at release) you can also change your got to help increase tilt, layout can help to move the bow tie away from the holes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Quitting my League
by BOSStull - 05/25/20 06:01 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.