BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175984 - 02/06/13 07:31 AM Re: plant or slide [Re: steveA]
steveA Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 54/male/newcastle:uk
Also tried another tack, since I bowl at two total different centers , I have multiple bags (3+4 ball rollers and a single)different arsnel in each bag, fairly sure on the condition at each alley,different pair of shoes in each bag. Carry two left feet if I'm going to play at an alley I'm not familar with , but then more balls go anyway.
Brunswick Avalanche slide
900 Global Wisdom
Brunswick Control
Brunswick T Zone
Ebonite NV Sanded to death by a pro shop, expensive spare ball
Columbia 300 WD
PB
High game 257
series 704

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#182594 - 11/07/13 10:12 AM Re: plant or slide [Re: steveA]
Rat Man Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 57/M Erial, New Jersey
My vote is that you slide on the sticky. Everyone is different. I'm very comfortable using a slide sock. In fact, I can't bowl without it... a few of the times I forgot to put it back on after hitting the can I ended up flat on my back on the lane. The last time really hurt bad... lanes are very hard. If I need a bit more slide I'll put a TINY bit of talc on the bottom of the sock then rub most of it off on the rug. Very little goes a long way plus I don't want to mess up the approach for the next guy. You can seriously hurt someone by being careless with talc or break your own neck by using too much. If you're extremely careful it's not a problem. Whether or not you use talc my advice is to slide, not plant. Just look at the pros.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Results from practice
by spr3wr - Yesterday at 07:34 PM
Fall '14 virtual league Week 3 results
by Richie V. - Yesterday at 05:26 PM
2014-2015 Honor Scores
by sk8shorty01 - Yesterday at 10:08 AM
Storm Optimus Video Ball Review
by sk8shorty01 - Yesterday at 12:20 AM
Any rules on speed of play?
by 6_ball_man - 09/28/14 09:04 PM
Help me choose a new bag
by Smooth Stroker - 09/28/14 08:37 AM
Ball Recommendation
by rrb6699 (RayRay) - 09/28/14 05:57 AM
Fall/Winter Leagues 2014-15 thread
by Calvin Pistorio - 09/27/14 11:05 PM
Want Donkee 2-ball modules
by rrb6699 (RayRay) - 09/27/14 09:01 PM
Storm Roto Grip Match Maker Live
by BOSStull - 09/26/14 08:28 PM
Ball suggestions?
by 6_ball_man - 09/26/14 10:20 AM
Tri-Grip
by Fin09 - 09/26/14 12:19 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2014 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.