BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#17485 - 10/11/03 04:58 AM slippery approaches
lazy-lob Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 34/male/ENGLAND
The centre I bowl at cleaned the approaches resently and they were more like an ice rink than a bowling alley.I was told another league refused to bowl on them because they so slippery they consider it dangerous. I was wondering if there's is any thing you can do to get some grip as I found my feet slipping as I walked forward,I roughed up the soles with a wire bush but it did'nt have much effect. I slowed my approach down so I didn't slip but it threw my timing out with the result of 168 high game crying . I haven't got changerble sole on my shoes so thats not an option.Can anyone suggest something begging

colin

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#17486 - 10/11/03 11:58 AM Re: slippery approaches
Dick Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: Quarryville, Pa
You mentioned that you roughed up the sole of your sliding shoe but you did not say in which direction you used the brush. To get the best results you brush in the direction of the slide if you are sticking and in your case when the approaches are slick you brush across the direction of the slide. You may know this already but I just wanted to clarify.

#17487 - 10/11/03 03:13 PM Re: slippery approaches
lazy-lob Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: 34/male/ENGLAND
Hi [censored]

I should have said I brush side to side to try and get some grip,but it was still like walking on ice.

colin

#17489 - 10/31/03 05:30 AM Re: slippery approaches
FuriousSam Offline
Action Bowler

A/S/L: 32/M/Lodi, NJ
What if the approach is too sticky?

Motiv Forza
Motiv Venom Shock
White Dot

BowlSK

#17491 - 10/31/03 08:28 PM Re: slippery approaches
Bowlerski Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 40+/Male/Fremont, Michigan
A word of caution, no foreign substances are allowed on the approaches. The powders will be transfered there from the soles of your shoes. If you are having trouble sliding, a teflon pad can be attatched to the soles of your shoes. The best thing is to have a brush handy, if you don't have the interchangable soles.

Tom

#17492 - 10/31/03 10:20 PM Re: slippery approaches
FuriousSam Offline
Action Bowler

Using a brush... Just brush the sole sideways or from the front of the shoe towards the middle?

Motiv Forza
Motiv Venom Shock
White Dot

BowlSK

#17493 - 11/01/03 03:59 PM Re: slippery approaches
IronMaiden756 Offline

A/S/L: 52/F/Righty/Metro Detroit USBC
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">Originally posted by SamNuni:
Using a brush... Just brush the sole sideways or from the front of the shoe towards the middle? </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="VERDANA,ARIAL,HELVETICA,TAHOMA">I bet you get a dozen different answers because every bowler is different.

As for me, I use the brush side-to-side to help slow me down, and up-and-down to help slide more. I do have the Linds Exxtras and change the hockey puck thingies as needed, but sometimes I need a little extra help from the brush.

#17494 - 11/02/03 11:01 AM Re: slippery approaches
Bowlerski Offline
High Roller

A/S/L: 40+/Male/Fremont, Michigan
Right on the money Lisa! thumbsup

Tom

#17495 - 11/03/03 06:49 PM Re: slippery approaches
FuriousSam Offline
Action Bowler

ok, thx. I'll give that a try next time I go to a bowling alley with a sticky approach.

Motiv Forza
Motiv Venom Shock
White Dot

BowlSK

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Storm Hy-Road Surface
by djp1080 - Yesterday at 10:42 AM
Fall/Winter 2018-19 Leagues Thread
by Mkirchie - 10/21/18 07:57 AM
Mo Pinel "Striking Effectively In Today's Game"
by BOSStull - 10/14/18 06:16 AM
Buying new house shoes.
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:58 AM
Storm/Roto Grip MatchMaker Live
by BOSStull - 10/11/18 05:44 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.