BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175836 - 02/01/13 10:40 AM Introduction
56bird Offline
Pro of the Year Contender

A/S/L: 47 Male, Malta NY
Hi All,
A few words about me and bowling. I got into bowling late in high school back in the 80's, took it fairly seriously until my early 20's then got a night job and that was the end of that. I usually had a bowling ball or two and a pair of shoes over the years but other than one fall league around 1997 and a summer league in I think 1999, no leagues at all and I'd go a year or more without bowling at all.

Fast-forward, for various reasons I started getting interested in bowling again, ended up joining a summer league in 2010 and except for a lost half-season in fall of 2011 (divorce and relocation) I've been working at it since. Here I am at bowl.com if you care to check it out Rick at Bowldotcom

These days I'm averaging around 211 in a local scratch league, and working hard to improve that (I personally don't think one really belongs in a scratch league these days unless you average 220 or better) but 211 is middle of the road for our league. This league is the hardest I've been in, most nights we have 7 or so players on the pair playing the same area (got a lefty on my team), it's a lot of traffic and when you get a higher-rev player to the left of you, sometimes a 2-1 move left can be a disaster. Transition can be next-to-nothing, or just brutal. I did get some coaching but I kinda lost my coach in the divorce, so these days I'm working with video primarily to see what I'd like to improve.

Anyways that's me. Big fan of Storm's CAM core (and Roto Grip Caliber which is about the same) but in general not "brand-loyal". I'm definitely more of a "stroker", I like to say "power stroker" as I'm around 300rpm these days which I think is at the high end of stroker but not quite a tweener.

Here's some video of me needing a haircut and work on knee bend, waiting for down swing, etc etc...

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#175856 - 02/01/13 05:29 PM Re: Introduction [Re: 56bird]
Richie V. Offline
Virtual League Secretary,
Virtual League Champion x4

A/S/L: 52/M/Brockton, MA
Welcome, Rick...our winter virtual league season is well underway, but we're taking sign-ups for subs, and subs that don't get on teams as regular members get to be regular team members next fall, so please consider signing up. If you want to learn more, visit our FAQ page, and the sign-up page is linked there, as well. laugh
IQ Tour Fusion
Reign of Fire
Tropical Breeze
Fast
T-Zone

Career Highs
Avg.: 197 (Summer 2008)
Book: 186
Series: 707
Game: 288

Current
Brunswick Mixed - Avg: 168 HS: 615 HG: 255
Composite avg. (w/ Sun. night sub): 170

The Tenth Board: My bowling blog
Richie's BowlSK profile

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
No Post Available
by djp1080 - 01/12/21 05:35 PM
We encountered a problem. error
by BOSStull - 01/10/21 02:56 PM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2021 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.