BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#174578 - 01/03/13 09:02 AM New Video of Conno
slaterracing Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 36/M/Adel, Iowa, USA
Connor got his Victory Road Solid drilled last night so wanted to throw it a little and happened to have the video camera in his bag so figured i would throw tape a few. He is def still falling off his shot more than I would like but it is alot better than it was.

Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#174587 - 01/03/13 12:23 PM Re: New Video of Conno [Re: slaterracing]
sk8shorty01 Offline
Virtual League Champion x2

A/S/L: 30/M/Merritt Island, FL
Looking better every video!

Now onto a couple changes:

Notice when he moves the ball and compare that to when he moves his feet. Right now the feet are moving first and then the ball plays catch-up. There are two points to key on to check timing that are the easiest to see. The first is movement of the ball compared with the feet, he is a little late here. The second is as the third step touches down the ball should be at the top of the swing, right now it is still traveling up as he finishes his third step and is already going into the foul line.

The late timing causes a little bit of pull down in the downswing to get the ball to release point on time (which its about right) but because of the added muscle it keeps him from posting the shot and thus he is losing momentum on the ball.

By moving the ball earlier he will find he will use less muscle, feel more relaxed, be more accurate, and will have more power (and probably more speed) at the pin deck.

Keep up the good work, improvements are looking really good!
IAB Staff Member

PBA Member
USBC Level 1 Certified Coach
Head Coach - Cocoa High School

Career 300 games - 5
Career 800 series - 6
High Scratch Series - 823

#174615 - 01/03/13 04:56 PM Re: New Video of Conno [Re: sk8shorty01]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
Originally Posted By: sk8shorty01
Looking better every video!

Now onto a couple changes:

Notice when he moves the ball and compare that to when he moves his feet. Right now the feet are moving first and then the ball plays catch-up. There are two points to key on to check timing that are the easiest to see. The first is movement of the ball compared with the feet, he is a little late here. The second is as the third step touches down the ball should be at the top of the swing, right now it is still traveling up as he finishes his third step and is already going into the foul line.

The late timing causes a little bit of pull down in the downswing to get the ball to release point on time (which its about right) but because of the added muscle it keeps him from posting the shot and thus he is losing momentum on the ball.

By moving the ball earlier he will find he will use less muscle, feel more relaxed, be more accurate, and will have more power (and probably more speed) at the pin deck.

Keep up the good work, improvements are looking really good!

I 2nd that!!
High series 810
Current ave. 213

#174666 - 01/04/13 01:29 PM Re: New Video of Conno [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

He made a commet last night after high school pract that he cld not figure out why he was lofting the ball when he was not trying to and it was getting a little frustrating. I told him what you said Sk8 and that pulling it and holding onto the ball to long were from his feet. So we are going to work on that tonight and see what happens. We have family doubles on sunday so i want him to pract tonight alittle as well as at league on sat morning to see if he can adjust that timing just a little.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#175061 - 01/13/13 11:15 AM Re: New Video of Conno [Re: slaterracing]
jmaul99 Offline
Junior

A/S/L: 39/m/Marietta GA
Agree with everything sk8 said. One additional piece of advice is for him to keep his left foot low to the ground on the follow thru. This will help his balance and keep him from falling off his shot. Here is an example of 3 professional women's bowlers who are great at this:

In the bag:
912T
300A
VG Nano
Roto Grip Disturbed
In the trunk:
706A

#175149 - 01/16/13 12:12 PM Re: New Video of Conno [Re: jmaul99]
Rocket Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 45/male/Ohio
Yeah definitely growing, I had the same issue as far as timing, here is a little trick I use that an old timer told me one nite while I was practicing. When I go to start my delivery I say the word push to myself and that gets everything moving at once, then at release I say let go. Simple little things that helped a lot.

Keep the videos coming. smile
Mutant Cell

#175167 - 01/16/13 04:44 PM Re: New Video of Conno [Re: slaterracing]
spr3wr Offline
USBC Bronze Level Coach

A/S/L: 54/m/MICHIGAN
I like this Connor better. Better form then, looks like he's trying to create more hook and he is losing his balance because of this.

High series 810
Current ave. 213

#175197 - 01/17/13 11:45 AM Re: New Video of Conno [Re: spr3wr]
slaterracing Offline

I have to agree with you spr3wr about him trying to hard to hook and get the ball moving. I have noticed that over the last few high school meets has been in and struggled in. He is still smaller than everyone else and from what i can see is he is trying to get as much revs on the ball as a cranker would. I see him moving more and more to the right (since he is a left hander) and trying to swing and flare the ball. This is def not his game and not most peoples game. I have been working with him to move back left and play a more down and in line that requires much less effort and hand in the ball. We are going tonight and going to work on this a lot. My take my camera with me and get a few more shots so he can see what he is doing and how to fix it
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#175204 - 01/17/13 05:18 PM Re: New Video of Conno [Re: Rocket]
Time-To-Roll Offline
Team USA Contender

A/S/L: female, Port Angeles Wa. right...
Ron Clifton's site www.Bowl4Fun.com check out tip # 2
Pressure shots. This is for 180 average so applies to everybody. My keys change from time to time but can be a big
help keeping a consistent approach and release.

#175233 - 01/18/13 09:25 AM Re: New Video of Conno [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

OK we went last night and he thru five games. I did a bunch of video taping but this time i played them back for him while we were there instead of at home so he could see what was going on. If first game he was stuggling again just to fast not getting the ball moving early and was forcing it. So we sat down and went over it what changes he needed to make and slowing they started to click and by the 4th and 5th game he was back on like he was before. shooting a 235 and 242 both of which are his new high scores at that house (it is a tough house a good friend of mine that avg 220s can only avg a 195 there) he saw right away on the video that he was trying way to hard to get revs on the ball and that just was not working. also that his timing was very late so we worked on both alot and the results were right there. Going to go out again on Sunday morning to throw a few more since his next high school meet is Monday.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
This is a damned shame
by Mkirchie - 08/06/20 06:48 AM
Who is itching to get back on the lanes
by Mkirchie - 07/18/20 08:37 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.