BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#176096 - 02/11/13 10:53 AM New High Speed Release Footage
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Here you are, enjoy/comment/etc!

VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#176100 - 02/11/13 11:27 AM Re: New High Speed Release Footage [Re: sk8shorty01]
B-Hammer Offline
Legend

A/S/L: 30/M/Bellingham WA
That is awesome Sk8! Appreciate the effort and the excellent camera angles.

#176104 - 02/11/13 11:53 AM Re: New High Speed Release Footage [Re: sk8shorty01]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Thank you B-Hammer, it takes a lot of work to put together some of these videos so its good to hear you guys like them!

For instance, I had to rent a camera man, high speed camera and we had an entire set put up just to capture this stuff.

I wish I would have taken some pictures of the setup we had to build to get this put together but I didn't think about it at the time. Just for reference, we had 6 large TV set light setups, two cameras, another 2 low light fixtures, 4 lanes blocked off, and probably a dozen or so extension cords running all over the place.

The camera work was about 2 hours of footage, just to capture the two minutes you see here. Setup of the equipment and staging took about an hour or so (same with break down) and the video editing took about 4 hours.

Not easy but still fun!
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6

#176106 - 02/11/13 12:12 PM Re: New High Speed Release Footage [Re: sk8shorty01]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Very Nice SK8, I really like how you can clearly see the thumb exit prior to the fingers and also the finger position for lack of better term adding the rotation to the ball. So many times I see people trying to add revs with solely the wrist.
Mutant Cell

#176108 - 02/11/13 12:31 PM Re: New High Speed Release Footage [Re: Rocket]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: Rocket
Very Nice SK8, I really like how you can clearly see the thumb exit prior to the fingers and also the finger position for lack of better term adding the rotation to the ball. So many times I see people trying to add revs with solely the wrist.

Thanks Rocket!
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6

#176111 - 02/11/13 01:47 PM Re: New High Speed Release Footage [Re: sk8shorty01]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Great video, Sk8. Did you attempt to calculate RPMs, axis tilt, or rotation?
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#176112 - 02/11/13 01:58 PM Re: New High Speed Release Footage [Re: Joe Bowler]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe Bowler
Great video, Sk8. Did you attempt to calculate RPMs, axis tilt, or rotation?

Not yet but I do plan to eventually, just running short on time right now lol!
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6

#176171 - 02/13/13 10:02 AM Re: New High Speed Release Footage [Re: sk8shorty01]
Joe Bowler Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 50s/M/MD
Sk8, I noticed your release from 0:29 to 0:35 appears a little different from your other releases. Your hand/wrist follows through straighter rather than to the left. The ball still has plenty of revs/tilt/rotation. I would think that release would serve you better in the long run since the timing is less critical being inline rather than at an angle to your swing plane and the direction of the ball. Your thoughts?
House: 239
Sport: 210

PBA (2014-2015): $850

Heavy: Nano, HyperCell, Eternal Cell
Medium: IQ Tour, Tour SiC, Tag
Light: Spare+, Tank, Rebel Tank
Spares: WD

Internet advice is offered free, as is, at your own risk.

#176174 - 02/13/13 12:50 PM Re: New High Speed Release Footage [Re: Joe Bowler]
sk8shorty01 Offline

Originally Posted By: Joe Bowler
Sk8, I noticed your release from 0:29 to 0:35 appears a little different from your other releases. Your hand/wrist follows through straighter rather than to the left. The ball still has plenty of revs/tilt/rotation. I would think that release would serve you better in the long run since the timing is less critical being inline rather than at an angle to your swing plane and the direction of the ball. Your thoughts?

I agree, and I have been working quite a bit on my swing direction through the release and after for a little while now, just still not perfect.

My hand still isn't inside the ball quite enough to get my hand to chase the ball towards my target but it will get there eventually. That is the end goal, for now at least.
VISE Staff Member
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member

Career 300 games - 7
Career 800 series - 6

#176203 - 02/14/13 12:26 PM Re: New High Speed Release Footage [Re: sk8shorty01]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Just wanted to say thanks again, After watching your video and seeing your finger shape at release so clearly I decide to try to mimic it, at first just at practice of course and the amount of extra revs and ball movement was crazy, one gentleman that has seen Jordan and I practice several times commented he had never seen me rev up like that and wanted to know what I was doing different because all he could see was my hand wasn't over rotating anymore but that alone shouldn't increase revs that much. then I tried it at league last night. Firstly I was starting inside about as far as I am at the end of the night so that was different and the pin carry was crazy. First game front 5 then 7-10 split in the tenth that looked flush 193. Next game front 5 then split 6,7,8, Off the sheet to save 178. The third game front 8, ringing 10 236. I know not huge numbers but the accuracy increase from not over turning my hand/arm I feel is going to go a long way the rest of the season.
Mutant Cell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by BOSStull - Yesterday at 12:46 PM
This is a damned shame
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:42 PM
The price of new bowling balls
by BOSStull - 11/01/20 02:39 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.