BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#173002 - 11/13/12 12:12 PM Im a wreck LOL
slaterracing Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 36/M/Adel, Iowa, USA
So Connor started try outs for the High School Bowling team. This year there are enough kids to have full try outs were last year everyone was on the team. So he has to make top 16 ( 6 varsity, 6 Jr Varsity and 4 Alts) Try outs are Tuesdays and Thursdays for the next 2 weeks (6 total games) and it is driving me nuts not being there when he is bowling or trying out. I know he will be just fine as we went and pract at the house he uses for high school bowling and he has a good plan set but I want to be there. It does not seem to bother him he said he is not worried at all. I know he will make the team and more than likely make varsity cause there are only 2 to 3 bowlers on the team that are better than him but I still want to be there and watch and help him.......CRAP CRAP CRAP :-)
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#173005 - 11/13/12 01:04 PM Re: Im a wreck LOL [Re: slaterracing]
JBenny Offline
League Bowler

A/S/L: MD
Try to keep calm during and before competition.. Your son will pick up on your nervous vibe and possibly start to feel the pressure.. Make sure that when he has his bad shots you remind him it's ok and look towards the next shot.. He has practiced and prepared for this so everything will work out.. You as a father just have to have the same confidence and try not to let your nerves show..

#173006 - 11/13/12 02:01 PM Re: Im a wreck LOL [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

Yep I know that in my head but my gut is saying something else :-) Once he gets on the team and is good for the year I will be all good it is him making the team that has me a little freaked out. He is def much more of a relaxed person than I am. He gets that from him mom but me on the other hand is very high strung when it comes to sports and things like that. That is why he is going to be a much better bowler than me once he gets a little more exp under his belt. he can recover from a bad shot were I def dwell on it more.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#173025 - 11/14/12 11:11 AM Re: Im a wreck LOL [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

Well he is still doing OK sitting either 3rd or 4th place right now so he is in the Varsity line up right now with 2 more games to go on Thursday. Keeping my fingers crossed he does well. Wish I did not have league tonight so i could take him for another pract session before tomorrow.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Duplicating the reaction of an obsolete ball
by BowlerBill - Yesterday at 07:05 PM
2018 USBC Open Championships Syracuse NY
by wronghander - 08/07/18 08:45 PM
Summer Leagues 2018 thread
by Vic44 - 08/04/18 10:41 PM
Short Pin to Axis Layouts for Full Rollers?
by nord - 07/28/18 04:27 PM
Axis Weight Layout for Full Roller?
by Mkirchie - 07/28/18 07:45 AM
PBA Moving From ESPN to Fox
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:50 PM
End of Days
by Gutterballqueen313 - 07/25/18 01:41 PM
Summer House Tourney
by Dennis Michael - 07/24/18 08:26 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2018 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.