BowlingFans.com, The site for the fans, by the fans....
Sponsored Links

ChatBox:

Sponsored Links

Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#172794 - 11/05/12 10:37 AM Storm Lucid Review
slaterracing Offline
2x Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 36/M/Adel, Iowa, USA
OK i have now thrown my Lucid a few times and with out of box finish as well as 1500 polish. My PAP is 4 over and 3/4 up have the ball drilled 4X4 pin down ( will attach a photo) 2 inch pin to cg. This ball is very good thru the heads and with out of box finish it reads the mids nice will a controlled motion on the back end. With the 4000 surface and the drill pattern this ball reads early and gets into the roll very nice for me on med heavy oil. After that i hit the surface with 1500 and some powerhouse magic polish. It allowed the ball to push thru the mids and make a very strong move on the backend. With the 1500 polish the ball made a very similar motion to my anarchy when i first got it. The lucid seems to like surface adjustments. If you want it to read earlier than the out of box hit it with 2000 and go if you want it to put and get a little more back end snap 1500 polish worked well for me. Here is a shot of the ball layout and a pic of the first game I thru with it after doing the 1500 polish. PS mine is the bottom score :-)

Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#10100 - 1 second ago Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links Online   content
Legend

A/S/L: Mountain View, CA
#172801 - 11/05/12 01:53 PM Re: Storm Lucid Review [Re: slaterracing]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
Nice- I have mine drilled 4x4 pin up, and also had to tweak the shell before I liked it. Out of box at 4000 was too early, shiny was a little unpredictable, but once I took the shined up ball, put it back on the spinner, and lightly buffed it with 4000 to knock a little of the shine off, it came to life. Going to keep it like this, and just make speed and hand adjustments. It works great on Wednesday with a flat wrist, 17.5-18 mph, and straight up the lane just inside the oil line. I have to move in a little on Thursday, slow it down a little, and use a little more wrist to get a good look and carry with it.

Bowl up a Storm!

#172802 - 11/05/12 02:11 PM Re: Storm Lucid Review [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

I was able to make it work well out of box with the 4000 matt finish but i had to move left right to the edge of my comfort zone. So I def wld not be able to use it for if the lanes broke down. With the 1500 polish on it i was able to move back right 5 boards and cld chase it left over many many more frames. Like i said above this ball seems to like surface changes. I have had other balls that did not (my Anarchy) so this was def nice to be able to play around and get results.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#172979 - 11/12/12 01:17 PM Re: Storm Lucid Review [Re: slaterracing]
thegermanshepherd Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 53/M/Slate Belt, PA
Mine is drilled 4x4x1 pin up and it hooks more than I had anticipated. I left mine OOB and it out-hooks my favorite Defiant.

#172983 - 11/12/12 02:53 PM Re: Storm Lucid Review [Re: slaterracing]
slaterracing Offline

Ya this thing is crazy good. It is one of those balls that I want to use every time out and at every alley and I cannot do that. Went to a place over the weekend that is a little dryer house shot and I could not keep it on the lane. Moved left till I hit the ball return on the right lane and it sill over hooked so had to put it away and get out the fireroad then the furious. I do not put a lot of hand in the ball and it is always cool to watch my ball go coast to coast in a house. It looked cool just did not work well.
Storm Modern Marvel 15#
Storm FireRoad 15#
Storm Furious 15#
Storm Tropicl Breeze #15
Storm Black Ice #15
Turbo Switch Grip

#176798 - 03/04/13 09:00 PM Re: Storm Lucid Review [Re: slaterracing]
lcpounds Offline
Bumper Bowler

A/S/L: 43/M/St. Louis
I recently also bought a Lucid...pin down with the cg kicked out to maximum the strength of the ball. The ball is definitely the strongest ball in my bag. I throw a bit slower (about 15mph) and have a rev rate around 330. I typically bowl in a Brunswick House in St. Louis which is known to be a wetter place to bowl and this ball eats it up!
Storm IQ Tour Pearl
Storm Tropical Breeze
Columbia 300 Eruption
Columbia 300 Momentum
Hammer Wrachet

#176805 - 03/04/13 11:03 PM Re: Storm Lucid Review [Re: slaterracing]
Fin09 Offline
Virtual League Champion

A/S/L: 53/M/Virginia Beach, VA
Mine is a few months old now, and I'm more familiar with the ball now. When I can use it, it's a monster. I have to put it away after about a game or so now, or I'll ruin a good series. I did this a few weeks ago, shooting 279 with it on Thursday night, then losing carry, shooting 190, then completely losing my ball reaction, shooting my lowest game of the season, 164. Should have put the ball away 3 frames into game 2, but fought it. Need to tweak the shell again, and will probably bring it back to the OOB 4000 finish and bake out the oil.

Bowl up a Storm!

Moderator:  Angel, Community Manager 
Savings That Support BowlingCommunity.com
We need your help!
Rather than begging for donations we're asking you to do one simple thing to help keep these forums running smooth:
When shopping for anything on Amazon.com or eBay please use these links to go to the web sites.

This won't cost you a cent!
You'll still get the exact same low prices, deals and free or low cost shipping; it doesn't change anything for you at all! The items do not have to be bowling related; all purchases made through these links help us! Amazon.com and eBay will pay us a small commission for every sale and it's helping us cover the expenses.

BowlingCommunity.com Recent Posts
Belmo and the 2020 US Open
by champ - 02/25/20 02:22 PM
This is a damned shame
by champ - 02/24/20 06:12 PM
What to do?
by Mkirchie - 02/01/20 07:45 AM
Terms Of Use
Use of this community signifies your agreement to the Community Standards and Conditions of Use.

About BowlingFans.com | Contact Us | Advertise With Us | Site Map
Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. | Material Connection Disclosure

Copyright © 1998 - 2020 - usrbingeek LLC | Copyright Policy
BowlingFans.com, BowlingFans, The Right Approach, Kegler's Connection, Tour411, BallBeat, BowlingCommunity.com, BowlSearch.com, and Bowling News You Can Use are trademarks of usrbingeek LLC. All other trademarks and tradenames are property of their respective owners.