BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#175679 - 01/28/13 01:52 PM Re: Sticky Situation [Re: One Pin Standing]
going4broke Offline
Junior

A/S/L: M
As the captain, it is your call and you should have a discussion with him. I bowled with a guy last year that joined our team in mid-season and he was horrible about it and didn't seem to respect the time of everyone else. There were nights when the entire league was finished bowling and we were only on the 5th or 6th frame of the last game. A league came in after us and whoever got our pair would have to sit around and wait for us to finish. We became "that team" that everyone on the next league had to wait on and I had enough of it. I talked to him first, but he was friends with the captain and didn't care so I went to the secretary and asked if I could join another team instead. After a league vote that allowed me to transfer teams, I was happier about it, but as luck had it the first night I bowled with my new team our opponent was...you guessed it...my old team. Oh well, at least I was happier getting off that team.

Fast forward to the beginning of the season league meeting this past summer and several of us spoke up about instituting a rule that if you were up, you bowled, regardless if the rest of your lineup was still bowling on the opposite end. It isn't enforced as well as it should be, but if we have a complaint we can go to any of the officers and they will put them on notice. If it continues, the officer can no score them for a frame, but as far as I know it hasn't happened yet. Doesn't do much about the slow bowling, but at least it keeps the pace moving better this year.

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#175681 - 01/28/13 02:13 PM Re: Sticky Situation [Re: going4broke]
TheDemolitionMan Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 23/Male/California, US
Yeah, I'd have some words with him. I mean I do take my time and settle myself, but I'm done in 20-22 seconds after I step on the approach (from start to finish) and that's at the very most. Usually I'm faster than that. If it's two shots for me, it's still under a minute. Soooo yeah.
Be like water making its way through cracks. Don't be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by 6_ball_man - 12/08/18 10:50 AM
New Pro Shop Near My House
by Mkirchie - 11/26/18 05:05 PM
Trying to keep my throw straight
by spr3wr - 11/24/18 08:49 PM
Happy Thanksgiving to all
by djp1080 - 11/22/18 10:49 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.