BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176620 - 02/26/13 12:17 PM Jordan (Rocket Jr) needs some help
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Hey, guys as you will see from the picture, Jordan is having early turn and bad wrist position popping up in his game from time to time. He is fine when doing one and two step drills but in full delivery it pops up. he says he cant feel it until he lets go of the ball. Any good drills out there besides the one, two step drills that may help? I am going to put red tape on the back of his arm tonight at practice so I can show him on video again but if hes not feeling it not sure that will help much. I did consider a long Ty-rap with the long end left on so if he turned early the end of the Ty wrap would clip his leg. You can direct your answers to him, he wanted me to post today while he was at school. Oh the picture is from a video Of Chris Barnes and one from a video of Jordan.(Jordans on the right lol)

Mutant Cell

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#176722 - 03/01/13 12:47 PM Re: Jordan (Rocket Jr) needs some help [Re: Rocket]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 29/M/Merritt Island, FL
The best release drill I have found is by Norm Duke in his "Next Level Bowling" videos, you can find it here:

IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 4
Career 800 series - 4
High Scratch Series - 823

#176727 - 03/01/13 03:35 PM Re: Jordan (Rocket Jr) needs some help [Re: Rocket]
Taylor S. Offline
Regional Pro Contender

A/S/L: 19/M/ Williamsport, PA
I actually just had this problem myself about 2 weeks ago bowling at a state tournament. completely ruined my game and completely ruined my confidence. I never bowled so bad in my life.

anyway, i went to my coach a week after after he pointed out that when i get to the bottom of my swing i break my wrist and try to get as many revs on the ball as i can causing my force of motion to be on top of the ball and not behind the ball(where it should be)

this slowed my ball speed down and increased my rev rate, causing my ball to read too early and over react every time.

He basically told me to focus as hard as i could and stay behind the ball the whole shot and to trust the ball... i didnt answer the question, but this worked for me.
15# C System 3.5
16# Yankee Doodle Spare Ball. "Captain America"
15# Storm IQ Pearl
High game 300
high series 726
Average: 203

#176747 - 03/02/13 07:59 PM Re: Jordan (Rocket Jr) needs some help [Re: Taylor S.]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Great advice, without a video that is as good as I could guess, maybe even better smile

#176763 - 03/03/13 02:23 PM Re: Jordan (Rocket Jr) needs some help [Re: Rocket]
VFF57 Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 50's/M/NJ
Quote:
He basically told me to focus as hard as i could and stay behind the ball the whole shot and to trust the ball... i didnt answer the question, but this worked for me.

What helps along with this is to relax the grip and focus on keeping the palm up during the follow through. Once the ball is rolling off the hand and the urge to rip the cover off is gone he can tweak for desired rotation. It does sound like he's overshooting the release and staying with the ball too long.
-------------------------
Motiv: Raptor P7
MoRich: Aggressive Motion
Storm: VG,Crossroad,NP
Hammer: Spike,Psycho,Raw Anger,
Cherry Vibe,Taboo Plastic/Spare,
Black Hammer
Columbia: White Dot

#176765 - 03/03/13 05:39 PM Re: Jordan (Rocket Jr) needs some help [Re: VFF57]
Rocket Jr Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 18/M/Ohio
Thanks all for the tips, SK I tried the drill at home and will do it at the lanes tomorrow night.
Taylor, yes after further review of some video I am not only getting lazy with my wrist at times I am actually rotating around the ball at the top of my back swing. Coach Jim I only have video from behind but I can post it up.

As you can see by the picture I am compensating by playing farther outside to get to the pocket I am still scoring well mostly due to spare shooting. I of course want to fix the issue not band aide it by moving outside . My Normal starting point is 25 15 break 7 then of course adjust from there according to condition. Lately if I get my feet to 20 its a miracle or really dry lanes. Ball change doesnt help much so sure indication somethings broken and as all of you have pointed out is somewhere along the line I have my swing/wrist messed up.

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

Save with these Holiday Gift Deals!!

Shop Amazon's Electronics Holiday Gift Guide - New Deals Every Day

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Looking for the versatile dry lane ball
by Dave800 - Today at 12:24 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 10:49 PM
Sign-ups open for Winter '15 V-league (Dec. 21)
by Richie V. - 12/16/14 02:53 PM
Anthony Pepe - is he destined for greatness?
by BIGHMW - 12/15/14 09:45 PM
Fall '14 Week 14 virtual league results
by Richie V. - 12/15/14 05:53 PM
New USBC Rules on balls For Thumbless bowlers
by FuriousSam - 12/15/14 01:25 AM
Thumb release
by djp1080 - 12/14/14 11:55 AM
2014 WTBA World Men's Championships
by champ - 12/14/14 10:47 AM
Attn Richie V (Dads Crux)
by Richie V. - 12/14/14 10:31 AM
Another Free Storm Crux Giveaway
by Rocket Jr - 12/14/14 09:47 AM
late sharp flip/hook?
by SteveH - 12/12/14 10:21 PM
Fall '14 virtual league announcements & discussion
by Gohokies - 12/12/14 01:13 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.