BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176744 - 03/02/13 02:50 PM Re: Bowling well vs. scoring well [Re: ldickersonc]
steveA Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 52/male/newcastle:uk
Week 6 of the virtual league, bowled 11 9s in the first game.Hit the pocket reasonably well each time.Had the 6 pin taking the ten out and standing , 4 took the 7 same thing,4,7,and 10 all waved at me , more then once but refused to go down, A clean game for 190, certainly one of those games when I felt like I'd played better then the score, Didn't do much different in the next two 9 strikes finishing with a 7 bagger in the 2nd and last 9 in the third.
But I suppose if you struck every shot it'd get boring, be nice to put 12 together in the same game though, best run I've had is 17 just a shame they didn't even come in the same series.
Brunswick Avalanche slide
900 Global Wisdom
Brunswick Control
Brunswick T Zone
Ebonite NV Sanded to death by a pro shop, expensive spare ball
Columbia 300 WD
PB
High game 257
series 704

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#176750 - 03/02/13 08:37 PM Re: Bowling well vs. scoring well [Re: ldickersonc]
CoachJim Offline
USBC Silver Coach

A/S/L: Reston, Virginia USA
Quote:
Anyone ever have those nights where it feels like your bowling well, hitting the pocket, hitting your spares, but the scoreboard doesn't reflect? Maybe a couple pocket splits and a missed 10 pin kills it. Conversely, ever feel guilty for a night where you know your living off of junk strikes

Yes, this means you did not have the right ball in your hands. If you did, you wouldn't be saying this. The physical game can get you to making great shots on a consistent basis, but if you don't have the right ball in your hands it doesn't matter. Ball reaction is everything in this sport, it always has been and it always will be.

You need to learn to watch the all all the way through the pins and take note of which side of the 9 pin (right handed, or 8 pin for lefties) the ball finishes on, if it is finishing square you are using the right ball, if it is finishing on the inside, then you are using too much ball, and need to back off with either your release or the ball itself, if it is finishing on the outside, then you need either to move into the oil and get more head oil under the ball, or a ball with more back end on it.

#176759 - 03/03/13 09:10 AM Re: Bowling well vs. scoring well [Re: ldickersonc]
Dennis Michael Offline
State Champion Contender

A/S/L: M/Barrington, Ill
Very good observation, CoachJim. The ball I used did have a stronger back end,s I thought that was what I needed, since my first ball was finishing light.

In retrospect, I probably should have moved another time with the orginal ball, rather then change.

At the same time, I have to look at my release. After bowling the entire Summer, taking 1-step, my release is a lot stronger, and generates more revs and ball reaction. Maybe too much. As the ball continually drives trough the pins and misses the 9 pin to the left. I seem to leave more 9-pins then 10-pins. And, moving left in the oil will leave 8 pins as the ball may deflect.

I guess a medium ball in that instance would have been better, with a strong release. Of course, with the correct alignment.
Legends - L/M Xtreme Damage 15# Strong pearl

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
2014 USBC Open Championships
by Richie V. - 23 minutes 7 seconds ago
Heading back to a great bowling area
by VampyreBowler - Today at 01:05 PM
Winter 2014 virtual league post-mortem thread
by Rocket Jr - Today at 12:17 PM
What the PBA needs to do to still exist
by sk8shorty01 - Today at 09:06 AM
Large or small leagues?
by Dennis Michael - Today at 07:37 AM
How to match a ball to the player's style?
by nord - Today at 05:34 AM
2013-2014 Honor Scores
by NaSTI - Yesterday at 07:37 PM
Sign-up for Fall '14 V-league open (close 8/17)
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 04:56 PM
Approach issue-my shoes or my head??
by Edy13 - Yesterday at 12:23 PM
Winter '14 Week 15 VL results & final standings
by Richie V. - 04/21/14 05:34 PM
Input on my form and approaches
by spr3wr - 04/21/14 02:47 PM
New Targeting Formula
by Joe Bowler - 04/21/14 01:19 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.